4) Predator
5) ANA
6) Omnisphere
7) Dune
8) The Legend
9) Diva
10) Avenger
11) Serum

Reason supports different VST, but using too many VST in a track could be a problem (computer can't handle the processing).
(maybe my PC is too slow) :)
Just for the information :
I have problems with my 5year old computer , Intel i7-2600k CPU, 3,40GHz-3,70GHz, 16GB RAM , without ssd drive (windows 7)
But on my notebook its better (1y old) : i7-7500U CPU, 270GHz - 2.90Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1000 GB HDD + 256 GB SSD (Windows 10 )

Ahornberg

24 Jun 2018

my 2 cents on DSP performance problems with VSTs inside Reason:

Reason works on an audio buffer of 64 samples length, regardless of the buffer settings on your audio interface.
Synths in Reason and RackExtensions are built to work fine with that low audio buffer size.
VSTs are mostly developed to perform good on larger audio buffers.

possible soultions:
1) use the fastest computer you can get
2) use Reason synths and REs only (avoid VSTs)
3) use VSTs, bounce in place after recording and bypass the VSTs
4) use VSTs outside of Reason (all the ways we did it before Reason got VST support)
5) use another DAW where VSTs perform better than inside Reason

For some VSTs it heps to disable multi-core audio rendering in the Reason preferences.

Duane

17 May 2019

I just got Avenger vst and have Reason 10...Im getting Artifacts and static cut outs..I have tryed changing the buffer size on sound card ASIO Focusrite USB ASIO and nothing seems to work...I use a Dell xps PC and have had no problems using EZKeys/piano/Drums/mix and loaded Reason synths

• Information