Free Kilohearts VST crossgrade for RE

Discuss VST stuff here!
kitekrazy

15 Aug 2018

Just curious if users prefer Kilos REs over VSTs. I have plenty of VSTs that do the same thing. I still like to use Reason in the proprietary format.

joeyluck

15 Aug 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Just curious if users prefer Kilos REs over VSTs. I have plenty of VSTs that do the same thing. I still like to use Reason in the proprietary format.
Like I mentioned previously, they both have their benefits. More specifically, REs and snapins (over the VSTs). I like to use the REs for CV and for simpler applications. But when it comes to programming effect chains of kHs plugins, I enjoy using Snap Heap/Multipass with the snapins more than the Combinator.

If it's a question of RE vs VST, then I would definitely always use the RE. But between RE and snapins within a snapin host, that's when I could go either way depending on my approach.

Loque

15 Aug 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
15 Aug 2018
Always the RE. Kilohearts provide a good support for CV ins/outs. Love that. If i want to modulate something, i just flip the device and connect my LFOs or whatever. I really have the feeling, that Kilohearts like using CV and too mee it looks like they eat their own food - thats why they are so good. GUI wise, i like the snap-ins as RE version much moar than the VST (yes, i like the RE moar, get over it :-P).

The only thing i go to VST is, when i want that Multipass thing. Doingn this with RE only is possible, but phasing and high CPU load would be the result. And i need to go to VST for Carve EQ, because there is no RE and i guess it would not make much sense.
Reason12, Win10

KnowKontrol

15 Aug 2018

kitekrazy wrote:Just curious if users prefer Kilos REs over VSTs. I have plenty of VSTs that do the same thing. I still like to use Reason in the proprietary format.
For me everything has its place. I record vocals in reason and finish music there. And I sketch ideas in maschine because of the speed and work flow.

Sometimes using a different formate inspires you in different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information