Missing VST Sounds

Discuss VST stuff here!
emyrevans

04 Nov 2018

I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I'm damned if I can find it. I've suddenly lost all my sounds from VST plugins. Arturia and Native Instruments VST instruments are showing, but each one only has its initial sound. No libraries have been moved.

Any ideas?

Ahornberg

04 Nov 2018

emyrevans wrote:
04 Nov 2018
No libraries have been moved.
I assume you have moved something ... what exactly?

emyrevans

04 Nov 2018

Thanks for taking the time to help.

The only change I've made to my setup so far is a 2nd ssd to store Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition. I've duplicated the library files, but haven't deleted the original installations from my first ssd and haven't changed any pathways, so as far as Reason is concerned the program shouldn't see any changes yet. Even if an instruction has automatically altered something, my Arturia plugins are suffering from the same problem and haven't been touched.

Cubase works as it did before and all standalones work too. Maybe a clean install of Reason would solve things?

Ahornberg

04 Nov 2018

emyrevans wrote:
04 Nov 2018
Thanks for taking the time to help.

The only change I've made to my setup so far is a 2nd ssd to store Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition. I've duplicated the library files, but haven't deleted the original installations from my first ssd and haven't changed any pathways, so as far as Reason is concerned the program shouldn't see any changes yet. Even if an instruction has automatically altered something, my Arturia plugins are suffering from the same problem and haven't been touched.

Cubase works as it did before and all standalones work too. Maybe a clean install of Reason would solve things?
Yes, I would recommend a clean installation.

boggg1

04 Nov 2018

I had a quick look where one of my Arturia items (I chose Mini V3 at randomn) seems to be saving its presets and it is here...
C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Mini V3\Third Party\Native Instruments\presets

This is Windows of course, can't help with Mac

The .nksf files here have the same names as the presets when I load Mini V3 in standalone mode. eg 3osc.nksf shows as preset 3osc. It seems logical.

Is it possible you moved this ?
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

• Information