Maschine as VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
KnowKontrol

09 Aug 2018

Question, has anyone else figured out a way to automate scene and patterns in reason? I'v tried the automate button and clicked and no luck. I get pretty creative using my Maschine equipment... and it would be great to be able to write part of a track in Maschine and them add more / record vocals in reason.

EpiGenetik

09 Aug 2018

Sorry, can't be done.

You can use Maschine's drag n drop capabilities to drop whatever part into Reason but it's not the smoothest transaction as it splits the patterns into single tracks in Reason - Maschine is to blame for this but it still doesn't fix the problem.

In the end, the best thing you can do is map your parts in Maschine, and Reason just deals with the outbound audio pipe. This may seem like a hassle, but believe it or not, the workflow has some advantages, in particular, it's less mentally fatiguing if you switch between programs regularly and don't let your brain go off the boil. You also need to consider that sacrificing the tactile control capabilities of Maschine in order to go "mouse-based" as I'm assuming you would be in Reason, takes away a lot of what Maschine really offers you :)

KnowKontrol

09 Aug 2018

EpiGenetik wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Sorry, can't be done.

You can use Maschine's drag n drop capabilities to drop whatever part into Reason but it's not the smoothest transaction as it splits the patterns into single tracks in Reason - Maschine is to blame for this but it still doesn't fix the problem.

In the end, the best thing you can do is map your parts in Maschine, and Reason just deals with the outbound audio pipe. This may seem like a hassle, but believe it or not, the workflow has some advantages, in particular, it's less mentally fatiguing if you switch between programs regularly and don't let your brain go off the boil. You also need to consider that sacrificing the tactile control capabilities of Maschine in order to go "mouse-based" as I'm assuming you would be in Reason, takes away a lot of what Maschine really offers you :)
Thank you sir :P, yeah I love just sitting at my maschine gear, and just writing with minimal interaction with the computer. But I guess what can you do. I'll have to try your alternate routes. I'll also have to figure out this drag and drop thing. Maschine is still fairly new to me.

groggy1

10 Aug 2018

I tried using Machine as a VST in Reason, and hit same issue.

In the end, I switch Machine to "MIDI mode", where it just acts as a controller. I'm really happy with that, and it's been working great. If you can't get it to work at all and you still want to use Reason, I recommend this as a last resort.

jam-s

10 Aug 2018

You might be interested in MaschineR.

KnowKontrol

11 Aug 2018

Yeah I have PushR to use with my push, but I am more into the maschine work flow, maschinR is still working just with Reason

• Information