iZotope Nectar 3 is out!

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

02 Nov 2018

I've long used the same approach in Reason when recording/mixing vocals, but this is going to be my new workflow. Looking forward to downloading this tonight:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eusti

02 Nov 2018

Watched part of the videos and have to say I'm not convinced by the reveal examples... Still think the voices collide too much in those cases.... I don't have Neutron Advanced anyways, so that doesn't matter to me...
I just installed Neutron 3 and tested it for a moment... Not sure why, but it seems to be a bit more DSP hungry (on my system) than Nectar 2... Switching resets now regularly brings my system down... So, I have to stop the playback and restart it, then I'm usually fine...
The RX 7 Breath Control plugin seems to work a little better than the previous one... Controls look the same, but I seem to get less of the artefacts I was getting before...
The assistant is cool. Set my voice up nicely... After that I only had to make creative decisions as to how much to drench my vocals with reverb and delay... ;)
As I'm on a mac the Celemony 4 assistant doesn't work in Reason at the moment as it is a VST3 plugin...
But I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out at the moment... ;)

D.

EnochLight

02 Nov 2018

@Selig - I have used Leveller (and loved it) for years, but I think I might stick with this going forward if it works like I think it will:

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/produc ... veler.html

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

04 Nov 2018

Kalm

04 Nov 2018

I'ma download this demo and see how it is. I might be able to replace somethings in certain channels of my mixes.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

EnochLight

04 Nov 2018

Kalm wrote:
04 Nov 2018
I'ma download this demo and see how it is. I might be able to replace somethings in certain channels of my mixes.
I hear ya. I most certainly will still use some of my old workflow tricks in Reason, but Nectar 3 really has cut my production time down without sacrificing quality, and that makes it priceless (to me).

miscend

05 Nov 2018

This doesn’t look too different to Neutron.

jayhosking

05 Nov 2018

Does nobody else hear how awful that voiceover sounds in the first video posted?

jayhosking

05 Nov 2018

Also, is Izotope stuff always on sale, or am I happening to look at their website during a sale? $599 actually doesn't seem terrible for Ozone, Nectar, RX 7, Neutron, and the other two I'll probably never use. I've been looking for something to remove breaths and to mellow out the room reverb during podcasts.

EnochLight

05 Nov 2018

jayhosking wrote:
05 Nov 2018
Also, is Izotope stuff always on sale, or am I happening to look at their website during a sale? $599 actually doesn't seem terrible for Ozone, Nectar, RX 7, Neutron, and the other two I'll probably never use. I've been looking for something to remove breaths and to mellow out the room reverb during podcasts.
If you consider that $599 USD / 4 (main plugins) = an average cost of $149 USD per plugin suite (Ozone 8 Advanced; Neutron 2 Advanced; Nectar 3; and RX7) then it's a great deal - if you don't own any of those products. But iZotope frequently does sales - especially around Black Friday (they're an American company), so it might be worth sticking it out to see if they do any other reductions in a few weeks.

I'll add that, the bundle also includes Insight 2 - which is an absolutely brilliant piece of metering - which makes the deal even better.

Full disclosure: these plugins can/will bring Reason to its knees in its current form. So unless you have a beefy computer, be prepared to be frustrated until Props releases the legendary VST-performance fix at some point in the future.... You can use my 3770K as a baseline. If you've got something slower than that... then... :( :o :shock: :?

jayhosking

05 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 Nov 2018

If you consider that $599 USD / 4 (main plugins) = an average cost of $149 USD per plugin suite (Ozone 8 Advanced; Neutron 2 Advanced; Nectar 3; and RX7) then it's a great deal - if you don't own any of those products. But iZotope frequently does sales - especially around Black Friday (they're an American company), so it might be worth sticking it out to see if they do any other reductions in a few weeks.

I'll add that, the bundle also includes Insight 2 - which is an absolutely brilliant piece of metering - which makes the deal even better.

Full disclosure: these plugins can/will bring Reason to its knees in its current form. So unless you have a beefy computer, be prepared to be frustrated until Props releases the legendary VST-performance fix at some point in the future.... You can use my 3770K as a baseline. If you've got something slower than that... then... :( :o :shock: :?
All important points to know! There’s no value in getting a plug-in that won’t even run. Plus, when looking through the options, it appears the dialogue de-reverb is only available on the upgraded RX-7. This is all more a curiosity than anything, seeing if Ozone could help me produce better masters, if those tools could help me with podcasts, etc. So I’m not in a terrible rush. I’ll hold off and see if there’s a Black Friday sale.

Thanks for the info!

Kalm

05 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
04 Nov 2018
Kalm wrote:
04 Nov 2018
I hear ya. I most certainly will still use some of my old workflow tricks in Reason, but Nectar 3 really has cut my production time down without sacrificing quality, and that makes it priceless (to me).
First impression of Nectar 3 is impressive. I was always on the fence about 2 but 3 is hitting me in the guts. I mainly want it for that Deesser *insert salivating emoji here*. I've been looking for an upgrade from the Waves Deesser that's smoother. I take it they implemented their Spectral tech in the Deesser? It sounds awfully transparent even on harsh sibilances. 24 bands of EQ is over overkill IMO.

The dimension and and Reverb are nice touches though not as important. I think the reverb could be better (Give us an EMT plate emu or something on the level of Soundtoys Little Plate). The built-in correction is basically an added bonus for me since I'm never buying Auto-Tune probably.

Harmony and Saturation completely adds to the value. It even shows which harmonics and frequencies the process is affecting and its not overdone. The compressor is pretty nifty. . . Threshold adjustments with the Fabfilter feel and nice waveform display.

For $200 its worth its money. Its almost a DAW suite of processors at your hands. For anybody who simply sings and raps, this is all they ever need to mix with. No hits on DSP in Studio One. I'll probably be snagging this on Black Friday. If you own a bundle or a ton of plugins I can see where you wouldn't grab this but since I need this Deesser and I can switch out my dialogue process for my tutorial videos with this one plugin, my credit card might feel something soon.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

EnochLight

05 Nov 2018

Kalm wrote:
05 Nov 2018
First impression of Nectar 3 is impressive. I was always on the fence about 2 but 3 is hitting me in the guts. I mainly want it for that Deesser *insert salivating emoji here*. I've been looking for an upgrade from the Waves Deesser that's smoother. I take it they implemented their Spectral tech in the Deesser? It sounds awfully transparent even on harsh sibilances. 24 bands of EQ is over overkill IMO.

The dimension and and Reverb are nice touches though not as important. I think the reverb could be better (Give us an EMT plate emu or something on the level of Soundtoys Little Plate). The built-in correction is basically an added bonus for me since I'm never buying Auto-Tune probably.

Harmony and Saturation completely adds to the value. It even shows which harmonics and frequencies the process is affecting and its not overdone. The compressor is pretty nifty. . . Threshold adjustments with the Fabfilter feel and nice waveform display.

For $200 its worth its money. Its almost a DAW suite of processors at your hands. For anybody who simply sings and raps, this is all they ever need to mix with. No hits on DSP in Studio One. I'll probably be snagging this on Black Friday. If you own a bundle or a ton of plugins I can see where you wouldn't grab this but since I need this Deesser and I can switch out my dialogue process for my tutorial videos with this one plugin, my credit card might feel something soon.
I agree 100%. The De-esser and Comps are worth the price alone, IMHO, and the EQ's ability to be dynamic as well as the Assistant and Unmask sealed the deal. I won't use the reverb, as I have plenty in Reason that I prefer over it.

• Information