Blue Cat Audio Patchwork vst allows VST3 and AU in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
ast3rix

08 Sep 2018

Hi,

I just saw this and had to post a video on it. I was installing the latest version and found out that I could add VST3 and AU plugins inside Reason without crashes or audio issues. Now I can hoard more synths... LOL!!!! I'm eyeing that Roland SH101....

Video showing that you can use this vst to add VST3 and AU plugins.
https://youtu.be/N_ueTh5YMAI

CR68

09 Sep 2018

Ist ist possible to load korg gadgets mac vst in Windows?
Thx

ast3rix

09 Sep 2018

CR68 wrote:
09 Sep 2018
Thx
In reviewing the specs you should be able to use it in Reason without using the blue cat audio vst, but it also has AU support.

AU, VST, AAX, NKS supported
(Supported 64bit plug-ins only)

East Island

09 Sep 2018

CR68 wrote:
09 Sep 2018
Thx
Sorry the Korg Gadget is only macOS.
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

wireless

09 Sep 2018

ast3rix wrote:
08 Sep 2018
Hi,
I just saw this and had to post a video on it. I was installing the latest version and found out that I could add VST3 and AU plugins inside Reason without crashes or audio issues. Now I can hoard more synths... LOL!!!! I'm eyeing that Roland SH101....
Nice one Ast3rix.

Open Letter to Propellerheads...
"Hey Props - this could be a quick win for your customer base if you were to do a deal with Bluecat Audio and absorb this rack plugin into Reason 11? I do get that you are resource-limited and cannot work on every development request in parallel, but hey, maybe you can get to a commercial arrangement at least in the short term, and if you wanted to, you could always be developing your own VST3/AU solution in the background....."

Just for info and to explain my own need, I purchased some VST3 effects that I value using in Reason - the ones I have are functional up to a point, however there are switches placed on the plugin header bar that are not accessible if used as a VST2 plugin, and this limits the functionality available - for example on the F6 Dynamic EQ where I cannot get at the side-chaining mode selector - very frustrating.

Regards

PS (11 Sept 2018) - Just noticed that this has gone on sale.... It's dropped $10 to $89.
http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=1451

DonnieAlan

11 Sep 2018

While most VSTs can be hosted directly in Reason since Reason 9.5, there are some few that have technical issues for whatever reason. Some of us experienced that with a few of the AIR plugins and VI's (ie, Structure, Transfuser, Xpand). However, I found that by first instantiating Patchwork as a VST, and then hosting the problem child VST (ie, Transfuser), all the issues seem to vanish, and it worked just fine.

Also, Patchwork is, in some ways, very much like having a second Combinator in that you can place several VI's and/or fx in it either in parallel or serial, however you wish. With the multiple assignable smart knobs, you can get all sorts of creative sound design using it.

Patchwork is, in my opinion, one of those "must have" plugins.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2018

I was hoping this would load up 32bit VSTs as well, but sadly, it does not. Still a great piece of kit! Thanks for the post!

• Information