Komplete Control or Akai VIP 3?

Discuss VST stuff here!
ast3rix

04 Sep 2018

Hi,

I am researching both tools as I am in need of a way to refine my sound libraries. I admit that I went a bit nuts once I found out that I had access to vst2 in reason 9.5. I really need a way to search for sounds as well as create my own database if necessary of all my refills and RE sounds. Has anyone gone this route?

Yes, I realize that both only work with vst's after a quick review. Are there any other tools available on the market that will allow you to build a database of all your sounds and create categories in reason?

Ast3rix

QVprod

04 Sep 2018

The main difference between the two is VIP allows for layering sounds together with effects. Other than that the functionality looks to about the same. I believe Komplete Kontrol (software) is free though if you own a version of Komplete. I have a license for it and I've never owned any of the keyboards.

There is no Reason similar preset tool.

ast3rix

07 Sep 2018

Hum, I’m surprised that no one has tackled this issue in reason. I have a ton of refills and re’s and it really would be nice to have them setup in categories like in Akai VIP or Komplete Control. Digging through the folders looking for sounds is a pain in the butt. I hope that propellerheads does something about this issue in the future.

QVprod

07 Sep 2018

Would have to be done by Propellerhead since the refill format is a closed one.

jlgrimes

07 Sep 2018

ast3rix wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Hi,

I am researching both tools as I am in need of a way to refine my sound libraries. I admit that I went a bit nuts once I found out that I had access to vst2 in reason 9.5. I really need a way to search for sounds as well as create my own database if necessary of all my refills and RE sounds. Has anyone gone this route?

Yes, I realize that both only work with vst's after a quick review. Are there any other tools available on the market that will allow you to build a database of all your sounds and create categories in reason?

Ast3rix
Akai vip seems more customizable, but Komplete seems more elegant if you have alot of VSTs that support nks.

ast3rix

08 Sep 2018

jlgrimes wrote:
07 Sep 2018
ast3rix wrote:
04 Sep 2018
Hi,

Ast3rix
Akai vip seems more customizable, but Komplete seems more elegant if you have alot of VSTs that support nks.

I agree Komplete does feel more elegant. I'm thinking about purchasing the new S88 MK2 controller, this may be the right pairing for vst's. I will have to keep living with the chaos I have going on with my reason refills and re's.

greg.serenade

02 Oct 2018

ast3rix wrote:Hum, I’m surprised that no one has tackled this issue in reason. I have a ton of refills and re’s and it really would be nice to have them setup in categories like in Akai VIP or Komplete Control. Digging through the folders looking for sounds is a pain in the butt. I hope that propellerheads does something about this issue in the future.
Agreed, I've brought this up to PH years ago, and when I saw them team up with Akai I thought this would've been addressed but apparently it hasn't. Maybe it's still in the works. I have the Alesis Vx49 with VIP software and it works well with NI Komplete library along with a bunch of other Vsts but it's a bit frustrating how I can navigate thru everything else with it but it has no function with Reason RE or refills... #patience

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

demt

02 Oct 2018

have you tried loopcloud 3 seems to do all you ask apart from the title of this thread
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

ast3rix

03 Oct 2018

demt wrote:
02 Oct 2018
have you tried loopcloud 3 seems to do all you ask apart from the title of this thread
Does it support reason sounds? I'm really looking from something to handle both vst's and reason sounds. When I encounter problems like this it makes me want to be a software developer. I can only imagine the things I could do if I were able to design an RE that allowed you to organize your sounds by genre, sound style, and etc, then allow you to select them and put them into a separate instance in the rack. I could also see this tool allowing you to create combinators based on the choice of sounds you select.

• Information