iZotope flash sale: Stutter Edit, Iris2, Trash2 each $49

Discuss VST stuff here!
antic604

31 Aug 2018

Just check your iZotope account, Pluginboutique or e-mail :)

EnochLight

31 Aug 2018

Those a great prices. I'm just reluctant to dive in - Iris 2 is like 4 years old at this point, as is Breaktweaker - and their GUI/UX seems really dated IMHO. Anyone own these and can comment? Do they sound great? Are they fun to use?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

NekujaK

31 Aug 2018

I own them all, but not because I really wanted them. I just happened to get a great crossgrade deal for their Creative Suite, that also includes Vocal Synth - which is really the product I was interested in. But I digress...

Stutter Edit is pretty cool, especially once you understand out how it's laid out and intended to work. But I haven't really put it to use, because the kind of music I make doesn't really call for it.

Trash2 offers plenty of options for crafting just about any kind of distortion. But quite honestly, it's overkill for me. I've got plenty of quality distortion and saturation plugs, and they're all easier to use than Trash.

Iris2 was the biggest disappointment. I was looking forward to getting interesting sounds, especially evolving ethereal pads, out of this synth, but for whatever reason, it just didn't wow me at all. But maybe I just haven't tweaked it in the right ways. The core concept is really cool, but after playing with it for a while, it feels a bit gimmicky.

I don't mean to sound negative. These aren't bad plugins. They just don't suit my particular needs.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

I bought Trash 2 with both of the add-on packs earlier in the year when they had some ridiculous sale for it. It is a powerhouse for mangling sounds. I've been meaning to use it more often but the convenience of RE's makes it easy to scroll right past VSTs.

• Information