Dmitry Sches Diversion 70% off

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

27 Sep 2018

I already have Thorn and its really fat. What do you guys think about this one, its a predecessor with a good buildin wavetable editor and some cool modifiers, also seem to have same granular possiblities:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Diversion

Manual:
https://dmitrysches.com/files/download/ ... Manual.pdf
Reason12, Win10

SynthRatings

27 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2018
I already have Thorn and its really fat. What do you guys think about this one, its a predecessor with a good buildin wavetable editor and some cool modifiers, also seem to have same granular possiblities:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Diversion

Manual:
https://dmitrysches.com/files/download/ ... Manual.pdf
Underrated gem, it can also sample itself which is a cool and uncommon feature. A steal at that price :thumbs_up:
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

Loque

28 Sep 2018

I am actually trialing it...
+ you get quickly awsome sounds
+ everything works quite quick
+ i like the rm/fm, its 2->1 and 4->3 routing
+ waveeditor is nice (also has some modifiers to shape the wave)
+ arp, trance gate, 4 envelops 3 lfos, 24 slots in the matrix
+ filters and drive sound very good, each oscillator has its own filter + 2 x bus filters with amp and lofi
+ lot of stuff works polyphonic
+ up to 64 voices, 8 unison
+ 4 configurable modifiers per oscillator including a sub
o the fx are ok
o some patches are very nice, some are mehh...
o those LCD displays look fance, but also took a lot of space for just 5 (!) x/y pads and only one of them can be used in the matrix
- omg what a CPU hog...might be a Reason problem, dunno.... push in 1 oscillator, 8 voices with 4 unison and my machine is done
- the granular stuff (oscillator and fx) is not that good...probably just outdated, but can be interesting here and there
- no scalable GUI
- Does not work as an fx
- the modifiers in the wave editor should be realtime

I bought worse crap for more money. Its a good synth, the patches are a bit dated. The synth still sounds very good. Has a lot of options and features and the workflow is quite quick. For 40€? I think yea, i gonna do it...i just watch a bit the $ curse and make it at the right time.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

30 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
28 Sep 2018
...i just watch a bit the $ curse and make it at the right time.
I have no idea what that means, but congrats on your purchase!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

01 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
30 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
28 Sep 2018
...i just watch a bit the $ curse and make it at the right time.
It means he hasn't bought it yet :)

Loque

01 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
01 Oct 2018
EnochLight wrote:
30 Sep 2018

It means he hasn't bought it yet :)
Exactly :-)

Still struggling a bit with the performance...Would be interesting to hear, if this is just a Reason issue. I actually do not have any other DAW or VST host around.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

01 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Oct 2018
Still struggling a bit with the performance...Would be interesting to hear, if this is just a Reason issue. I actually do not have any other DAW or VST host around.
I remember reading on KVR that it was CPU hungry, so it's likely DAW-independant problem :(

Loque

01 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
01 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
01 Oct 2018
I remember reading on KVR that it was CPU hungry, so it's likely DAW-independant problem :(
Yea, maybe. thanks for the info. But this thing is quite old and maybe the reviews too.

But i think the unison is implemented quite inefficient and lots of parameters are polyphonic, that means a LFO is also triggered polyphonic as an example. But most of the synths today have such features and work better.

I could not find some up to date information and a "good" actual CPU about the performance info. Actually i can only cross my fingers for the VST performance update in Reason. But if this wont help...i need to think about it.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

03 Oct 2018

I did a quick test with SAVIHost and lowest possible sample buffer. The performance was kind of shocking and Reason is up to 6-7 times slower than SAVIHost in its peaks, and mostly around 2-3 times slower. So this IS a problem in Reason.

Interesting side note is, in Reason i can only go down to 64 samples and if i use this in SAVIHost, Reason performs around 50% worse than SAVIHost. In SAVIHost i can use much lower latencies which seem to speed up the overall performance. I also noticed, that Diversion uses multiple cores that may interferre with Reasons multicore.

So in the end i can play a chord in Reason which easily takes up more than 30% of overall CPU and in SAVIHost around 10%. Now i think about buying and betting on the performance update in Reason or sooner or later a new DAW, where i can use this device...hmm...
Reason12, Win10

Zac

03 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
03 Oct 2018
I did a quick test with SAVIHost and lowest possible sample buffer. The performance was kind of shocking and Reason is up to 6-7 times slower than SAVIHost in its peaks, and mostly around 2-3 times slower. So this IS a problem in Reason.

Interesting side note is, in Reason i can only go down to 64 samples and if i use this in SAVIHost, Reason performs around 50% worse than SAVIHost. In SAVIHost i can use much lower latencies which seem to speed up the overall performance. I also noticed, that Diversion uses multiple cores that may interferre with Reasons multicore.

So in the end i can play a chord in Reason which easily takes up more than 30% of overall CPU and in SAVIHost around 10%. Now i think about buying and betting on the performance update in Reason or sooner or later a new DAW, where i can use this device...hmm...
Don't take my word for it but i read on kvr that diversion 2 is in the works.

Loque

03 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Don't take my word for it but i read on kvr that diversion 2 is in the works.
Interesting... Do you have a link to the rumors?
Reason12, Win10

Zac

03 Oct 2018

The post by djermac half way down the page...

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... tart=12615

EnochLight

03 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
03 Oct 2018
So you ended up buying it? I'm on the fence. I'll probably wait until Diversion 2, as Dmitry usually launches with a sale price.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

03 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
03 Oct 2018
So you ended up buying it? I'm on the fence. I'll probably wait until Diversion 2, as Dmitry usually launches with a sale price.
The test was while demoing, but yes, now I bought it. Now I hope for a good update price if and when the update comes out. Nevertheless, 40 is a good price for such a good sound. Just the CPU usage is mehhh...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

03 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Oct 2018
The post by djermac half way down the page...

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... tart=12615
Thanks. The are defenetly going on some rumors since a year and if you believe those rumors, it will be out this year.
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=483910
Reason12, Win10

SynthRatings

04 Oct 2018

Ouch, done some more testing and I forgot how CPU hungry it can be.

I'll try to get a video up soon for my subjective opinion of Diversion, watch this thread. Hopefully before the sale ends :cool:
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:

Loque

04 Oct 2018

SynthRatings wrote:
04 Oct 2018
Ouch, done some more testing and I forgot how CPU hungry it can be.

I'll try to get a video up soon for my subjective opinion of Diversion, watch this thread. Hopefully before the sale ends :cool:
27 Sep - October 15, 2018
Reason12, Win10

SynthRatings

11 Oct 2018

So here's my video with a review of sorts about Diversion, it's not as polished as I'd like, but wanted to get it out while the sale is still on:

Loque

12 Oct 2018

SynthRatings wrote:
11 Oct 2018
So here's my video with a review of sorts about Diversion, it's not as polished as I'd like, but wanted to get it out while the sale is still on:

The review could have been a bit shorter and the sound examples a bit better, but all in all a good review. I am just not with you with the sound quality rating of 7, but thats my opinion.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

12 Oct 2018

SynthRatings wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Not bad for a first attempt, but if you’re open to constructive feedback...

1. Drop the PowerPoint slideshow format. It’s boring, and in this day and age users want to see actual video of the plugin being used showcasing features. Your review presentation felt like a corporate meeting. Jazz it up!

2. Utilize the entire screen. On 16:9 displays, your screen cap doesn’t fill the entire screen. There’s huge black bars around the entire image. When I cast this to my television in my LR over coffee, it was noticeable. On my phone, it was almost unbearably small.

If your goal is to build a YouTube channel with an audience, you’ve got some stiff competition, but it’s still achievable. Virtually all other channels that feature plugin reviews also offer additional content - usually music related. I look forward to seeing yours evolve!

Cheers

SynthRatings

13 Oct 2018

Thanks for taking the time out to provide feedback guys, much appreciated :thumbs_up:

Loque

16 Mar 2019

On sale again. Probably the last time before it will be switched to Plugin-Alliance and before the update to 2 which may come end of the year.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=4980
Reason12, Win10

• Information