Waves TG Mastering Chain (And how to get it for $14)

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2018

https://www.waves.com/plugins/abbey-roa ... ring-chain

abbey-road-tg-mastering-chain.jpg
abbey-road-tg-mastering-chain.jpg (77.23 KiB) Viewed 5710 times

First of all, this sounds fantastic. The GUI is a bit small, but the sound is HUGE.

As owner of the Abbey Roads Collection, I find it odd that I have to update to the "Abbey Roads Collection" in order to get this. WTF. But here's how to get it for $14 - and sorry but this applies only to those who own the entire Abbey Roads Collection.

So as owner of the ARC, the normal into price ($39) drops to $29. To get it to $14, I used a voucher I got from doing the Soundgrid test a while ago, but it looks like it's still up: https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-101

So complete the test, and then upgrade your Abbey Roads Collection to the "new" Abbey Roads Collection :| and in the cart, apply your Soundgrid test voucher. Price drops to $14.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

pothole

24 Oct 2018

i'm very proud of possessing my soundgrid certificate now

joeyluck

24 Oct 2018

Thanks for the heads up. I was trialing this and it does sound great. I also have the Abbey Road Collection. I was in touch with Waves because I wasn't sure how to upgrade...the process is a bit odd (having to select to upgrade every plugin individually for it to activate).

But I also found out that the upgrade cost covers the update plan for a year (which I find to be more of the WTF moment; having to pay for maintenance updates...) But at least you get that as well with it.

Although, I believe if one waits to upgrade after more plugins are added, you might pay the same price (as it's the cost to upgrade vs. the cost of the new plugin). I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

But at $14, easier decision to not wait. Will try it out. Thanks!

joeyluck

25 Oct 2018

So I did the test and then before I applied my coupon code, the total to upgrade was showing $17 and some change and then with the coupon it was $8.82. I guess there might some other specials going on now?

So for others who are eligible to upgrade, who are also interested in other plugins to use the coupon for (which is good for up to $50) might be worth a look to get the Abbey Road upgrade for $17 and grab something else... This is good enough for me though :puf_smile: Thanks again for the heads up!

dvdrtldg

25 Oct 2018

For those who don't have all the Abbey Road plugins, everyplugin.com has it cheap, there's a discount code YNY23 that brings it down to about $23

And yeah it's a fantastic piece of kit

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
25 Oct 2018
For those who don't have all the Abbey Road plugins, everyplugin.com has it cheap, there's a discount code YNY23 that brings it down to about $23

I tried it and it only reduced it to $30.90 :'(

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2018

I just don't understand why the TG plugin wasn't included for free for AR Bundle owners cuz that's how it usually works with Waves' bundles. If a new plugin gets added to a bundle, and you own that bundle, that plugin is now yours too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

25 Oct 2018

hurricane wrote:
25 Oct 2018
I just don't understand why the TG plugin wasn't included for free for AR Bundle owners cuz that's how it usually works with Waves' bundles. If a new plugin gets added to a bundle, and you own that bundle, that plugin is now yours too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it has to do with the licensing with Abbey Road...

Here is the response I got from Waves support:
Hi Joey,

Thank you for your email.

Waves Abbey Road Collection registers as single plugins in your account. This is normal due to our agreement with Abbey Road Studios. When additional Waves Abbey Road plugins are added to the line, you will have the option to add them at a special introductory price of only $29.

As you bought it in July you could not have received this new plugin as it was just released two days ago.

You can upgrade to the current Abbey Road Collection. This will not only add the new Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain, but one year of Waves Update Plan for all your Abbey Road plugins (from the date of the upgrade).
When I asked if the upgrade is per plugin or if it's $29 to upgrade the bundle at any time with any amount of new plugins, I got this response:
Hi Joey,

I’m honestly not sure. This time it’s $29. Next time we release a new Abbey Road plugin it will be $39.

Keep in mind there usually will be some promotional offer, like this $29 offer for clients who own all the AR plugins who came before it.
That didn't answer my question. They said they weren't sure and then I think they are talking about the price of the individual plugin again...

I guess if there's someone out there who has the Abbey Road Collection who doesn't yet have Chambers (the last plugin released) or the TG Mastering plugin, I'd be curious to know what their upgrade cost is...

Ahornberg

26 Oct 2018

How does this compare to the Waves TG12345?

dvdrtldg

27 Oct 2018

avasopht wrote:
25 Oct 2018
dvdrtldg wrote:
25 Oct 2018

I tried it and it only reduced it to $30.90 :'(
Oh well. If it makes you feel any better, I paid in Australian dollars so it probably really ended up costing me around a thousand bucks

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2023

Mattvank wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Which RE is an alternative?
With the Combinator 2, you can replicate this mastering chain with a few stock Reason devices, a couple of spider instances and a pair of jumper cables ;)

dvdrtldg

22 Nov 2023

avasopht wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Mattvank wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Which RE is an alternative?
With the Combinator 2, you can replicate this mastering chain with a few stock Reason devices, a couple of spider instances and a pair of jumper cables ;)
You'd have to know what you were doing... the tape EQ and the compressor are very distinctive, the signal chain can be click & drag rerouted, and every module offers dual mono & mid/side processing

• Information