Arturia Farfisa Anyone?? Question...

Discuss VST stuff here!
skie

05 Feb 2019

I have this VST and on one particular patch called Melodious Organ 2 there is A LOT of noise/hiss, even with the sequencer stopped, its ever-present. Its a great sound however the hiss really takes up way too much in the mix to be usable. It sounds like a ground loop almost. I tweaked every setting I could find and can't make it go away, any advice? The patch is called Melodious Organ 2. Thank you!

mashers

05 Feb 2019

Are you sure it's not intentional? If it's only on that one patch then that would seem to suggest that the VST and host are working correctly. Maybe it is actually emulating an organ with that noise!

skie

05 Feb 2019

mashers wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Are you sure it's not intentional? If it's only on that one patch then that would seem to suggest that the VST and host are working correctly. Maybe it is actually emulating an organ with that noise!
Yea it's definitely intentional. But it's not on all the patches so I figure there is a setting that is causing it. I checked the amp and fx settings too.

Loque

05 Feb 2019

Can't remember and I am not at Farfisa, but i had similar problems and there is somewhere a Noise On/Off switch. Once i found it only deep hidden in the settings than in the GUI directly - not sure if it was this one. But i am sure, you can turn it off. Maybe check the manual for Noise...
Reason12, Win10

skie

05 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Can't remember and I am not at Farfisa, but i had similar problems and there is somewhere a Noise On/Off switch. Once i found it only deep hidden in the settings than in the GUI directly - not sure if it was this one. But i am sure, you can turn it off. Maybe check the manual for Noise...
FOUND IT IN THE MANUAL! I had previously googled "Arturia Farfisa V 1 Noise" and nothing came up directly in the results so I stopped there. Yea there's a whole section under the hood I forgot about, including a Noise control. You just saved my track Homie thank you

fieldframe
RE Developer

07 Feb 2019

Much as I appreciate the realism of Arturia modeling the noise floor of the Farfisa, I never understood why they didn't build in a gate to go with it. That said, if you want a realistically noisy organ, at least there's a gate only a click away on the mixer.

• Information