Emulation II

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 30 Sep 2018

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone got UVI Emulation II VST?

I want to know if it has a sample library I'm looking for. Originally it was Disk 22 (I think) called Windchimes, Birds & Streams (Loon Garden) Sample Library.

Doesn't show it from the video I've seen of the VST and I can't demo the VST to find out.

Thanks!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 01 Oct 2018

I have it as part of Vintage Vault 2. I don't think they have specific disks listed as part of the library, rather this is a re-imagining of the original Instrument (like most UVI recreations) vs. a one-2-one copy of the original. They might have those samples in there somewhere, but not sure what you are specifically looking for. I can dig through the patches later on to see what is there. The preset list is included in the manual here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/SC14-Emula ... manual.pdf

You might take a look and see if anything looks familiar.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 01 Oct 2018

Despondo wrote:
01 Oct 2018
I have it as part of Vintage Vault 2. I don't think they have specific disks listed as part of the library, rather this is a re-imagining of the original Instrument (like most UVI recreations) vs. a one-2-one copy of the original. They might have those samples in there somewhere, but not sure what you are specifically looking for. I can dig through the patches later on to see what is there. The preset list is included in the manual here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/SC14-Emula ... manual.pdf

You might take a look and see if anything looks familiar.
Well the Loon Garden Sample set. The sounds seen / heard here at 5 mins 23.....

:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 02 Oct 2018

Okay, I think they have what you are looking for. There is a patch called 'Zen Garden' that has the following sounds (my names, not theirs) starting from the bottom octaves:
  • Water Flowing
  • Voices
  • Wind Chimes
  • shakuhachi
  • loon call

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 09 Nov 2018

Despondo wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Okay, I think they have what you are looking for. There is a patch called 'Zen Garden' that has the following sounds (my names, not theirs) starting from the bottom octaves:
  • Water Flowing
  • Voices
  • Wind Chimes
  • shakuhachi
  • loon call
Sorry only just seen this reply. It came back to me today to see where it's at.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like it has exactly what I want. Gotta purchase this as soon as my finances prevail.

What's Voices and Shakuhachi (Is the last one the chinesey panpipey sounding sound in the clip above?).

Also, dunno if you can tell me if the whale sound found in some trance and rave tracks is on the Emulation II? I'll have to find an example but it'll be hard as I can only hear the sound in my head and can't think the track / s it's from so bear with me.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1075
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 09 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Also, dunno if you can tell me if the whale sound found in some trance and rave tracks is on the Emulation II? I'll have to find an example but it'll be hard as I can only hear the sound in my head and can't think the track / s it's from so bear with me.
Are you by chance thinking of this whale call?

(at 4:00)

from 1999 - DJ Hitch Hiker Pres. Lunatic Asylum – Meltdown 2000 (DJ Taucher Remix)
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 09 Nov 2018

jam-s wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Also, dunno if you can tell me if the whale sound found in some trance and rave tracks is on the Emulation II? I'll have to find an example but it'll be hard as I can only hear the sound in my head and can't think the track / s it's from so bear with me.
Are you by chance thinking of this whale call?

(at 4:00)

from 1999 - DJ Hitch Hiker Pres. Lunatic Asylum – Meltdown 2000 (DJ Taucher Remix)
Could be yeah.

It's here:-



It sounds like something that'd be on that Emulator II sampler. Does anyone know where that whale sound is from?

EDIT - that one in your track actually sounds like a synth note with pitch bend that just sounds extremely similar.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1075
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 09 Nov 2018

The sound might have been sampled from this record:



https://www.discogs.com/Humpback-Whale- ... ase/516885

(It's old enough and techno artists use(d) all kind of sampled (and then edited) sounds for their releases.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 10 Nov 2018

jam-s wrote:
09 Nov 2018
The sound might have been sampled from this record:



https://www.discogs.com/Humpback-Whale- ... ase/516885

(It's old enough and techno artists use(d) all kind of sampled (and then edited) sounds for their releases.
Does sound similar and not saying you're wrong but what makes you think that? when was it released? can't see a date?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 10 Nov 2018

Despondo wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Okay, I think they have what you are looking for. There is a patch called 'Zen Garden' that has the following sounds (my names, not theirs) starting from the bottom octaves:
  • Water Flowing
  • Voices
  • Wind Chimes
  • shakuhachi
  • loon call
Can I ask a favour. Would you play all the sounds in the Zen Garden patch and share it here in a video or SoundCloud clip please?

I so wish UVI would let you demo their VST's but apparently not that I can see. I am right aren't I?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 10 Nov 2018

I don't know why I didn't look at the track listing on that mix.....

:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1075
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 10 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
10 Nov 2018

Does sound similar and not saying you're wrong but what makes you think that? when was it released? can't see a date?
Follow the discogs link to see the release dates (first release in 1970 and re-released in the late 70s/early 80s and then in the early 90s (on CD)). To me it sounds very close to the sound in that track (just not as high pitched).
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 10 Nov 2018

jam-s wrote:
10 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
10 Nov 2018

Does sound similar and not saying you're wrong but what makes you think that? when was it released? can't see a date?
Follow the discogs link to see the release dates (first release in 1970 and re-released in the late 70s/early 80s and then in the early 90s (on CD)). To me it sounds very close to the sound in that track (just not as high pitched).
Where on that Humpback Whale clip is the exact sample?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 11 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
10 Nov 2018

Can I ask a favour. Would you play all the sounds in the Zen Garden patch and share it here in a video or SoundCloud clip please?

I so wish UVI would let you demo their VST's but apparently not that I can see. I am right aren't I?
I'll put something together...

Here you go:

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 12 Nov 2018

Despondo wrote:
11 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
10 Nov 2018

Can I ask a favour. Would you play all the sounds in the Zen Garden patch and share it here in a video or SoundCloud clip please?

I so wish UVI would let you demo their VST's but apparently not that I can see. I am right aren't I?
I'll put something together...

Here you go:
That's brilliant. Will definitely have to purchase this very soon. There was a phasing type effect on the water sample at the beginning of that clip though. Was an effect accidentally switched on. The bitcrush effect looks like it's activated down the bottom there?

Thanks a lot!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 12 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2018
There was a phasing type effect on the water sample at the beginning of that clip though. Was an effect accidentally switched on. The bitcrush effect looks like it's activated down the bottom there?
This is the patch as directly loaded from their library. Only thing I did was play it. You probably have some control over the way it sounds, but I never had the original library or sampler, so I cannot comment further. ;-)

User avatar
Italophile
Posts: 57
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 14 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2018
Will definitely have to purchase this very soon.
There's no need to buy it. The E-mu libraries for the Emulator and Emax are freely available online.

See this post on VintageSynth for libraries already converted to SF2 format (compatible with NN-XT), though I don't think Loon Garden is included.

You can get the Loon Garden library, and numerous others, from Hermann Seib's archive. As these libraries are in their original format you will then need to convert them to SF2 using EMXP which is freeware sample management software for E-mu samplers.

You can also get the complete set of Emu Emax factory sample library disks from here. This requires you to obtain a password for the small price of a like on their Facebook page. These will also need converting from their original format to SF2.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 15 Nov 2018

Italophile wrote:
14 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2018
Will definitely have to purchase this very soon.
There's no need to buy it. The E-mu libraries for the Emulator and Emax are freely available online.

See this post on VintageSynth for libraries already converted to SF2 format (compatible with NN-XT), though I don't think Loon Garden is included.

You can get the Loon Garden library, and numerous others, from Hermann Seib's archive. As these libraries are in their original format you will then need to convert them to SF2 using EMXP which is freeware sample management software for E-mu samplers.

You can also get the complete set of Emu Emax factory sample library disks from here. This requires you to obtain a password for the small price of a like on their Facebook page. These will also need converting from their original format to SF2.
Will check this out tonight.

Thanks a lot.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 17 Jun 2020

Despondo wrote:
11 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
10 Nov 2018

Can I ask a favour. Would you play all the sounds in the Zen Garden patch and share it here in a video or SoundCloud clip please?

I so wish UVI would let you demo their VST's but apparently not that I can see. I am right aren't I?
I'll put something together...

Here you go:
Hi again, hope you don't mind me asking but would you tell me what sounds are in the Misc World - The Last One and Waiting Koto libraries? I'm on the verge of buying Emulation II but it's £130. Very steep. I'm looking for a particular sound.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Steedus
Posts: 374
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 18 Jun 2020

Just got an email about UVI specials, 50% off his weekend!

https://www.uvi.net/emulation-ii.html

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 18 Jun 2020

Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Hi again, hope you don't mind me asking but would you tell me what sounds are in the Misc World - The Last One and Waiting Koto libraries? I'm on the verge of buying Emulation II but it's £130. Very steep. I'm looking for a particular sound.
Let me load it up and get back to you.....One sec...

The Last One is Sitar-sounding:
Image

and the Waiting Koto has a plucked Koto on the bottom half of the keyboard with a strummed Koto on the top half:
Image

EdGrip
Posts: 1945
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 19 Jun 2020

If you just want those famous samples (loon bird, Shakuhachi flute, etc) just grab the actual original libraries from one of the sources listed above and put them in your favourite sampler (TAL Sampler is a great option if you want the full vintage experience).

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3555
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 19 Jun 2020

Despondo wrote:
18 Jun 2020
Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2020

Hi again, hope you don't mind me asking but would you tell me what sounds are in the Misc World - The Last One and Waiting Koto libraries? I'm on the verge of buying Emulation II but it's £130. Very steep. I'm looking for a particular sound.
Let me load it up and get back to you.....One sec...

The Last One is Sitar-sounding:
Image

and the Waiting Koto has a plucked Koto on the bottom half of the keyboard with a strummed Koto on the top half:
Image
Thanks for your help. I've actually bought it now, Emulation II. It's 50% off at the moment.

I know why your sounds sounded phased (or it did a bit to me) , it's when it's played at low octaves or it was on Zen Garden patch.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockus Reaper 6.12 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 584
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 19 Jun 2020

Creativemind wrote:
19 Jun 2020
I know why your sounds sounded phased (or it did a bit to me) , it's when it's played at low octaves or it was on Zen Garden patch.
It could have been my quick setup in OBS. I used that to record the video.

User avatar
robotgard
Posts: 115
Joined: 08 Sep 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

Italophile wrote:
14 Nov 2018
Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2018
Will definitely have to purchase this very soon.
There's no need to buy it. The E-mu libraries for the Emulator and Emax are freely available online.
I agree. I got Emulator I, II, and Emax libraries with VintageSynth.
These samples are there. My video with Reason 1 and NN-19:



You can use this in any sampler, and you do not have to pay for it and install third-party VSTs.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], littlejam and 1 guest