Komplete worth it if I only really want Kontakt?

Discuss VST stuff here!
aegisninja

14 Oct 2018

It's pretty much all in the title there. Out of the standard edition of Komplete, the only thing I find myself REALLY wanting is the full version of Kontakt, simply because there are so many awesome libraries out there that require it. That said, a lot of the orchestral stuff in Ultimate definitely does appeal to me, though it is out of my price range at the moment. Problem is, Kontakt by itself is only a little bit cheaper than Komplete.

AzureEyes

14 Oct 2018

aegisninja wrote:It's pretty much all in the title there. Out of the standard edition of Komplete, the only thing I find myself REALLY wanting is the full version of Kontakt, simply because there are so many awesome libraries out there that require it. That said, a lot of the orchestral stuff in Ultimate definitely does appeal to me, though it is out of my price range at the moment. Problem is, Kontakt by itself is only a little bit cheaper than Komplete.
Get Komplete you'll get a better deal and plus some other toys and libraries too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

esselfortium

14 Oct 2018

If you only want Kontakt, there's a pretty good crossgrade deal you can do. If you don't already own any Kontakt Player libraries, there's a free-download Sennheiser library called "Drummic.a" that is for some reason also eligible for a crossgrade price to Kontakt. Once or twice a year, Native Instruments runs a sale and that crossgrade is generally included in it, so you'll get a further discount. I was able to get Kontakt 5 for $129 that way.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

QVprod

14 Oct 2018

Get Komplete Standard. For the little extra money you get some decent Kontakt libraries. I was in the same dilemma a few years back. Wasn't interested in much of the other plugins but I get use out of Battery and Reaktor. Massive X looks like it might be worth having as well.

joeyluck

14 Oct 2018

Yeah they clearly price it in a way to try to get you to pay more and get Komplete. And it seems you can't buy Kontakt anywhere but direct from NI. I'm keeping an eye out for the deal esselfortium is talking about.

I still have a hard time understanding the Kontakt arrangement. You would think the Player version could play any library and the full version would specifically be for those looking to build or further edit libraries.

But apparently it all comes down to licensing... And I guess developers give up a little something more to have a library be compatible with the Player version (meaning it can get into the hands of more people).

So for $399 it's always going to be a no for me. Because I'm in the boat of just wanting to use it for playing libraries. It's quite a cost to pay up front before paying for some of the libraries I want that also cost quite a bit of money. And I don't need anything else in Komplete.

I'll see what happens around Black Friday!

Lizard

15 Oct 2018

Honestly if you just want Kontakt is sensible for the fact that you get about 6 additional libraries as well. The brass section, strings and Studio drums are excellent. I use studio drummer on everything. It sounds great. Version 12 even has more.

Oquasec

15 Oct 2018

Dunno man I'd prolly just Get kontakt by itself and leave all that other crap in the bin.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

groggy1

15 Oct 2018

Oquasec wrote:
15 Oct 2018
Dunno man I'd prolly just Get kontakt by itself and leave all that other crap in the bin.
+1

I found that it’s cheaper (I think) to just keep up with reaktor and fm8, the two individual products I want.

I’m feel overwhelmed with komplete, so I try to avoid getting it. Stopped getting it about 2 years ago.

aegisninja

15 Oct 2018

Think I'm just going to wait and see what happens on Black Friday. If there's a good deal on Komplete, I'll grab it, if not I'll just snag Kontakt.

• Information