Using Maschine with Reason....

Discuss VST stuff here!
jimmyklane

09 Jun 2018

Hey everyone.

I use NI Maschine inside Reason for all of my drums. When I use the other samplers/drum machines, I almost always end up sampling either the single hits or entire phrases into Maschine in order to trigger them inside of Reason with sample-accurate timing.

Who else is using Maschine?

Any tips/tricks to utilize it with Reason? How about programming the Audio inputs or the CV programmer? I've yet to use these features.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

bik44

09 Jun 2018

Because of Reason lack off midi channels and higher cpu usage as vst it is wasting of all Maschine goodness and resources so I use it only as standalone app, synced via Ableton LINK. When I have something to commit I drag audio or midi to Reason sequencer or record audio directly into Reason via audio loopback in my card. Also it is possible to send midi cc to Reason without switching to Maschine Midi mode (sorry for my bad English).

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

FLVZ

10 Jun 2018

I recently acquire a MAschine Jam to learn a new approach to building beats and tracks. I think the best workflow I've seen is indeed using Maschine alone as a DAW and then importing to Reason after, to take full advantage of both platforms?

groggy1

12 Jun 2018

I just use maschine hardware as a midi controller for kong. I tried using it as vst, and wasn’t happy with it in reason (its my own fault, I couldn’t figure out how to change patterns through automation)

• Information