Europa soundpacks

Discuss VST stuff here!
sleep1979

23 Dec 2018

Im a preset guy and like learning from presets there aint really many if any out there by big name preset designers , are the big producers trying this synth out ? Coz its been out a while now and not seeing any big sound banks and i know its a top synth up there with the big ones , also why didnt they give it a big name like loki or odin or ragnor , europa is a lame name , theres a big shipping company called europa with long lorries with the name on , and thats what i think of when i see it thor is bad ass name europa aint , still a great synth though innit ๐Ÿ˜œ

Oquasec

23 Dec 2018

This is one of the most recent synths out there so everybody's still getting used to it.
Pigments is new, expanse is kinda new, Parsec is old, Serum is old, Thor is super old etc.

Some are already digging into the Wavetable engine. (Wavetables, you make them & save them)
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

miscend

23 Dec 2018

Yeah somebody needs to hit up Aiyn Zahev, Kevin Schroeder, Arksun and Howard Scarr. Tell them about Europa. No one does does EDM refills anymore.

Catblack

23 Dec 2018

There is this free soundbank which is quite nice.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tao-so ... nic-sirius

As to the rest of your complaints... well, it is what it is. But I think it sounds great, am happy with the name. If the name Europa reminds you of a moving company, I say fire it up and let it move you.

The name always reminds me of a Tangerine Dream track...

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Marco Raaphorst

23 Dec 2018

I am working on a ReFill for Europa (80s sounds, many bread and butter super useful patches) wanted to have it ready before Christmas but I am a perfectionist. Should be ready in January. I love Europa. It is a mind blowing synth.

sleep1979

23 Dec 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote: โ†‘
23 Dec 2018
I am working on a ReFill for Europa (80s sounds, many bread and butter super useful patches) wanted to have it ready before Christmas but I am a perfectionist. Should be ready in January. I love Europa. It is a mind blowing synth.
Will it work in reason intro

esselfortium

23 Dec 2018

Europa Relay is a really lush set of sounds, Iโ€™ve gotten a lot of use out of it.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

23 Dec 2018

sleep1979 wrote: โ†‘
23 Dec 2018
also why didnt they give it a big name like loki or odin or ragnor , europa is a lame name , theres a big shipping company called europa with long lorries with the name on , and thats what i think of when i see it thor is bad ass name europa aint , still a great synth though innit ๐Ÿ˜œ
It's Greek mythology, man - as in "Europa (consort of Zeus)". It was popular for some synth manufacturers to give old Greek/Roman deity names to their wares back in the day (Roland's Juno, Jupiter; Alesis Andromeda;). Props carried on the tradition with Scandinavian mythology in Thor. That said, judging by the planetary/moon icon to the left of Europa, I'm guessing they named it after the moon first (which is obviously named after the classic mythology deity).

Europa goes right in line, and sounds pretty bad ass IMHO. And yeah, Odin, Ragnar, or Loki would be cool - maybe they'll tap those for a future project. :puf_smile:
Last edited by EnochLight on 23 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | ย Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

23 Dec 2018

esselfortium wrote: โ†‘
23 Dec 2018
Europa Relay is a really lush set of sounds, Iโ€™ve gotten a lot of use out of it.
Can you confirm - does it have 50 patches, or 150? Because someone can't math on the Shop Page: :shock: :? :lol:

https://shop.propellerheads.com/product/europa-relay/

derpa.jpg
derpa.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | ย Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sleep1979

23 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote: โ†‘
23 Dec 2018
23 Dec 2018
also why didnt they give it a big name like loki or odin or ragnor , europa is a lame name , theres a big shipping company called europa with long lorries with the name on , and thats what i think of when i see it thor is bad ass name europa aint , still a great synth though innit ๐Ÿ˜œ
It's Greek mythology, man - as in "Europa (consort of Zeus)". It was popular for some synth manufacturers to give old Greek/Roman deity names to their wares back in the day (Roland's Juno, Jupiter; Alesis Andromeda;). Props carried on the tradition with Scandinavian mythology in Thor. That said, judging by the planetary/moon icon to the left of Europa, I'm guessing they named it after the moon first (which is obviously named after the classic mythology deity).

Europa goes right in line, and sounds pretty bad ass IMHO. And yeah, Odin, Ragnar, or Loki would be cool - maybe they'll tap those for a future project. :puf_smile:
Europa sounds like a supermarket , and that logistics company is everywhere they even sell toy trucks , http://www.europa-worldwide.com

That said it is a good synth , but the name should be something in scandinavion history like thor , that would have been cool , and cool names sell things , bitwig for a daw cant get over that still what a rubbish name , hopefully more sounds come out and people love this synth , because ill make it one of my main ones coz it sounds nice and i will hve to try that relay refill ๐Ÿ™‚

EnochLight

23 Dec 2018

23 Dec 2018
Europa sounds like a supermarket , and that logistics company is everywhere they even sell toy trucks , http://www.europa-worldwide.com

That said it is a good synth , but the name should be something in scandinavion history like thor , that would have been cool , and cool names sell things , bitwig for a daw cant get over that still what a rubbish name , hopefully more sounds come out and people love this synth , because ill make it one of my main ones coz it sounds nice and i will hve to try that relay refill ๐Ÿ™‚
Must be a regional thing, because from where I'm at - Europa sounds pretty awesome as a product name, IMHO. ;)

And don't worry - people do love this synth. It's one of the best parts of Reason 10 IMHO (aside from Grain), and even the VST version of Europa made quite the positive buzz (judging from the reviews and recognition Propellerhead got from MusicTech/Future Music):

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-14- ... -right-now

Marco Raaphorst

24 Dec 2018

23 Dec 2018
23 Dec 2018
If Europa can run in Intro it simply should work. Need to check that though. (good question)

Oquasec

24 Dec 2018

I guess they could have just called it Gold Pillar or something but hey it's a good wavetable synth that has 3 wavetable engines on it.
Not talkin oscillators man lol full engines running in parallel.
Last edited by Oquasec on 24 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Marco Raaphorst

24 Dec 2018

Europa is doing great: https://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7272929/ ... -good-news

So therefore it's a great name for a great synth.

sleep1979

24 Dec 2018

24 Dec 2018
23 Dec 2018

If Europa can run in Intro it simply should work. Need to check that though. (good question)
Its down to the extra plug ins that you might have put in the combinators , that has annoyed me where i buy rack extensions and some of the patches dont load coz of the missing plug ins

sleep1979

24 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote: โ†‘
23 Dec 2018
23 Dec 2018

Must be a regional thing, because from where I'm at - Europa sounds pretty awesome as a product name, IMHO. ;)

And don't worry - people do love this synth. It's one of the best parts of Reason 10 IMHO (aside from Grain), and even the VST version of Europa made quite the positive buzz (judging from the reviews and recognition Propellerhead got from MusicTech/Future Music):

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-14- ... -right-now
. I guess it just reminds me of that company lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ where u from m8 !?

Marco Raaphorst

24 Dec 2018

24 Dec 2018
24 Dec 2018

Its down to the extra plug ins that you might have put in the combinators , that has annoyed me where i buy rack extensions and some of the patches dont load coz of the missing plug ins
I am not using the Combinator only Europa.

sleep1979

24 Dec 2018

24 Dec 2018
24 Dec 2018

It should work then

Marco Raaphorst

24 Dec 2018

24 Dec 2018
24 Dec 2018

It should work then
thanks! cool.

sleep1979

09 Jan 2019

24 Dec 2018
24 Dec 2018

It should work then
thanks! cool.
when they coming out ?

Marco Raaphorst

10 Jan 2019

09 Jan 2019
24 Dec 2018

thanks! cool.
when they coming out ?
I am trying to have it all finished at the end of this month.

• Information