manuel radioact77

12 Jul 2018

Waves: we are in 2018, not 2003. It's time to get real. :lol:

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2018

manuel radioact77 wrote:
12 Jul 2018

I can not support a company wich would happily charge me 2 and 3 times for the plug ins i already payed in full. :lol:

I'm desperatelly trying to sell the plug ins but people seem to run away from Waves as if it was the plague. :lol:
You do realize that your V9 Waves plugins don't need to be updated to V10, right?
That you can keep on using the plugins you paid for on the current computer you're on.
And that you would most likely be able to use those plugins for as long as your OS or DAW will support them (which could be YEARS from now).

So to recap, Waves are not charging you anything to use the plugins you already bought. In fact, if you never upgrade your computer's OS or DAW, and keep it in it's current state indefinitely, you'll be able to use your Waves plugins for the rest of your life and STILL not pay anything.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

manuel radioact77

12 Jul 2018

hurricane wrote:
12 Jul 2018

In fact, if you never upgrade your computer's OS or DAW, and keep it in it's current state indefinitely, you'll be able to use your Waves plugins for the rest of your life and STILL not pay anything.
I gess i couldn't make my own point in a better way. Thank you. :thumbs_up:

I'm not even shure if these Waves' 'update' policies are legal in terms of international consumer laws. But being a humble labour lawyer in Lisbon what do i know. I think it's a very toxic deal. Waves are really walking in a thin line here.

My advice is to stay away from these deals in the first place. And this is both for Waves and for the consumers.

Hurricane: I have no interest in going on with this discussion. I just wanted to state my position. Maybe we can agree to disagree. :)

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2018

manuel radioact77 wrote:
12 Jul 2018
hurricane wrote:
12 Jul 2018

In fact, if you never upgrade your computer's OS or DAW, and keep it in it's current state indefinitely, you'll be able to use your Waves plugins for the rest of your life and STILL not pay anything.
I gess i couldn't make my own point in a better way. Thank you. :thumbs_up:

I'm not even shure if these Waves' 'update' policies are legal in terms of international consumer laws. But being a humble labour lawyer in Lisbon what do i know. I think it's a very toxic deal. Waves are really walking in a thin line here.

My advice is to stay away from these deals in the first place. And this is both for Waves and for the consumers.

Hurricane: I have no interest in going on with this discussion. I just wanted to state my position. Maybe we can agree to disagree. :)
Of course - but this is also for all the others who may be a little confused by the WUP. :puf_smile:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information