Glitchmachines question

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2018

Well, sale fever struck once again and I bought three Glitchmachines plug-ins for cheap. Cataract, Quadrant and Fracture XT. I’ve pretty much realised that the clue to what they do is in the name of the developer. Anyway...for various reasons I’m not going to get the chance to try them for a couple of weeks and I’m getting really curious. Do they do pretty much the same thing?That is mental, crazy glitches or is there a big difference in what they do? I’d appreciate it if anyone can tell me as I’m getting twitchy with curiosity:):):):). Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

30 Dec 2018

Everything from Glitchmachines is, well, glitch-stuff. A few are sample based, others are pure fx. YOu can also just use the fx units on the devices and that comes in pretty handy for RM or distortion modules, which are pretty good.

All devices from Glitchmachinesi know share a bit of fx devices and what they can be used for. Sometimes i think, you can see the evolution of the devices. IMO all their devices could be done easily in 1 or 2 devices, but well, here we are. Thats one reason, i limit myself to not get over maybe 30-50 bucks for all their stuff. I payed maybe 10-12 bucks for those 2 devices and that is a quite fair price, only 6 or less is ok.

I just think from time to time, that i want to slap the devs for the bad workflow and the ugly GUIs. Just take a look at Gorgon, which is a free predecessor of one of their devices. Its still ugly with bad workflow, but finally looks more interesting: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/gorgon ... ar-display
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2018

Ok. Cheers. Yeah...I got all three for €6 so even if they’re samey I still reckon I got a bargain.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information