iZotope Vocal Doubler - FREE

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

06 Oct 2018

I of course picked it up, but haven't had a chance to try it out.

I recently got the Waves Abbey Road bundle, which includes Reel ADT, and has become my goto for doubling. Works incredibly well and is quite unique to other options. But this offering from iZotope could prove to be useful and worth checking out.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ubler.html

Ahornberg

06 Oct 2018

hmmm ... pretty similar to the also free Multiply by Acon Digital
https://acondigital.com/products/multiply/

WongoTheSane

06 Oct 2018

Super interesting, and quite impressively done, thanks for the link!

Heigen5

07 Oct 2018

Downloaded these both, thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Yonatan

12 Oct 2018

How long is this one availablefor for free? (on my Phone now)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

As always, very wary of installers. What happens with this one? Crap all over the place or? Thanks if you can tell me :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018
As always, very wary of installers. What happens with this one? Crap all over the place or? Thanks if you can tell me :).
I don't mind the iZotope installer... But then again I own several of their products so it is useful to me for keeping things up to date and downloading new stuff.

About this product in particular:

Haven't tried this one, can it do anything nectar 2 can't? I got it anyway, just haven't gotten around using it (not a lot of singing in this house :lol: )

Wickline

13 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018
I don't mind the iZotope installer... But then again I own several of their products so it is useful to me for keeping things up to date and downloading new stuff.

About this product in particular:

Haven't tried this one, can it do anything nectar 2 can't? I got it anyway, just haven't gotten around using it (not a lot of singing in this house :lol: )
For basic doubling this is a nice simple vst. Neptune does have a lot more options for panning and tuning the doubles though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

moneykube

17 Oct 2018

got it thabx
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Marco Raaphorst

17 Oct 2018

What I am hearing is a small delay (0-12 mseconds) and the delay time slowly being changed. You can easily build this kind of effect using a delay and an LFO.

Loque

17 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
17 Oct 2018
What I am hearing is a small delay (0-12 mseconds) and the delay time slowly being changed. You can easily build this kind of effect using a delay and an LFO.
Did not checked the Vocal double, but you need a delay which can handle very short latencies and does not "pitch" the sound when modulating.
Reason12, Win10

adfielding

17 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Huh, that's kind of a shame - I'd have expected something a bit more complex from Izotope, but then again it is a free effect so I guess that's to be expected. Haven't tried it yet, myself.

Wickline

17 Oct 2018

adfielding wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Huh, that's kind of a shame - I'd have expected something a bit more complex from Izotope, but then again it is a free effect so I guess that's to be expected. Haven't tried it yet, myself.
It’s simple and quick. Serves a purpose in its area but Nectar is still where it’s at for depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Marco Raaphorst

17 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Did not checked the Vocal double, but you need a delay which can handle very short latencies and does not "pitch" the sound when modulating.
All delays will modulate when you shift the delay times. But that's fine, that's the thing you want here. You can use the simple delay of Reason for this.

Loque

17 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
17 Oct 2018

All delays will modulate when you shift the delay times. But that's fine, that's the thing you want here. You can use the simple delay of Reason for this.
Well, i checked the Vocal doubler and yea, it just doubles the sound on one side and puts in some modulation of the delay and pitch. Its ok to have to give a mono some stereo space, nothing uber fancy.

And i tried also a delay with some modulation. I guess it can be tweaked the same way, but i just gambled a bit around. Nothing fancy, but does a similar job.
Attachments
modulating short delay.zip
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

17 Oct 2018

Curious what you all think of the Abbey Road Reel ADT by Waves. I've been using it and really like it. Similar concept I suppose as alternative solutions described. But it seems to do it so well and works for me :puf_smile:

Very interesting story behind it with Ken Townsend, the inventor of artificial double tracking

Marco Raaphorst

17 Oct 2018

IDT might be great for creating really interesting doublers with some added intelligence by programming using a script. you can randomize both channels using a delay but use a script to make it not possible that both channels are delayed a few ms apart, resulting in nasty phasing.

TimT66

08 Apr 2021

I used this quite happily for a couple of months but it's become unusable of late. Chews through 12% CPU and makes everything else unresponsive too.

Seriously thinking of getting rid; any tips before I do, or suggestions for alternatives please?
Ta

joeyluck

08 Apr 2021

TimT66 wrote:
08 Apr 2021
I used this quite happily for a couple of months but it's become unusable of late. Chews through 12% CPU and makes everything else unresponsive too.

Seriously thinking of getting rid; any tips before I do, or suggestions for alternatives please?
Ta
As mentioned here, there is the Waves Reel ADT, which is currently on sale for $35 (most Waves plugins are indefinitely on sale). This is my go to. https://www.waves.com/plugins/reel-adt

There is also the Double Tracking Effect RE by Bcase for $59
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ng-effect/

mcatalao
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2021

This is part of vocal synth right?

IF so i guess i don't need this, but thanks for the heads up!

• Information