Korg Gadget and Propellerhead....Update

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2018

Korg Gadget now has an update which adds the Propellerhead Stockholm device as a VST plugin. Previously only available in Korg Gadget itself. Mac only...

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/0809/

joeyluck

09 Aug 2018

And Korg Gadget for Mac is 50% off...with an additional 20% off coupon for Reason 10 users. Check your email for a voucher.

tt_lab

09 Aug 2018

I didn't get any email with voucher so I've checked and had my newsletter deactivated in my settings :o Hope I get it now

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2018

Nice - I don't use standalone Korg Gadget for anything, but I DO use the individual gadgets inside Reason and Logic and they are all fantastic!

Also, it's a little weird seeing Europa and now Dr. Octorex, available in Logic.

rvsts.png
rvsts.png (874.55 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

09 Aug 2018

Sadly Korg is on the Mac-train only...So this is not for me. Good for Mac users i guess.
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

09 Aug 2018

I've always loved Korg Gadget on my ipad, amazing software.
Tend the flame

jayhosking

09 Aug 2018

Sounds like everybody in here is a fan of the Gadgets. Care to elaborate? Any particular advantage to them? $120 for 35-ish instruments from Korg seems like a pretty great deal. Any standouts, or surprises, or nice things that aren't easily duplicated within Reason's ecosystem? Etc. Thanks!

dpcoffin

09 Aug 2018

Anybody have a clue about when this sale will end? Would hate to miss out, but can't do right now…:(

TIA!

joeyluck

09 Aug 2018

dpcoffin wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Anybody have a clue about when this sale will end? Would hate to miss out, but can't do right now…:(

TIA!
The Korg site wide sale, including 50% off Gadget, runs through August 26. I'm not sure how long the additional 20% off vouchers for Reason users will last... Maybe just as long? Maybe longer?

I only have Gadget LE on macOS and iOS. 70% off Gadget for macOS is a pretty incredible deal, but not sure I'll be getting it. Bought quite a few other things recently.

Zac

09 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
09 Aug 2018
dpcoffin wrote:
09 Aug 2018

TIA!
The Korg site wide sale, including 50% off Gadget, runs through August 26. I'm not sure how long the additional 20% off vouchers for Reason users will last... Maybe just as long? Maybe longer?

I only have Gadget LE on macOS and iOS. 70% off Gadget for macOS is a pretty incredible deal, but not sure I'll be getting it. Bought quite a few other things recently.
You are such a hypocrite. I really think you should stop commenting on sales or any kind of Propellerhead promotions. You really come across as a shill. Worse, you get things wrong. Not the best example for a forum moderator.

dpcoffin

09 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
09 Aug 2018
dpcoffin wrote:
09 Aug 2018

TIA!

You are such a help, many thanks!

kuhliloach

09 Aug 2018

jayhosking wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Sounds like everybody in here is a fan of the Gadgets. Care to elaborate? Any particular advantage to them? $120 for 35-ish instruments from Korg seems like a pretty great deal. Any standouts, or surprises, or nice things that aren't easily duplicated within Reason's ecosystem? Etc. Thanks!
I find KORG's presets unparalleled in the world of digital audio in terms of musicality and overall usefulness. KORG might be my favorite synth maker. The presets aren't huge in number but pack a big punch in quality. I have no plan to buy Gadget for Mac as it seems disturbingly overpriced even on sale, but I have been collecting all things KORG on iOS.

jayhosking

09 Aug 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
09 Aug 2018
I find KORG's presets unparalleled in the world of digital audio in terms of musicality and overall usefulness. KORG might be my favorite synth maker. The presets aren't huge in number but pack a big punch in quality. I have no plan to buy Gadget for Mac as it seems disturbingly overpriced even on sale, but I have been collecting all things KORG on iOS.
Thanks so much for the reply! It's definitely influenced my decision to buy. Considering I don't have any of this on iOS, and considering it's like adding 30+ VST synths from Korg for $120, that I can use in Reason, I'm going to give it a shot, I think.

stp2015

09 Aug 2018

Are the gadget vsts pc compatible? I know Gadget itself is not, but what about the vsts?

joeyluck

10 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
09 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
09 Aug 2018

You are such a hypocrite. I really think you should stop commenting on sales or any kind of Propellerhead promotions. You really come across as a shill. Worse, you get things wrong. Not the best example for a forum moderator.
What happened exactly? Hypocrisy?

- My email from Korg says the 50% sale off runs through August 26
- I don't have a date for the Reason user vouchers
- Yes, the Reason user vouchers work with the current sale. 50% + 20% = 70%
- I acknowledge that it's a great deal, but I probably won't be buying, not really pushing anybody to buy, just answering a question with what I know

selig
RE Developer

10 Aug 2018

I’m a Gadget fan on my iPad. Been collecting apps for music making for a few years now, and always come back to Gadget in the same way I come back to Reason.

In that respect, this is the app I wish the Props came up with!

In fact, the recent Stockholm device is an amazing example of what is possible (Dr. Octa Rex as a “gadget”), proving the value of Reason devices adapted to the “pad world”.

For a series of recent music events in Finland, I relied heavily on Gadget (and Stockholm) for the performance, as well as for the spontainous after hours jams with other iOS users. Having Ableton LINK available between so many apps meant no worries about using time based devices such as synced delays, arpeggiators, step sequencers, and drum patterns.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Zac

10 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
10 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
09 Aug 2018

- I acknowledge that it's a great deal, but I probably won't be buying, not really pushing anybody to buy, just answering a question with what I know
Sorry Joey. I was drunk.

Loque

10 Aug 2018

Zac wrote:
10 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
10 Aug 2018

Sorry Joey. I was drunk.
Dont drink...
Reason12, Win10

eusti

10 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
10 Aug 2018
Zac wrote:
10 Aug 2018

Sorry Joey. I was drunk.
Dont drink...
Attach breathalyzer to computer!!? ;)

D.

miscend

10 Aug 2018

hurricane wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Nice - I don't use standalone Korg Gadget for anything, but I DO use the individual gadgets inside Reason and Logic and they are all fantastic!

Also, it's a little weird seeing Europa and now Dr. Octorex, available in Logic.

rvsts.png
Do you get windows VST versions of the gadgets?

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2018

miscend wrote:
10 Aug 2018
hurricane wrote:
09 Aug 2018

rvsts.png
Do you get windows VST versions of the gadgets?
Sorry, this is a Mac-only thing at the moment. I know it sucks.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

flexluthor

11 Aug 2018

Got it. It’s pretty awesome. The worst part of it is going through all the instruments and taking screenshots of them all!

samp

11 Aug 2018

See this is what gets me about this 20% off for Reason 10 users. Last week Korg announced the Gadget sale was ending in 8/8/18. So I bought it before that to get the sale. Now Korg extends the sale and propellerhead now offers 20% off on top for us Reason 10 users. Why couldn't they just do this a week before??? :cry: :reason: :recycle: :adapted: :reload: :refill: :re: :ignition: :essentials:

eusti

11 Aug 2018

samp wrote:
11 Aug 2018
See this is what gets me about this 20% off for Reason 10 users. Last week Korg announced the Gadget sale was ending in 8/8/18. So I bought it before that to get the sale. Now Korg extends the sale and propellerhead now offers 20% off on top for us Reason 10 users. Why couldn't they just do this a week before??? :cry: :reason: :recycle: :adapted: :reload: :refill: :re: :ignition: :essentials:
I hear you! With sales I have come to ask myself if I’m ok with amount I’m paying at that moment. Thinking I might get it cheaper if I just waited long enough made my focus more on the hunting than on making music. But I can how this can be annoying, especially if funds are tight.

D.

eusti

11 Aug 2018

Testing them right now... I like how they sound...
Although I have a few issues that I came across so far:
- On my system I get some clicking and sometimes stumbling when I save during playback. That is usually not the case.
- Brussels patch 06 Verby Lead leaves through its long reverb tail quite a high meter reading even though having audibly died down.
- Loop to track doesn't work with Stockholm (Gadget's Dr. Octo Rex) in Reason (supposedly in Gadget though... Have not checked that out.)

On the positive for me:
- Simple layout seems more direct and simple and more immediate and therefore fun to hash things out quickly
- DSP seems quite low on my system
- I like the sound quality, although will need to check the filters some more)

What do you guys think?

D.

• Information