instachord

Discuss VST stuff here!
profesormartinez

Post 07 Sep 2018

Hi, all! I just bought "Instachord" and I can't, for the life of me, make it work. It seems to have installed fine and the keys light up when I hit my keyboard. I can see the presets and so on... It seems to be working just fine. I just can't get it to make a sound! This is what the manual says:
"The details of connecting the plug-in depends on the host application you're using but basically you need to insert the Instachord VST as an instrument plug-in, and route its MIDI output to the instrument you want to play. AU version is a bit different and it can only be used in hosts like Logic Pro X that supports AU Midi effect (Processor) type."
Can anyone help? I don't see how (know how). I'll keep trying but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

aeox

Post 07 Sep 2018

Reason is unable to do this.
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

Boombastix

Post 07 Sep 2018

You need a VST "container" and put a VST instrument inside there as well. Image Line has a free one.

faethor

Post 08 Nov 2018

Hi all

I am trying to work with instachord as well but i am failing. How do I have to setup instachord in Reason?
Is it really impossible in reason?
Image Line is FL, right? So I can not use it in Reason.

Thank you for helping!

Boombastix

Post 09 Nov 2018

faethor wrote:Hi all

I am trying to work with instachord as well but i am failing. How do I have to setup instachord in Reason?

Thank you for helping!
IL has a VST host that also is a VST plugin. Put your chord player in the host together with a VST instrument. You'll get audio out, but not Midi. The host is free.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lempface

Post 11 Nov 2018

Boombastix wrote:
09 Nov 2018
faethor wrote:Hi all

Thank you for helping!
IL has a VST host that also is a VST plugin. Put your chord player in the host together with a VST instrument. You'll get audio out, but not Midi. The host is free.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Let me know if this works for you, Minihost crashes in Reason constantly for me.

olive6741

Post 11 Nov 2018

Slightly OT. I don't know Instachord, but I think Scaler by Pluginboutique is very good. And it works ok with Reason, as there are built-in sound in it, so you can preview your chords! (no hassle even if it is mainly a midi plugin). Then you simply drag-and-drop chords on Reason sequencer lane. Easy !
I like Scaler very much.

MDTerps2015

Post 02 Dec 2018

I bought BlueCat Patchwork which cost about 100 dollars. It comes with a ton of effects but all you do is put instachord in the first vst insert and whatever you are triggering in the the second vst insert. Click on the name instaschord in the insert block and go to midi out. Connect midi out to port A. Whatever synth you drop in the second slot click on it and go down to midi input. Connect midi input to port A channel 1. There you go. If you go to the top and click in the preset browser and go to save as, you can save that combi. I have instascale, instachord and scaler connected to everyone of my vst synths and saved. I just load up patchwork and click the preset bar and load whatever I want.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

• Information