u-he Colour Copy beta - BBD delay FX

Discuss VST stuff here!
EdGrip

16 Jul 2018

Anyone else had a go on this yet?
It's lots of fun - based on the Lyrebird delay in the Repro synths. Lots of different tones and flavours of delay to explore, and the UI is neat.
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=507480

jimmyklane

16 Jul 2018

EdGrip wrote:
16 Jul 2018
Anyone else had a go on this yet?
It's lots of fun - based on the Lyrebird delay in the Repro synths. Lots of different tones and flavours of delay to explore, and the UI is neat.
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=507480
I didn’t even know this existed! Thank you for sharing with us. The Lyrebird sounds really nice on synths, although Inuse it far more on Repro than on Repro5, simply because every monosynth needs delay, right? :-)
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

EdGrip

16 Jul 2018

I like playing with high near-self-oscillating feedback levels. I like the way the ducker operates on the feedback signal rather than the effect output - a trick I will definitely bear in mind when playing with The Echo in future.
The Time sliders have a little learning curve, but the visual waveform helps you see what's going on. You can press Alt while clicking (or Mac equivalent) to make it snap to precise note lengths, but I love how easy it is to set the delay to almost exact note lengths, which keeps things a bit more interesting.
Urs said in the thread there's a lot going on behind the scenes when you turn the Colour knob.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2018

The GUI on this thing is beautiful, and this is the most 80s sounding software delay I've heard. I tried this on every instrument in my 80s template and I can't describe the sound exactly all I know is that it made all my stuff sound more 80s lol.

They're my favorite developer no doubt. I love everything they put out.

ccopy.jpg
ccopy.jpg (306.82 KiB) Viewed 694 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Ahornberg

02 Aug 2018

Yes this thing is great!

Check out the demo!

• Information