Memory-V by IK Multimedia

Discuss VST stuff here!
QVprod

25 Feb 2019

Went ahead and "bought" it seeing as I already had an audioplugin deals account. They have pretty good deals year round, it's worth being on their email list.

That said I'm unlikely to download it as my issue with IK's Syntronik stuff is that you're only getting tweakable presets, granted with a fair amount of control but it doesn't seem that you can choose an oscillator and build.

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

QVprod wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Went ahead and "bought" it seeing as I already had an audioplugin deals account. They have pretty good deals year round, it's worth being on their email list.

That said I'm unlikely to download it as my issue with IK's Syntronik stuff is that you're only getting tweakable presets, granted with a fair amount of control but it doesn't seem that you can choose an oscillator and build.
You can. Each of Syntronik's instruments has several raw oscillator presets. In Memory-V's case it's these:

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 3.47.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 3.47.05 PM.png (632.68 KiB) Viewed 278 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

QVprod

25 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Feb 2019
QVprod wrote:
25 Feb 2019

You can. Each of Syntronik's instruments has several raw oscillator presets. In Memory-V's case it's these:

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 3.47.05 PM.png
Ah ok, I wondered if it was something you could do via the patch list. Interesting workaround, but I supposed that made programming it easier for them. Who knows, maybe I'll give a try at some point. SSD space is precious :lol:

miscend

25 Feb 2019

First impressions are that this sounds like crap. The Analogue Minsters refill is 100x better. I’m not impressed by any of the presets.

The installation is also a nightmare you need to install several other programs just to get the freebie. You need IK Authoriser, then you Custom Shop, then you need to install Syntronik Free (by the way Syntronik prompts you to d/l Sampletank, the internal patches use Sampletank free library), only after you’ve successfully installed and authorised Syntronik free can you then proceed to install Memory-V. And by the way you have limited amount of download attempts and limited time period before the download for Memory-V expires. After which you will need to pay for a download voucher/ token if you wish to download it again. So it’s a good idea to backup the Memory-V installer somewhere.
Last edited by miscend on 25 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2019
The Analogue Minsters refill is 100x better.
:roll:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information