Plug-in Boutique list prices. What’s that all about?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

Just bought SoundSpot Nebula for €1. The list price is €140 or something. Are they trying to kid folk on?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

27 Dec 2018

Its not Pluginboutique. The problem is that some vendors offer crap for ridiculous prices.

Soundspot is one off that vendors imo. Produces crap and wants way too much money for it. I got nebula for free and I thought: crap. Got a distortion for free and thought what a bad sound. And both devices are very expensive if bought with normal prices. I can only recommend to avoid Soundspot in general, even if it is free.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Dec 2018
Its not Pluginboutique. The problem is that some vendors offer crap for ridiculous prices.

Soundspot is one off that vendors imo. Produces crap and wants way too much money for it. I got nebula for free and I thought: crap. Got a distortion for free and thought what a bad sound. And both devices are very expensive if bought with normal prices. I can only recommend to avoid Soundspot in general, even if it is free.
Yep...learned a lesson. Nebula isn't even worth €1. Oh well, I only bought it to get the AAS Bundle and that's kind of ok...for €1 anyway :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

27 Dec 2018

If something is listed for 50+ units of currency and it's sold at 1, then it's probably not even worth that 1 :)

Having said that, I got 2-3 effects from Glitchmachines via Plugin Boutique at 3-4EUR each and they're a steal at those prices. So the above holds true, just don't get anything below 3EUR :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
27 Dec 2018
If something is listed for 50+ units of currency and it's sold at 1, then it's probably not even worth that 1 :)

Having said that, I got 2-3 effects from Glitchmachines via Plugin Boutique at 3-4EUR each and they're a steal at those prices. So the above holds true, just don't get anything below 3EUR :D
I was just looking at Cataract and Fracture. Are they cool or do they just mangle sound (which I guess is also cool). I saw there’s a free version of Fracture. Is there much difference? That Nebula plugin is crap. I just uninstalled the AAS bundle as well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

27 Dec 2018

Is it really that bad, looks / sounds alright from that video?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

That Nebula logo looks like Reason logo :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by aeox on 27 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

Creativemind wrote:
27 Dec 2018

Yep...I think so in any case. It's easy to make anything look good I guess. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

aeox wrote:
27 Dec 2018
That Nebula logo looks like Reason logo :puf_bigsmile:
Exactly what I thought
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

27 Dec 2018

Creativemind wrote:
27 Dec 2018

Its nothing special. Sounds boring or simply bad. I would use it if it was my only fx. If i had payed 150 for it, i would cry for the rest of my life. There are free devices with better sound and Reason stock fx sound better.
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

27 Dec 2018

Depends. The air plugins are pretty decent as well as the Sonivox stuff which has all been sold for $1 at some point. Those are pretty well known names however and the products are just old at this point.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2018

Played with the free version of Glitchmachines Fracture for about 5 minutes then bought Cataract, FractureXT and Quadrant without even thinking twice.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MDTerps2015

27 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Dec 2018
Creativemind wrote:
27 Dec 2018

Its nothing special. Sounds boring or simply bad. I would use it if it was my only fx. If i had payed 150 for it, i would cry for the rest of my life. There are free devices with better sound and Reason stock fx sound better.
Yeah I got Vacuum Pro for a buck, Hybrid 3 for a buck, Loom 2 for a buck, and a bunch of stuff for under five bucks like Xpand!, SYnthmaster Player for 5 bucks and turned around and bought Synthmaster for 30 bucks. Axis by soundspot is pretty damn good but I hardly ever use it. BTW has anyone checked out Freakshow Ind vsts. They are something to behold. I bought all three last night and worth every penny of the dollar and there motto is pay what you want.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2018

MDTerps2015 wrote:
27 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
27 Dec 2018

Yeah I got Vacuum Pro for a buck, Hybrid 3 for a buck, Loom 2 for a buck, and a bunch of stuff for under five bucks like Xpand!, SYnthmaster Player for 5 bucks and turned around and bought Synthmaster for 30 bucks. Axis by soundspot is pretty damn good but I hardly ever use it. BTW has anyone checked out Freakshow Ind vsts. They are something to behold. I bought all three last night and worth every penny of the dollar and there motto is pay what you want.
Thanks for the heads up on Freakshow Industries. Their videos are magic.
Where’d you find them for a dollar?...and I thought they only had two VSTs with one in the way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MDTerps2015

28 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
28 Dec 2018
MDTerps2015 wrote:
27 Dec 2018
Where’d you find them for a dollar?...and I thought they only had two VSTs with one in the way.
Found all of the Air Music vsts plugin boutique or kvr audio or audio deluxe (my three go too's) plugin boutique be my main. Freakshow Ind. website is a pay what you want for their vsts. I have been watching their videos by third parties on youtube and this black dude explains them perfectly and some of the stuff they can do. They are weird as heck but sound good as heck. No they have three now. Backmash, Dumpster fire, and Mishby which is not out yet.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2018

MDTerps2015 wrote:
28 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
28 Dec 2018

Found all of the Air Music vsts plugin boutique or kvr audio or audio deluxe (my three go too's) plugin boutique be my main. Freakshow Ind. website is a pay what you want for their vsts. I have been watching their videos by third parties on youtube and this black dude explains them perfectly and some of the stuff they can do. They are weird as heck but sound good as heck. No they have three now. Backmash, Dumpster fire, and Mishby which is not out yet.
That’s what I was wondering. It says on their website that Mishby isn’t finished. Where did you get it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

28 Dec 2018

Dumpster Fire is the best plug in name since LePetite Excite.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Resonator

28 Dec 2018

I got most if not all of the VSTs mentioned here last year and I never use them. They don’t compare with what I already have. So they just clutter up the browser.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2018

More and more I’m finding that I’ll install a VST, try it for about 5 minutes and then uninstall it again. I just don’t like them. Sure, the Rob Papen bundle I bought is cool and I really do like what I can do with it but it just doesn’t feel “Reasony” if that isn’t too much of a statement. There’s a few free ones I wouldn’t be without TAL and U-he spring to mind but overall that’s about it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

29 Dec 2018

Most of those cheap £1 plugin brands are only available to buy on Pluginboutique. I suspect they are them are some sort in house developed own brands plugins. Apart from the Air/Sonivox/Akai stuff which was developed by Wizoo.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2018

miscend wrote:
29 Dec 2018
Most of those cheap £1 plugin brands are only available to buy on Pluginboutique. I suspect they are them are some sort in house developed own brands plugins. Apart from the Air/Sonivox/Akai stuff which was developed by Wizoo.
Considering they do in depth reviews of those €1 plugin on youtube this might well be true.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018
miscend wrote:
29 Dec 2018
Considering they do in depth reviews of those €1 plugin on youtube this might well be true.

Not really. A lot of those cheap plugins were developed years ago and the companies were sold several times. There is no active development, just reselling. AIR stuff is a good example.

A few companies are just a brand and the development is done external and often based on frameworks. Sonivox Solina is an example for that and heavily, heavily overpriced.

There is stuff from Pluginboutique and it is branded like that.
Reason12, Win10

miscend

29 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
29 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018

Not really. A lot of those cheap plugins were developed years ago and the companies were sold several times. There is no active development, just reselling. AIR stuff is a good example.

A few companies are just a brand and the development is done external and often based on frameworks. Sonivox Solina is an example for that and heavily, heavily overpriced.

The Air and Sonivox stuff is from In Music Brands, the same company housing the Akai and Alesis brands. Their plugins are actually all good quality, at one point they used sell them for steep prices.

Soundspot however have very little info on their website and they sell lots of cheap shovelware plugins with heavily inflated RRPs. I wonder if anyone has any ever bought this stuff full price.

MDTerps2015

29 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
29 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018

If im not mistaken, Vacuum Pro came not long ago. SO there is development just not as much or as fast. Vacuum is made by Air Music. They are also available in 64 bit which tells me someone is paying attention. I would recommend to anyone if they could afford to get it, get Transfuser by AIR MUSIC. Its incredible and maybe there is something out there like it comparable but I haven't found it. I had it and bought two new computers. Had a MAC with it on it and gave it to my daughter. Then bought a cyber power gamer that wasn't big enough to run it. Not knowing how ilok works I deleted the hard drives on those computers without deauthorizing. Now I got a Ryzen 2700x, 32 gb 2 tb hard and 2 tb ssd and I AIR or inmusicbrand wont send me a new lisc. I do recommend Transfuser though.

MDTerps2015

29 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
28 Dec 2018
MDTerps2015 wrote:
28 Dec 2018
That’s what I was wondering. It says on their website that Mishby isn’t finished. Where did you get it?
Im sorry Mishby isn't finished. I was confusing it with TEMPER which is another distortion type plugin. I don't know how I got those confused but I do have Backmask and DumpsterFire.

• Information