iZotope RX 7 is coming

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

01 Sep 2018

Not sure if there's any RX 6 fans out there, but I just got the iZotope mailer announcing RX 7 "coming soon". No other info available aside from being able to re-balance musical elements in a stereo mix, change the intonation of dialog, or remove vocals from a song. That last bit has my interest peaked - I wonder if their tech will really offer a better approach (and end result) to any other method currently available? :)

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/rx-7-pre-sale.html

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

01 Sep 2018

Yeah I've got my eye on this as well just out of curiosity. I have RX6 Standard and it does the job for me for what I'm doing now...

I haven't found a need to upgrade to Advanced for its extra features, which is considerably more money.

I'm interested to see what features are added to the RX7 Standard version. But even their upgrade pricing between new versions of the same level aren't all that enticing outside of a sale, which they are on sale now... Standard is usually $199 upgrade from old versions and on sale now for $149... And of course, going between Advanced versions is quite a lot of money (normally $799 to upgrade, on sale now for $499)...yeah that's the upgrade price for Advanced which costs $1199 regular and $799 on sale. Pretty wild to find yourself in that upgrade path.

I got RX 6 Standard for 50% off and paid $199 via a Sweetwater promotion. So while getting the job done with that, the added features will have to add great value for me to feel the need to upgrade and pay practically the same price again.

EnochLight

06 Sep 2018

Huh...

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

06 Sep 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Sep 2018
Huh...

Man...today i completely miss the messages of those promo video.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

14 Sep 2018

Here's what's new:

Standard and Advanced
- Repair Assistant
- Music Rebalance
- Variable Time

Advanced Only
- Dialogue Contour
- Dialogue De-reverb
- Multichannel Support

Here's what is improved:

Standard and Advanced
- Variable Pitch
- Modular Chain

Advanced Only
- De-rustle
- Dialogue Isolate

The Repair Assistant and Music Rebalance have my attention. And I'm actually eyeing the Advanced version upgrade which is also discounted. I can't remember how much it is usually discounted around Black Friday. I might give the demo a spin. Lots more useful modules available there. But again, I've been getting what I need done with the Standard version.

PhillipOrdonez

20 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Here's what's new:

Standard and Advanced
- Repair Assistant
- Music Rebalance
- Variable Time

Advanced Only
- Dialogue Contour
- Dialogue De-reverb
- Multichannel Support

Here's what is improved:

Standard and Advanced
- Variable Pitch
- Modular Chain

Advanced Only
- De-rustle
- Dialogue Isolate

The Repair Assistant and Music Rebalance have my attention. And I'm actually eyeing the Advanced version upgrade which is also discounted. I can't remember how much it is usually discounted around Black Friday. I might give the demo a spin. Lots more useful modules available there. But again, I've been getting what I need done with the Standard version.

I am liking the advanced modules, got a good deal upgrading right before the launch. Music rebalance works really well on a lot of material, not so much in other, but definitely allows for new possibilities. The new Dialogue de-reverb truly takes the price; it is so much better than the de-reverb module. Also Dialogue isolate gives so much better results than voice de-noise.

The thing is the advanced features are more for us who do post work, while the standard version is more geared to musicians.

joeyluck

20 Sep 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Sep 2018
joeyluck wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Here's what's new:

Standard and Advanced
- Repair Assistant
- Music Rebalance
- Variable Time

Advanced Only
- Dialogue Contour
- Dialogue De-reverb
- Multichannel Support

Here's what is improved:

Standard and Advanced
- Variable Pitch
- Modular Chain

Advanced Only
- De-rustle
- Dialogue Isolate

I am liking the advanced modules, got a good deal upgrading right before the launch. Music rebalance works really well on a lot of material, not so much in other, but definitely allows for new possibilities. The new Dialogue de-reverb truly takes the price; it is so much better than the de-reverb module. Also Dialogue isolate gives so much better results than voice de-noise.

The thing is the advanced features are more for us who do post work, while the standard version is more geared to musicians.
Yeah I haven't downloaded the Advanced version. Perhaps I would be tempted to get it after trying it...

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2018

I wish Reason could have external editors to have RX as in other DAWs, or at least that RX Connect would work properly in Reason...

EnochLight

12 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Oct 2018
I wish Reason could have external editors to have RX as in other DAWs, or at least that RX Connect would work properly in Reason...
RX Connect would be cool, but if you own RX Advanced, most of its modules show up in Reason as separate devices that work fine. I've got Essentials and even those modules show up as separate plugins...

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
12 Oct 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Oct 2018
RX Connect would be cool, but if you own RX Advanced, most of its modules show up in Reason as separate devices that work fine. I've got Essentials and even those modules show up as separate plugins...
I got advanced. Thought devices as plugins was not available for elements. Anywho, some stuff cannot be run as plugins, and it is the sort of stuff I often need in the middle of editing, like spectral repair or de-rustle, that needs to be done in the editor... So sending a clip that needs treatment to Rx whena problem is encountered would be the best...

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2018

Also, I could do without the issues caused by extreme delay compensation from some of the modules in Reason!

• Information