Serato Sample owners: how do you like it?

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

12 Aug 2018

I'm trialing Serato Sample right now and I'm really interested in it. How are you Reasoners who own it liking it inside of Reason? Also, does it ever go on sale? :lol: :puf_bigsmile:

There's been a few threads on it over the past year+, but I'm interested in hearing from those who actually own and use it.

https://serato.com/sample

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ProfessaKaos

13 Aug 2018

I really like it. My favourite sampler plugin at this very moment. I highly recommend it if you are into sampling. Serato seem to listen to a lot of user feedback and try to implement it which is very promising for the plugins future.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

EnochLight

14 Aug 2018

ProfessaKaos wrote:
13 Aug 2018
I really like it. My favourite sampler plugin at this very moment. I highly recommend it if you are into sampling. Serato seem to listen to a lot of user feedback and try to implement it which is very promising for the plugins future.
Thanks for chiming in! I'm a few days into the demo, and the biggest complaint I have right now is: samples are NOT saved with the project, so if you move your original sample or the drive it was on takes a crap, you're screwed. Really hoping Serato addresses this glaring issue and allows users to at least optionally store the samples in Serato per-session. Kind of surprised this hasn't been addressed in 1.1 after being on the market for almost a year. It's like a sampler... but still uses old fashioned RAM to store the samples! Lol :roll:

Anyone else using Serato Sample?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

afrodude

15 Aug 2018

EnochLight wrote:
14 Aug 2018
the biggest complaint I have right now is: samples are NOT saved with the project, so if you move your original sample or the drive it was on takes a crap, you're screwed.
this is my biggest problem after using it at the start and being happy that they added multi outs i very rarely use it anymore.
im hoping for propellerhead to do a dr.octorex update and incude multiouts,lazy chopping, spreading sample on the keyboard and key detection

EnochLight

15 Aug 2018

afrodude wrote:
15 Aug 2018
EnochLight wrote:
14 Aug 2018
the biggest complaint I have right now is: samples are NOT saved with the project, so if you move your original sample or the drive it was on takes a crap, you're screwed.
this is my biggest problem after using it at the start and being happy that they added multi outs i very rarely use it anymore.
im hoping for propellerhead to do a dr.octorex update and incude multiouts,lazy chopping, spreading sample on the keyboard and key detection
Well, truth be told, I wouldn't expect Propellerhead to do a Dr. Octo update that addresses anything in the near or far future. You know how slow they move when it comes to stuff like this...

We might be better off getting Serato to update Sample to address missing features, IMHO.

ProfessaKaos

19 Aug 2018

EnochLight wrote:
14 Aug 2018
ProfessaKaos wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Thanks for chiming in! I'm a few days into the demo, and the biggest complaint I have right now is: samples are NOT saved with the project, so if you move your original sample or the drive it was on takes a crap, you're screwed. Really hoping Serato addresses this glaring issue and allows users to at least optionally store the samples in Serato per-session. Kind of surprised this hasn't been addressed in 1.1 after being on the market for almost a year. It's like a sampler... but still uses old fashioned RAM to store the samples! Lol :roll:

Anyone else using Serato Sample?
Yep, I totally agree.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

EnochLight

03 Sep 2018

Well, my trial is coming to and end and Serato just offered me 25% off to pick up Sample. I have 48 hours to decide. This is really tempting at $74.25 USD... :o

https://serato.com/campaign/25-percent-off-sample

*UPDATE: ended up getting it. Couldn't resist for 25% off, though I suspect it'll go on sale again for Black Friday (and possibly cheaper). Oh well! :lol:

• Information