SChes Tantra - $29 AT PLUGIN BOUTIQUE

Discuss VST stuff here!

jimmyklane

14 Jul 2018

Kind of reminds me of syncronous....
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

PhutureD

16 Jul 2018

Its similar but with with more options and higher quality fx, mod bus as well as master fx. tested and works in Reason 10
with serial authorization .

Loque

16 Jul 2018

Are those fx the same as in Thorn?
Reason12, Win10

PhutureD

16 Jul 2018

they are not laid out the same but I would assume they are the same engine,
especially when comparing the lofi and distortion fx. One could say the same for the chorus , flanger , delay and filter.
I havent done a side by side comparision but when comparing to the sounds, they sound very similar.

jimmyklane

16 Jul 2018

PhutureD wrote:
16 Jul 2018
they are not laid out the same but I would assume they are the same engine,
especially when comparing the lofi and distortion fx. One could say the same for the chorus , flanger , delay and filter.
I havent done a side by side comparision but when comparing to the sounds, they sound very similar.
You think that Thorn/Tantra has nicer effects than Synchronous? I’ll admit that I got the Thorn CM edition on an impulse because it was $4.99....and therefore haven’t REALLY devoted a ton of time to it....but my first impressions were not really favorable. It sort of sounded “cheap” as a first impression. In addition, Synchronous is a “multi channel” modulation device for me, and only rarely do I run it as an audio effect but still I remember the effects in Synchronous being pretty decent. If Tantra and Thorn have identical or comparable effects then I can test them on what would be my typical source: a synth, since it has one conveniently bolted-on for me!

I’d be really interested in the thoughts of those that own both, and especially with audio examples if you’d be so kind!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

PhutureD

17 Jul 2018

The Tantra fx are really really good and I dont mind posting up some examples later on.
Was playing with it last night as in insert after Europa and can confirm that the fx are extremely high quality,
especially the filter and distortion.I finish work in about 5 hrs and will make a demo after gym in about 10hrs time.
Because of how Reason works, it would be possible to use synchronous together with Tantra, having the cv-outs as
modulation source go into the vst wrapper's cv inputs of Tantra.

Loque

17 Jul 2018

PhutureD wrote:
17 Jul 2018
The Tantra fx are really really good and I dont mind posting up some examples later on.
Was playing with it last night as in insert after Europa and can confirm that the fx are extremely high quality,
especially the filter and distortion.I finish work in about 5 hrs and will make a demo after gym in about 10hrs time.
Because of how Reason works, it would be possible to use synchronous together with Tantra, having the cv-outs as
modulation source go into the vst wrapper's cv inputs of Tantra.
Agree, the filter and distortion are very good. Note, that the filter also has a vowel and pitch shifter. The bitcrusher is also quite good.
Reason12, Win10

PhutureD

19 Jul 2018

I made a short video on Tantra affecting the sound of a Europa patch. Fast forward to 13m:20s to hear what it it does.
Audio is out of sync I was in a hurry.
https://youtu.be/57PowlCk7JI

• Information