I just released a demo/debug build of my new VST plugin called SAM-SPL 64. This plugin will be free and open source. When I worked on the RE CVA-7 I got a lot of feedback from this forum which really helped in making it (what I believe) is a great plugin.
This is the current set of features of the plugin:
This VST2/3 (and AudioUnit) plugin lets you easily split a sample in up to 64 slices.
- Use the pads in the plugin or a MIDI keyboard (slices automatically mapped to notes)
- 2 play modes: hold or trigger
- Play a single slice at a time or multiple (polyphonic)
- Each slice can be set to loop and/or play in reverse
- Edit the sample (Trim, Cut, Crop, Normalize (0dB, -3dB, -6dB), Resample)
- Continuous smooth zoom all the way to the sample level
- Show zero crossing
- Load a sample from the file system or directly sample an input (built-in sampler)
- Export the sample as a file (wav / aiff supported)
The plugin can be downloaded (for macOS ONLY) at this URL https://github.com/pongasoft/vst-sam-spl-64/releases
Note that it is a Debug build with all logging enabled (if you start your DAW from the command line (for example /Applications/Reason\ 9/Reason.app/Contents/MacOS/Reason) you can see all the logging information...).
Here is what the plugin look like right now: