ADSR Sample Manager - FREE!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Creativemind

22 Jul 2018

Another VST not showing up in Reason. Installed the VST 64 bit version (not the VST 3, even tried installing both). I'm on 10.1 and go to Manage Plug-Ins...not there. Not showing up in the browser either. Korg M1 did the same.

:puf_unhappy:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

NekujaK

23 Jul 2018

Creativemind wrote:
22 Jul 2018
Another VST not showing up in Reason. Installed the VST 64 bit version (not the VST 3, even tried installing both). I'm on 10.1 and go to Manage Plug-Ins...not there. Not showing up in the browser either. Korg M1 did the same.
The most common cause of 64-bit VSTs not showing up in Reason is they're installed in a location that isn't scanned by Reason. Don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but the troubleshooting steps are pretty straightforward. You've probably already done them, but for the benefit of anyone new to Reason and/or VSTs:

1. Make sure you installed the 64-bit VST2 version of the plugin. I know that seems really basic, but a simple miss-click in the installer options might be the cause of all the problems. Reason does not recognize 32-bit VST or VST3 plugins.

2. If you're positive you installed the 64-bit VST2 plugin, then find the plugin .dll file on your system and note the folder location. In Reason, look at Edit > Preferences > Advanced. If the plugin location isn't on the Preferences list, or within a sub-folder of a listed location, then either: A) add the plugin folder location to the list; or B) move the plugin .dll file to a location that is already on the list. Restart Reason.

3. If the plugin still doesn't appear, look at Window > Manage Plugins in Reason. If the plugin isn't on the list, then go back and double-check steps 1 and 2. If the plugin is on the list but is marked "Disabled", "Crashed", or "Could not be loaded" then at least you know Reason sees the plugin. If it's marked "Disabled", try to "Enable" it and restart Reason. The other two error conditions may not be resolved so easily: plugins that require iLok authorization when none is available will typically not load, while some plugins are simply not compatible with Reason.

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck resolving the issue!

Edit: Oh, and one more thing that's specific to the ADSR Sample Manager - it's categorized as an Instrument in Reason's device browser, as opposed to an Effect or Utility. So be sure to look for it in the Instruments folder.
Last edited by NekujaK on 24 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

joeyluck

23 Jul 2018

I gave this a shot... I wish there was a way to bulk edit tags...or is there and I am missing it?

It would be nice when importing libraries, that it would present you with a list of tags it was looking to assign, so you could at least uncheck any that are completely off the mark. Could still be hit or miss for diverse sets of sounds, but would still be helpful, I think.

I had a library of suburban nature and park sounds, and they got the "bass" tag, because of "suburban" I guess :puf_bigsmile: There are zero bass instruments amongst these sounds or bass frequencies...

CephaloPod

24 Jul 2018

joeyluck wrote:
23 Jul 2018
I gave this a shot... I wish there was a way to bulk edit tags...or is there and I am missing it?

It would be nice when importing libraries, that it would present you with a list of tags it was looking assign, so you could at least uncheck any that are completely off the mark. Could still be hit or miss for diverse sets of sounds, but would still be helpful, I think.

I had a library of suburban nature and park sounds, and they got the "bass" tag, because of "suburban" I guess :puf_bigsmile: There are zero bass instruments amongst these sounds or bass frequencies...
Since it was nature sounds, maybe it labeled them "bass" like the fish? On the other hand, I don't think bass make much sound, so probably not.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Creativemind

29 Jul 2018

I got it working.

Has anyone had any issues with samples playing slowly in it? This was a full song sample mind.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dustmoses

31 Jul 2018

I have my (massive amount of) samples very well organized in folders... This plug-in actually makes it harder to find stuff with it's garbage auto-tags. Deleted.

demt

07 Aug 2018

so how mutch did we spend on tutorials to make it worthwhile??
seems theres a lot of them so it must have sum pretty deep options
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

MikeMcKew

07 Aug 2018

I picked this up and have messed with it a bit. It's still in the early stages, but I hope that all the issues mentioned thus far will be addressed. Bulk tagging seems crucial, not to mention just accurate auto-tagging to begin with...

I had a weird bug when I was preview samples. I would close down the interface, then when I opened it again, the sample that I had last previewed would play again, every time. Not the end of the world, but rather annoying.

Overall though, I think this is a very good idea and I can't wait to see it improve.

muscmp

09 Aug 2018

i got the adsr sample manager and set it to import my reason files. it only found 191 but, the big problem is i cannot figure out how to get back to the main screen to add more samples from my hard drive. i can't believe i can't get back but.....

thanks,
muscmp

EnochLight

19 Aug 2018

Having spent some time with this, I can say that without bulk tagging it's practically useless for me. I have neither the time nor the inclination to go through the almost 20,000 samples in my random library and fix tags one by one. Really hoping this feature is added soon. I also find that while it syncs loops to tempo in Reason to audition samples, whenever I drag and drop the sample to Reason's sequencer, the loop content isn't property stretched to Reason's project tempo.

This works flawlessly in LoopMaster's LoopCloud sample manager, just so long as you remember to drag and drop the processed loop into Reason (not to mention the additional features of LoopCloud, such as pitch tuning, key switching, etc). That said, LoopCloud doesn't support local sample content (yet), and I suspect that when they do add the feature, it'll be a premium paid-for service, as I can't see them giving away server space/bandwidth away for free.

Full disclosure: I've found both ADSR Sample Manager and LoopMaster's LoopCloud buggy, and both have crashed on me at some point. Hoping one of these two get it right, because - as others have said - these are basic features that should be built-in to Reason's own browser by now, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

manisnotabird

11 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
19 Aug 2018
these are basic features that should be built-in to Reason's own browser by now, IMHO.
Seconding this.

evolve187

13 Apr 2019

Yeah this thing is Fricking great...no more waiting for ages to scan my loops... :puf_smile: agreed though that it needs a batch tagging feature...maybe in a future update. thanks for posting
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

NekujaK

13 Apr 2019

evolve187 wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Yeah this thing is Fricking great...no more waiting for ages to scan my loops... :puf_smile: agreed though that it needs a batch tagging feature...maybe in a future update. thanks for posting
Batch tagging was just added in a recent update. Works great!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information