Airwindows Plugs

Discuss VST stuff here!
Creativemind

27 Jan 2019

Hi All!

Just downloaded 3 Airwindows Plug-Ins from their site, High Impact, DrumSlam and ToTape. All 3 show up in Reason and go into the rack but they don't open when you press the open button.

Anyone else having trouble with these plug-ins or are they working for you?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

27 Jan 2019

There is no trouble, they just don't have a GUI. Access them via controls. Someone here provided Combinator for most of those devices in a thread.
Reason12, Win10

Italophile

27 Jan 2019

From their website:
“Why no GUI?
Airwindows’ reputation was built out of generic-interface plugins, which typically focus on doing only one thing, often with very simple controls, labelled to help understanding but not to encourage formulaic work. There are two reasons for the generic, non-GUI interfaces. One, because it improves reliability a huge amount (many audio plugin bugs, including showstopper bugs, have to do with the GUI part). Two, because time that could be spent debugging the GUI or tweaking its look—or writing copyprotect code—can be better spent improving the sound. That’s how Airwindows rolls, since 2007.”

Perhaps Reason doesn’t handle generic-interface plugins yet?

Creativemind

27 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2019
There is no trouble, they just don't have a GUI. Access them via controls. Someone here provided Combinator for most of those devices in a thread.
I said, "don't open" not that they didn't have a GUI. You can't control what you can't access.

Creativemind

27 Jan 2019

Italophile wrote:
27 Jan 2019
From their website:
“Why no GUI?
Airwindows’ reputation was built out of generic-interface plugins, which typically focus on doing only one thing, often with very simple controls, labelled to help understanding but not to encourage formulaic work. There are two reasons for the generic, non-GUI interfaces. One, because it improves reliability a huge amount (many audio plugin bugs, including showstopper bugs, have to do with the GUI part). Two, because time that could be spent debugging the GUI or tweaking its look—or writing copyprotect code—can be better spent improving the sound. That’s how Airwindows rolls, since 2007.”

Perhaps Reason doesn’t handle generic-interface plugins yet?
Your very last statement could be closer to the mark.

I know they don't have a GUI, bit like some Reaper plugs but this is what you should get:-

twin1965

27 Jan 2019

You can also try nyrv systems agent cm.
This vst allows you to load other vsts and add custom controls, buttons, meters etc.
It's free with Computer Music Magazine

Loque

27 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2019
I said, "don't open" not that they didn't have a GUI. You can't control what you can't access.
How can something "open" if it has no GUI? What you see in the video is automatic creation of GUI elements by the DAW and this does not exist in Reason. Show the programmer of the VST and select the targets by yourself. So you CAN access the parameters. Pretty easy...
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Hi All!

Just downloaded 3 Airwindows Plug-Ins from their site, High Impact, DrumSlam and ToTape. All 3 show up in Reason and go into the rack but they don't open when you press the open button.

Thanks!
Each DAW has it's own unique interface for plugins with no GUI.

The way you do it in Reason is from this

Italophile

27 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2019
According to your post in the thread that Loque referred to you actually downloaded the combinators two years ago. So you should already be familiar with this method of controlling plugins without a GUI.

Catblack

27 Jan 2019

I put all the GUI-less Airwindows VSTs into combinators just after VSTs were added to Reason. As I said there, if anyone wants to add the latest Airwindows plugins to the archive and repost it, feel free. I found myself never using them again after I posted them.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

28 Jan 2019

Catblack wrote:
27 Jan 2019
I put all the GUI-less Airwindows VSTs into combinators just after VSTs were added to Reason. As I said there, if anyone wants to add the latest Airwindows plugins to the archive and repost it, feel free. I found myself never using them again after I posted them.
I tried your Combinators, so thanks for the effort you spent. I uninstalled all Airwindows stuff too, because the quality is bad IMO.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

28 Jan 2019

aeox wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Hi All!

Thanks!
Each DAW has it's own unique interface for plugins with no GUI.

The way you do it in Reason is from this

Ahh thanks for that and yes I did noticed after looking for that thread, that I'd stated downloading them. I don't recall that though and damned if I can find the combinators now lol! Anyway, will try using the Reason container as you've stated above.

Cheers!

• Information