Glitchmachines Cataract question

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2019

Ok...I'm guessing this is basic but I just want to make sure I'm doing this the best way. Can anyone with experience of this VST set me right. I've got all my samples loaded into Cataract and got it all glitching the way I want it when I press play on the transport. Cataract doesn't have a play button or any way I can see to start and stop it playing using midi keyboard. If I want it only to play at certain parts of the song is the best way to automate the Mute button, the global output on the VST...or indeed the track volume slider? Or doesn't it make any difference. So far those are the only solutions I can come up with. If you use this VST or know the best way or any other way to do this I'd really appreciate it if you can tell me. Thanks if you can :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

05 Jan 2019

Hm...yea, i think so too. You can mute/bypass it and retrigger ([R] on GUI at bottom) if needed.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Hm...yea, i think so too. You can mute/bypass it and retrigger ([R] on GUI at bottom) if needed.
Thanks Loque :). I'd actually have bet good money that you'd be the one to answer me. Appreciated man :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

05 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Thanks Loque :). I'd actually have bet good money that you'd be the one to answer me. Appreciated man :)
I just want 50% of your yield.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Jan 2019

Ha ha :) You got it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MDTerps2015

06 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019

Ha ha :) You got it.
Loque is beast mode. Other than collabing with him. I listen.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Loque...apparently it’s possible to bounce (render) sections of sound created by Cataract to audio for editing but I don’t know how to do that. Do you?
One method would be to record live in real time to an audio track I guess.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

07 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Jan 2019

Loque...apparently it’s possible to bounce (render) sections of sound created by Cataract to audio for editing but I don’t know how to do that. Do you?
One method would be to record live in real time to an audio track I guess.
Just create a empty sequencer track and bounce it. Live recording is another option ofc.

Oh and i just read in the manual:
One of the plugin’s highlights is the ability to step-sequence
nearly every parameter, making it possible to coordinate extremely expressive and
detailed patterns. Synchronize tightly with your hosts’s clock, use your MIDI keyboard to
improvise complex pattern variations in real time, or sequence precise parameter
changes from within your favorite DAW. You can even utilize Cataract’s GEN functions
to set up completely generative evolving phrases.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2019

How’d you mean create a seperate sequencer track? Do I move the markers on the Cataract track, select between the markers and then Bounce to track? I’m not so up on that stuff.

I read the manual bit as well and it said be sure not to have any MIDI data on the Cataract track itself, because this will cause the parameter snapshots to get triggered. Cataract should always have NO midi on its track unless you deliberately want to automate the parameter snapshot changes. I’m a little confused.
I’ve actually got contact with Glitchmachines just now and they are being incredibly helpful. Good guys.

Edit: I think I worked it out. I just drew in a section of the Cataract track, clicked on that, Bounce in Place to get an audio track and then deleted the Cataract track...is that right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

07 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jan 2019
How’d you mean create a seperate sequencer track? Do I move the markers on the Cataract track, select between the markers and then Bounce to track? I’m not so up on that stuff.

I read the manual bit as well and it said be sure not to have any MIDI data on the Cataract track itself, because this will cause the parameter snapshots to get triggered. Cataract should always have NO midi on its track unless you deliberately want to automate the parameter snapshot changes. I’m a little confused.
I’ve actually got contact with Glitchmachines just now and they are being incredibly helpful. Good guys.

Edit: I think I worked it out. I just drew in a section of the Cataract track, clicked on that, Bounce in Place to get an audio track and then deleted the Cataract track...is that right?
The note lane is probably already there, but its empty and does not have a track on it. Just create one, right click it, choose Bounce from pop up menu and you are done.

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Exactly!
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
07 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
07 Jan 2019

The note lane is probably already there, but its empty and does not have a track on it. Just create one, right click it, choose Bounce from pop up menu and you are done.

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Exactly!
Cool :):):). But now you have to share your cut with Glitchmachines as well :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information