Memory-V by IK Multimedia

Discuss VST stuff here!

Creativemind

24 Feb 2019

Hi!

Thanks for letting people know of the deal.

I have Syntronik installed and the authorizer but how do I find the actual Memory V plug-in then?
Last edited by Creativemind on 24 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

24 Feb 2019

You can access the patches in Syntronic or sampletank.

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
24 Feb 2019
Hi!

Thanks for letting people of the deal.

I have Syntronik installed and the authorizer but how do I find the actual Memory V plug-in then?
Do you also have the 5 gig sound library??

Creativemind

24 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
24 Feb 2019
You can access the patches in Syntronic or sampletank.
Where, how?

That is what I'm asking.

See attached pic. That is what I get when I open Syntronik.
Attachments
Syntronik.PNG
Syntronik.PNG (154.78 KiB) Viewed 2364 times

jam-s

24 Feb 2019

Looks like you did not install the Memory-V content into the right place (or at all). For me it's right there between J-8 and Minimod.

Creativemind

24 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
24 Feb 2019
Looks like you did not install the Memory-V content into the right place (or at all). For me it's right there between J-8 and Minimod.
I went through the steps on that site it said but I hadn't downloaded the content from the IK Multimedia site.

It's installed now but only a third of the patches will load.

olive6741

25 Feb 2019

Yes, it is a bit... complicated to install, this IK stuff... :( But at least it works for you...
On Mac (Mojave), it doesn't work... but I'm not alone as I've seen on forum (too late - lost some time before heading to forum, silly me). Opened a ticket. :( (not Reason related - just don't work ;) )

Jmax

25 Feb 2019

I'm staying away from this for the install alone.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Loque

25 Feb 2019

Is IK always so complicated? I once had tried Positive Grid and it was horror and now i avoid them totally.
Reason12, Win10

Jmax

25 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:Is IK always so complicated? I once had tried Positive Grid and it was horror and now i avoid them totally.
Yeah first install the authorizer, then install the IK downloader, then the VST. Don't forget to register everything then get them all to work in sync. And update.

No thanks.

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

It was the easiest installation in the history of installations. Now I know you guys are some anti-vst disinformation agents. 👽
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

25 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Feb 2019
It was the easiest installation in the history of installations. Now I know you guys are some anti-vst disinformation agents. 👽
Please just stay at the facts instead of personal attacks. Thank you.
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

FACT: IT WAS THE EASIEST INSTALLATION IN THE HISTORY OF INSTALLATIONS.

I don't get why you post here if you appear to be completely anti-vst. We get VSTs aren't for you. What is your deal?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

25 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Feb 2019
FACT: IT WAS THE EASIEST INSTALLATION IN THE HISTORY OF INSTALLATIONS.

I don't get why you post here if you appear to be completely anti-vst. We get VSTs aren't for you. What is your deal?
You assume too much... Guess you cannot keep it objective.

I am out here...
Reason12, Win10

eusti

25 Feb 2019

Could it just be that different people with different systems have different experiences when installing stuff? That would certainly account for very different opinions on that matter, no?

D.

jam-s

25 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Feb 2019
The IK installation process is by far worse than the ones from NI or izotope. I would say it's on the same level as the RP one (= a little confusing and edgy, but not unbearable).

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

Sure, it could be system issues, (but those of us who have worked in IT know that it is usually "user" issues) but honestly, once you put in a little effort into understanding the process and the logic behind these hub+sample library types of instruments, then barring any system issues, you really shouldn't have any problems. Someone said this didn't work on Mojave - well it works perfectly on my Mojave installation, and on the mojave system of 6 of my friends, and maybe it has to do with me manually installing it for them, but whatever, it works. So instead of scaring or misinforming other Reason users by claiming "THIS DOESN'T WORK ON MOJAVE", as an absolute fact, what about being a bit less absolute, and leaving room for some weird system incompatibility on YOUR system. Because it DOES work. You CAN use this in Reason. Download it. Try it, don't be scared, you might like it.

You have to take the serial you were given and paste it into IK's authorizer. You then have to download TWO Memory V installation files. One of them contains the patches and some samples, the other one has the rest of the samples. So you need to install BOTH. And you need to make sure - just like any other sample library instrument - that the instrument is pointed to the location of the samples. This is no different than any other instrument like this. Then when you open Syntronik or whatever instrument you are using, it will momentarily rebuild the patch database and your new instrument will appear. If you want me to troubleshoot this with you I would be happy to help.

KVR topic on this: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... dfd9bc910c
:thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

25 Feb 2019

I stopped messing around with IK stuff when they installed husks of all their plugins on my system during my last install. My Reason browser was overwhelmed with IK plugins that I didn't actually have on my system. Nasty. No, it was not an option during installation and it all just showed up. Nothing to do with VSTs. I have plenty that I really like.

But to say IK is the simplest installation is dead wrong. The simplest are the ones where you download it and either it has a simple installer without the need for separate installation software or you just download the actual plugin and move it to your plugin folder; the ones where BS isn't installed on your system mucking everything up are the simple ones. I had to spend time going around and deleting all the fake plugins.

Jmax

25 Feb 2019

I have plenty of Vst's. You assume wrong.

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2019
I stopped messing around with IK stuff when they installed husks of all their plugins on my system during my last install. My Reason browser was overwhelmed with IK plugins that I didn't actually have on my system. Nasty. No, it was not an option during installation and it all just showed up. Nothing to do with VSTs. I have plenty that I really like.

But to say IK is the simplest installation is dead wrong.
Memory-V was easy, you're referring to T-Racks, where by default ALL the modules are installed, even the ones you didn't buy, which yes, does suck and I hate that too, but honestly, it took you what - maybe 3 minutes to remove or uncheck the extra modules? You're going to stay away from some excellent plugins because of that??!!! I wish IK did things differently when it comes to T-Racks, but it's still not anything difficult to "fix".

I'm not an IK fanboy - but I do like and use their plugins, in Reason. You shouldn't stay away from them because other people make it seem like it's difficult to get them installed. It's not.

Now to the Reason users who are itching to say "IK's products are not worth the hassle and it's nothing you can't do with REs or Reason's synths and effects" - is that how every single VST thread is going to go down? Do ya'll want me to pop up in every new RE topic and talk about how the RE is weak and how you could do the same thing the RE does with a free VST? Cuz I can.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Jmax

25 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Feb 2019
joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2019

But to say IK is the simplest installation is dead wrong.
Memory-V was easy, you're referring to T-Racks, where by default ALL the modules are installed, even the ones you didn't buy, which yes, does suck and I hate that too, but honestly, it took you what - maybe 3 minutes to remove or uncheck the extra modules? You're going to stay away from some excellent plugins because of that??!!! I wish IK did things differently when it comes to T-Racks, but it's still not anything difficult to "fix".

I'm not an IK fanboy - but I do like and use their plugins, in Reason. You shouldn't stay away from them because other people make it seem like it's difficult to get them installed. It's not.

Now to the Reason users who are itching to say "IK's products are not worth the hassle and it's nothing you can't do with REs or Reason's synths and effects" - is that how every single VST thread is going to go down? Do ya'll want me to pop up in every new RE topic and talk about how the RE is weak and how you could do the same thing the RE does with a free VST? Cuz I can.
I don't think anybody said IK's products are not worth the hassle. We simply stated that for this "freebie" it was indeed a tricky installation, which I believe is a valid point. If you're installing a bunch of IK stuff, then sure go ahead. I do believe their products are very nice.
I don't believe anyone stated that IK products can replicated by RE's in this thread.

Soeno

25 Feb 2019

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

This is a better demo:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

FLVZ

25 Feb 2019

Glad I'm not the only one who decided against the install after realising, I first need to create an account for audioplugin.deals then create account for IK then download 2 bits of software before I even make a 5gb dent on my hdd to be able to make use of this deal. Life with rack extensions has taught me the process doesn't at all need to be this painful :lol: I think I'll wait for the RE version

• Information