[Bug?] u-He Runciter missing from plugin list

Discuss VST stuff here!
botnotbot

15 Oct 2018

All of the other members of the Uhbik family still appear.

I believe this happened at the time that I demoed the Runciter RE but didn't purchase it. Since then Runciter is missing from the browser and the plugin management window. I've re-installed multiple times, created multiple copies of Runciter.vst hoping to trigger it going visible in a re-scan, all to no avail.

I think they have a bug in their blacklisting of demo plugin routines.

I've contacted Props support and they are acting like it's an issue with the plugin. Has this happened to anyone else?

Or can someone else confirm Runciter is working fine for them?

Thanks in advance.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

botnotbot wrote:
15 Oct 2018

I believe this happened at the time that I demoed the Runciter RE but didn't purchase it. Since then Runciter is missing from the browser and the plugin management window. I've re-installed multiple times, created multiple copies of Runciter.vst hoping to trigger it going visible in a re-scan, all to no avail.

I've contacted Props support and they are acting like it's an issue with the plugin. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.
Ive got both RE and VST. I’ll look when I get home and get back to you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

botnotbot

15 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
15 Oct 2018
botnotbot wrote:
15 Oct 2018

Thanks in advance.
Ive got both RE and VST. I’ll look when I get home and get back to you.
Thanks MrFigg! I've been somehow coping with missing my favorite filter thanks to all the great REs out there, but I've reached my limit. I need that buttery smooth nastiness that only Runciter can provide!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

I’m thinking it shouldn’t make any difference that you downloaded the RE as they are two completely different things. In the meantime look in your VST folder and check the Runciter .dll file is there. Then go in on Manage Plug-ins in Reason and check that the Runciter VST isn’t disabled.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

Yeah. Just checked and it's all there man. I'm putting my money on that you've got the VST disabled.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2018

...So? How did it go?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

botnotbot

17 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
16 Oct 2018
...So? How did it go?
Hey, so it is definitely not an issue with the plugin file being present. I have multiple copies of the plugin in my the VST search path at this point, as I said I was trying to get it to pick it up that way.

I've responded back to PH support.

The issue is likely quite simple. The RE blacklisting is masking the VST scan. Should be a simple bug if I can just get them to acknowledge it enough to talk to a dev about it.

botnotbot

17 Oct 2018

And thanks for checking! For some reason your responses did not show up in the notifications and somehow I missed that the thread had been bumped.

I really appreciate your help here.

• Information