Ozone 8 DSP

Discuss VST stuff here!
evolve187

09 Jan 2019

Anyone else find Ozone 8 VST to be a DSP hog? My system runs everything fine..multiple demanding REs and other VSTs but as soon as i add Ozone the DSP creeps up 2 bars and i start getting clicks and pops.

Is there anyway to improve this performance?

I mean if i have to use it as a standalone i can but I'd really prefer it to work better in real time while i work.

Thanks in advance!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

guitfnky

09 Jan 2019

Izotope plugins are known for high DSP usage in Reason (at least the more modern ones like Neptune and Ozone). there’s not much that can be done right now, AFAIK, but I think the VST performance update for Reason is in alpha testing right now, so hopefully in the next month or two, we’ll be getting a significant blanket performance bump for VSTs.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

S1GNL

09 Jan 2019

Yep! Keep in mind that it’s actually multiple plugins in one instance. I assume that it’s pre-loading several processors for the user’s convenience/ faster workflow.

evolve187

09 Jan 2019

S1GNL wrote:
09 Jan 2019
Yep! Keep in mind that it’s actually multiple plugins in one instance. I assume that it’s pre-loading several processors for the user’s convenience/ faster workflow.
very true. I actually tried disabling the individual plugs within Ozone 8 and even with just EQ enabled it demands significantly more DSP...

Well i guess of all the VSTs I have that could have issues, a stand alone mastering VST is not the end of the world :D I just like to hear the sparkle while i work.

Hopefully as mentioned the VST improvements come sooner rather than later. Thanks for your responses.

Reason 4 Life!!!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

PhillipOrdonez

10 Jan 2019

It is not a matter of various plugins bundled in one. I can load a single instance of the maximiser plugin and it all goes kaput on a heavy enough project.

antic604

10 Jan 2019

Well, it's heavy because - I'm assuming - the quality of algorithms is higher than of the equivalent modules in e.g. Neutron and therefore it's meant to be running in single instance on the end of master bus and - usually - on a project that's already been bounced to stems or even to a single stereo file.

EnochLight

15 Jan 2019

Nope. It's heavy in Reason specifically because of the way Reason currently handles the sample buffer. Once the free 10.3 VST performance fix hits, you'll find Ozone runs in Reason more in alignment to other DAW.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

16 Jan 2019

EnochLight wrote:
15 Jan 2019
Nope. It's heavy in Reason specifically because of the way Reason currently handles the sample buffer. Once the free 10.3 VST performance fix hits, you'll find Ozone runs in Reason more in alignment to other DAW.
I mean it's still relatively heavy in other DAWs too, because of quality of processing and the fact that it's meant to sit in one instance at the end of your audio signal chain.

• Information