Spitfire Audio - LABS - free instruments

Discuss VST stuff here!
sleep1979
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 02 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018


Mac 10.11.6

Crashed once. But it's behaving very badly on my system.
Ok. I have a support ticket going with them and they are already following up on what I am experiencing.

what do you think of them joe honest truth

sleep1979
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 02 Jun 2018

esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018



are they better than euphonic strings ?
I don't care for Euphonic Strings at all, and after revisiting it since the Softphonics fiasco happened, I'm starting to have questions about its legitimacy as a product.

Spitfire's strings are all very good, and their larger (pricier) releases are probably some of the best on the market. This completely free set probably isn't a very deep collection but I'm sure what is in there will sound great. And it's hard to beat the price :thumbs_up:

did you try them yet ?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Jun 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2018
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018


Ok. I have a support ticket going with them and they are already following up on what I am experiencing.

what do you think of them joe honest truth
I think they're good. I really like the soft piano. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since they aim to release something new each month.

sleep1979
Posts: 103
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 03 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
03 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2018



what do you think of them joe honest truth
I think they're good. I really like the soft piano. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since they aim to release something new each month.

did you notice the piano notes are a bit short when holding down the sustain pedal ? its ok but it cant beat my xln audio upright which i can edit to be soft , strings are proper nice though

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Aug 2018

The Amplified Cello Quartet is great. Awesome for building suspense and creepy stuff :D




User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1074
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 24 Aug 2018

They just anounced another new one. An epiano.

ltbrunt00
Posts: 363
Joined: 10 Jan 2017

Post 24 Aug 2018

I use a lot of spitfire products. If you like the labs you should look at some of their other products like MASSE, London Contemporary Orchestra, any of the swarms or Albion products. You may want to wait for the sales. Their biggest and best sale is usually be between Thanks giving and christmas.
Reason 10.5

User avatar
Sprockhead
Posts: 25
Joined: 24 Apr 2016

Post 12 Sep 2018

Hi guys! I tried writing a new piano piece and decided to use the free Soft Piano. I really like the sound of the piano even though some samples had a few noises I had to edit to get rid off. But it's cool to see what you can get for free nowadays.
Feel free to check it out below!


User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Sep 2018

Sprockhead wrote:
12 Sep 2018
Hi guys! I tried writing a new piano piece and decided to use the free Soft Piano. I really like the sound of the piano even though some samples had a few noises I had to edit to get rid off. But it's cool to see what you can get for free nowadays.
Feel free to check it out below!

Sounds great!

Yeah I've also noticed a few notes at different velocities respond a bit differently; having a small amount of lag here or there. Was thinking about reporting some of it... I have a ticket going now for another issue where when you open the VST window in Reason, the volume of the plugin gets set to zero. Not sure if others have the same problem or if it is just macOS related...

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Sep 2018

They just released another: Charango

Apparently based on a library that inspired its creators to start Spitfire Audio
This charango — an Andean guitar-like instrument — was recorded back in 2006 by Christian Henson on a KM184 mic in his Soho flat, played by his brother Joe. This was the instrument that inspired Christian and Paul to create Spitfire Audio.
Image


Przemyslaw
Posts: 29
Joined: 05 Jan 2018

Post 22 Sep 2018

Great but not in 440Hz tune.

Przemyslaw
Posts: 29
Joined: 05 Jan 2018

Post 01 Nov 2018

This time absolutely great and free Choir from Spitfire LABS.
info:
In June 2017, we sampled the exceptional Eric Whitacre Singers at Air Studios, London, to create our first ever choir library, curated and conducted by Eric Whitacre. LABS Choir features ever-changing choral samples, created by combining three evolutions from this epic vocal encyclopaedia — the textures weave in and out of each other and evolve constantly as you play, offering you endless inspiration.

Worth to check

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

terra32h
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 01 Nov 2018

I really love this plugin. Unfortunately, I made the update ( the choir thing) and now when I open a project I was working on before the update ( which uses Spitfire instruments) and hit the 'play' button it says that the Spitfire VST has crashed.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Nov 2018

terra32h wrote:
01 Nov 2018
I really love this plugin. Unfortunately, I made the update ( the choir thing) and now when I open a project I was working on before the update ( which uses Spitfire instruments) and hit the 'play' button it says that the Spitfire VST has crashed.
I have a report going with them. For me on macOS, whenever I open the VST window, the volume gets set to 0. Also, the mod wheel doesn't always match the slider in which it is assigned. They said they are in touch with Propellerhead about these since they don't occur in other DAWs tested using the same version of the plugin.

I'm updating now and getting the Choir, so will check this when I do.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Nov 2018
terra32h wrote:
01 Nov 2018
I really love this plugin. Unfortunately, I made the update ( the choir thing) and now when I open a project I was working on before the update ( which uses Spitfire instruments) and hit the 'play' button it says that the Spitfire VST has crashed.
I have a report going with them. For me on macOS, whenever I open the VST window, the volume gets set to 0. Also, the mod wheel doesn't always match the slider in which it is assigned. They said they are in touch with Propellerhead about these since they don't occur in other DAWs tested using the same version of the plugin.

I'm updating now and getting the Choir, so will check this when I do.
Ok, so seems as if the bugs I reported have been fixed with this update. And I'm not experiencing any crashes yet.

Bumblebee
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Nov 2018

Post 02 Nov 2018

OO nice. By the way, if there's no x64 dll's you can just use Jbdridger and bridge those x32 dll's into x64. Works flawlessly.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 02 Nov 2018

Bumblebee wrote:
02 Nov 2018
OO nice. By the way, if there's no x64 dll's you can just use Jbdridger and bridge those x32 dll's into x64. Works flawlessly.
They are available as VST 2.4, 64-bit


  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], mjxl, Proximic [Bot] and 0 guests