ToneBoosters Performance In R10

Discuss VST stuff here!
RustyShakleforde

28 Feb 2019

Hello,

I picked up the toneboosters bundles (Bus and Mix) after reading really good reviews. The plug ins are good but I am running into issues with there performance in R10. Wondering what other peoples experiences are?

I don't have my laptop specs just now, but it is a modern, cutom build by 3xs audio. It runs Izotope, NI FX, - pretty much all my vts absolutely fine - however with the toneboosters ones I get horrible clicky noises everytime I change a parameter, especialy on forex and reelbus. I don't get the same issues when I use them in Bitwig projects.

I have not experienced the vst issues others have with R10 and have been largely happy with vst integration, but I'm wondering now, with them being fine in Bitwig, if I have ran into the issues others have, and if I have hope of a fix, as I would like to use them in R10. They also feel laggy if that makes sense. Its the V3's of the plug ins, not the newer ones. Even barricade (the limiter) is acting up.

Last night I got really sharp, click sounds from reelbus which I thought might deafen me or bust my headphones. The volume wasn't too high, all other settings and my audio interface were running as normal...

dusan.cani

28 Feb 2019

Hi RustyShakleforde !

I am experiencing the same problems with Track Essentials plugins by ToneBoosters.

I have already mentioned it, in this topic:

viewtopic.php?p=433771#p433767

RustyShakleforde

28 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
28 Feb 2019
Hi RustyShakleforde !

I am experiencing the same problems with Track Essentials plugins by ToneBoosters.

I have already mentioned it, in this topic:

viewtopic.php?p=433771#p433767
Oh, Cheers, i'll check that out..

Thanks

RustyShakleforde

28 Feb 2019

Sorry, a mod can remove this post as I just seen the other that is going on regarding this....

dusan.cani

28 Feb 2019

I think the thread is useful ;)

It's important to describe these sort of problems...Also other people could discuss here if they have similar experience with these plugins in Reason.

RustyShakleforde

01 Mar 2019

I tested it again last night and I can confirm that these plug ins perform terribly in R10. One of the spikes in audio almost deafened me / blew my headphones.

I used in bitwig this morning and they don't lag or cause spikes. Used them in Maschine last night and ran smoothly.

In reason, when you change a parameter it is seriously laggy and get clicks and horrible noises.

Love Reason, no hate. Just a heads up. Woould really like to use these plug ins in reason.

Thanks

RandyEspoda

03 Mar 2019

Hi there, I have the ToneBoosters BUStools bundle too, and sometimes yes there is kind of a little crackle, but on my system it is rather rare tbh, only happens once or so per multi-hour session and not that pronounced so doesn't really bother me.

Mind that I am on Win7, not Win10, though not sure that's a variable to mind.
I'm just mentioning it cause Win10 has had a few issues with Reason in the past years.

But I can confirm it is there. The lag I cannot confirm, they run pretty smooth for me.

Perhaps this quirk is tied to the vst issue Reason has with the locked sample buffer ?
If so, expect it to be solved in the upcoming update.
To be sure, you could send the developers an email stating the issue and asking for any
useful information regarding it. Perhaps I will too cause now come to think of it, it might be an issue
they can solve on their end if not the coming vst fix for Reason 10.3.

• Information