Sampletank 4... wow

Discuss VST stuff here!

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2019

I love how clean and modern it looks. Nice to have such consistency in design. Seems like it makes it easier to focus on the music.

m.arthur

15 Jan 2019

Have you ever actually played / heard (not in a promo) IK's SampleTank products before, though? In my experience and opinion, they were seriously weak. Kontakt 6 over this any day, every day for me.

hurricane
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2019

I've always preferred the sounds of Halion 6 to those in Sampletank 3, but this looks GREAT.

And I'm not even joking anymore, but we're all gonna die before Reason looks like this. Like, seriously.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

QVprod

15 Jan 2019

m.arthur wrote:
15 Jan 2019
Have you ever actually played / heard (not in a promo) IK's SampleTank products before, though? In my experience and opinion, they were seriously weak. Kontakt 6 over this any day, every day for me.
From Sampletank 3 they're actually pretty decent. I own the ios version, and they're decent enough for live use. Prior to that their sounds weren't that great at all. I don't see this a Kontakt competitor per se though and I barely using much of the stock Kontakt sounds outside of the strings. I use libraries more both NI and 3rd party. This new version is practically a synth.
hurricane wrote:
15 Jan 2019
I've always preferred the sounds of Halion 6 to those in Sampletank 3, but this looks GREAT.

And I'm not even joking anymore, but we're all gonna die before Reason looks like this. Like, seriously.
You know... the racks in Sampletank 4 do look quite good actually.

groggy1

15 Jan 2019

I haven't place with SampleTank since version 2 - it's a good rompler for me, but I was never blown away by the sound.

However, I *hate* the Kontakt UI, and I just stopped using Kontakt a few years back. I know every sample library is this format, but I always thought the UI was so complicated for me (SOOOO many features and options). I like things a bit simpler.

One thing I'll say about IKMultimedia: I've always been a TRacks fan, but the latest version is just FANTASTIC! I love how the new modules sound (like their exciter is easy for me to get good results on). So I'm thinking if TRacks has made such a leap forward, perhaps SampleTank4 will also be a good step forward...

QVprod

15 Jan 2019

groggy1 wrote:
15 Jan 2019
I haven't place with SampleTank since version 2 - it's a good rompler for me, but I was never blown away by the sound.

However, I *hate* the Kontakt UI, and I just stopped using Kontakt a few years back. I know every sample library is this format, but I always thought the UI was so complicated for me (SOOOO many features and options). I like things a bit simpler.

One thing I'll say about IKMultimedia: I've always been a TRacks fan, but the latest version is just FANTASTIC! I love how the new modules sound (like their exciter is easy for me to get good results on). So I'm thinking if TRacks has made such a leap forward, perhaps SampleTank4 will also be a good step forward...
I'll say for sure SampleTank 3 was leagues ahead of SampleTank 2. From what I'm seeing from videos of this version. Even better.

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2019

Looks like I'm going to go for the ST4 SE option - I'm not crazy about Sampletank's sound content (but I DO like and own Syntronik) - so I just want the new plugin with the updated GUI, effects, and editing options and I'm fine with using ST3's content and Syntronik. I guess as a "bonus" I'd get 25GB of NEW sounds but I'm more interested in the plugin and not the new sound content. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

kitekrazy

20 Jan 2019

I have over 70gb of ST sounds and I rarely open it. Sometimes I forget it's there. I think making it more of a sampler than a rompler is holding it back.

kuhliloach

20 Jan 2019

This brings up an issue I wonder about. I use their iRig Pro for iOS music production but for some reason I've never felt inclined to use any of their software. From Sampletank to Amplitube these are the last apps I would ever consider using for music production. But I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something. Could it be that I am so overloaded with apps I love that I just have no more room? For example, just the apps by Positive Grid and KORG alone leave me with no desire left for anything made by IK. Or, say, Yonac: I love all their stuff. I'd even reach for amp sims in GarageBand before looking towards IK for amp sims.

So... Can anyone here tell me: what am I missing? Do you love Sampletank and use it often? What other IK apps do you love and recommend? Desktop or mobile! I'm just curious.

• Information