Cherry Audio Voltage Modular

Discuss VST stuff here!
cheokeh3

01 Aug 2018

A very nice new VST modular software application I am currently trailing and developing modules and patches
check it out, it is rather special!

antic604

01 Aug 2018

Indeed! I'm waiting for my Early Access request being approved to check it out :)

How is the performance in Reason, compared to Softube's Modular, NI's Reactor or VCV Rack if you have those?

eusti

02 Aug 2018

Cool. While I don't think this is for me it looks pretty neat! :)

D.

robotgard

22 Sep 2018

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

25 Sep 2018

The VST crashes for me at Reason's (10.1) startup. Even if I try to re-enable it in Plugin Manager, it crashes again during scanning :(

Anyone else?

Loque

25 Sep 2018

Interesting. In what state is this software? Can i start with it for free or only a demo version? The site is not really filled with information.

I really like the multiple output jacks!
Reason12, Win10

antic604

25 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2018
Interesting. In what state is this software? Can i start with it for free or only a demo version? The site is not really filled with information.

It was launched earlier today, but I've no idea if it has a demo version (can't find it).

Compared to VCV, Softube Modular or Reaktor 6 I'd say it's a great alternative - the early access pack that I got was $99 (currently $150, minus 6x Digi Drums) and has 90 modules, which is a lot compared to those other softwares. VCV is free of course and Reaktor 6 has huge base of user-created content, but VCV is very fiddly using the bridge and Reaktor is CPU hungry. Softube Modular seems really limited & 3rd party modules are expensive. I was really surprised how well VM runs (in Live in particular) with regard to CPU consumption also the workflow is really great - you can easily reorder the devices in your rack using drag & drop, you have multiple in/out sockets, the browser/store is really handy, there's animation on the cables showing you signal flow - small things, but really make life easier :) The base oscillator sounds really great: meaty & warm. There are new modules - from Cherry Audio and PSP - already in the shop and many more on their way judging by forum activity. I like it a lot!

Too bad it doesn't work in Reason for me :(

Loque

25 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2018

It was launched earlier today, but I've no idea if it has a demo version (can't find it).

Compared to VCV, Softube Modular or Reaktor 6 I'd say it's a great alternative - the early access pack that I got was $99 (currently $150, minus 6x Digi Drums) and has 90 modules, which is a lot compared to those other softwares. VCV is free of course and Reaktor 6 has huge base of user-created content, but VCV is very fiddly using the bridge and Reaktor is CPU hungry. Softube Modular seems really limited & 3rd party modules are expensive. I was really surprised how well VM runs (in Live in particular) with regard to CPU consumption also the workflow is really great - you can easily reorder the devices in your rack using drag & drop, you have multiple in/out sockets, the browser/store is really handy, there's animation on the cables showing you signal flow - small things, but really make life easier :) The base oscillator sounds really great: meaty & warm. There are new modules - from Cherry Audio and PSP - already in the shop and many more on their way judging by forum activity. I like it a lot!

Too bad it doesn't work in Reason for me :(
Pk, thanks. I am looking for a good more modular thing in Reason and this could be an option. Bad, that it actually does not work in Reason nor has a demo. Well, i am eyeing Live for a while now, maybe its time...also Max could be quite interesting.
Reason12, Win10

Despondo
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2018

No VST version on Mac, only AU and AAX. :-(

dancing fool

09 Nov 2018

Did anyone here contact Propellerhead about the vst crash issue?
I did, but no answer jet?

Loque

16 Nov 2018

Looks like it reached a final stage and there is a introductory price available. 150 with 85 modules.
https://cherryaudio.com
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

16 Nov 2018

Reaktor is on sale for $100. Really good bang for the buck with good modular implementation (blocks) and a bunch of other cool stuff please all the few goodies from the user library, just food for thought since this doesn’t seem to work in Reason.

chimp_spanner

17 Nov 2018

Well, I demo’d it. Couldn’t get it going in reason but only because I couldn’t find where it had put the VST and it was like, 3am and I couldn’t be bothered to install again. So I’ve just run standalone so far.

Initial thoughts are that it’s good...maaaybe not insta-buy good though. Mainly because I feel like it’s just gonna be a total cash drain, for things that IMO should be included. Like the 16 step sequencer is another 20 bucks. Not sure why it wouldn’t be included with the core modules other than to get you frustrated with 8 steps first. I mean that’s how I feel about it anyway.

That said I really love the virtual MIDI cables. Reason could totally do with that! And the modules do seem good. I noticed a couple of familiar names from VCV like Vult and Autodafe.

I mean right now I can’t afford shit. Things might be on the verge of changing, and if it’s still on introductory by then I’ll probably grab it just to get on board, and hope that it eventually works in Reason. Otherwise there’s always Cubase.

• Information