Discuss VST stuff here!
Przemyslaw

31 May 2018

Hi There !

Spitfire Audio company offers free soft piano and strings in vst format at:
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

this is actually awesome can the string players here comfirm hpow good these things are sound nice to me , well the videos do i'm downloading the vst lol

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

looks like there 32 bit useless

esselfortium

01 Jun 2018

I haven't been able to get their player app to download so far, but I'm glad to see they're finally starting to rerelease the Spitfire Labs instruments. I own a bunch of their original Labs releases for Kontakt and they're wonderful, especially the Soft Piano (which is available now) and Scary Strings (which isn't rereleased yet). Hopefully the rest will come soon!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

Essel sarah , are they only 32 bit? Coz i have them installed in my vst folder . Your musics nice by the way

esselfortium

01 Jun 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Essel sarah , are they only 32 bit? Coz i have them installed in my vst folder . Your musics nice by the way
I'm not sure, I haven't been able to get their website to download their app for these yet. I can only comment on the Kontakt versions that are no longer available. I'd certainly hope it's not 32-bit, though, as that would be a very bizarre decision to make in 2018.
Sarah Mancuso

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

Yay! I've been looking forward to this :thumbs_up:

@sleep1979, I had no issues installing on macOS. The Labs plugin is there in instruments under Spitfire Audio.

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Yay! I've been looking forward to this :thumbs_up:

@sleep1979, I had no issues installing on macOS. The Labs plugin is there in instruments under Spitfire Audio.

I have windows 10 trying it again it keeps only installing 32 bit dll

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018
I'm not sure, I haven't been able to get their website to download their app for these yet. I can only comment on the Kontakt versions that are no longer available. I'd certainly hope it's not 32-bit, though, as that would be a very bizarre decision to make in 2018.

are they better than euphonic strings ?

esselfortium

01 Jun 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018
esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018

I don't care for Euphonic Strings at all, and after revisiting it since the Softphonics fiasco happened, I'm starting to have questions about its legitimacy as a product.

Spitfire's strings are all very good, and their larger (pricier) releases are probably some of the best on the market. This completely free set probably isn't a very deep collection but I'm sure what is in there will sound great. And it's hard to beat the price :thumbs_up:
Sarah Mancuso

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

I've encountered a couple bugs on macOS that I have reported. One is that anytime I open the window (the first time or I reopen it), the plugin's volume is set to 0. Is anybody else having this issue? The other is that the dynamics slider seems to be a bit jumpy when controlled via mod wheel (it's default assignment), but if I assign the mod wheel via remote within Reason, then it's fine.

Marco Raaphorst

01 Jun 2018

very buggy. crashed Reason also.

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Hmmm. I haven't been able to get it to crash yet. What were you doing when that happened?

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018
sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2018

I don't care for Euphonic Strings at all, and after revisiting it since the Softphonics fiasco happened, I'm starting to have questions about its legitimacy as a product.

Spitfire's strings are all very good, and their larger (pricier) releases are probably some of the best on the market. This completely free set probably isn't a very deep collection but I'm sure what is in there will sound great. And it's hard to beat the price :thumbs_up:

i have it installed now it seems nice to me, its a good thing because i bought heavyocitys natural forces on sale( and aeon organic rack extension ) instead of euphonic strings lol , so now i have a nice strings patch and piano for free , i have to be honest i am done with refills or smaller rack extension developers now unless I have seen them making quality vsts aswell ( im sure they are all legitimate ) but i even see dna labs hydronexius and cinematic strings add on for less than 30 dollors or pounds , i didnt get it , even though it looked good and is proberly legimate, all because of the soft-phonics saga , I mean if he could do it( Andrew skelton ) maybe theres more , i buy my music software now and it makes me feel good that i own stuff,. and i get more music done than the days when i had every cracked plug in going ( then i just looked at the presets lol ) , if i wanted hacked off versions i could find them all over torrents , nope i own reason intro , polar syncronus , kuassa eq , heavycity aeon organic , two kontakt player libraries lunaris and natural forces , xln audio upright piano, waves musicians pack 2 , couple free cableguys things and now spitfire audios two free plugins , and a couple skrock racks that i bought but dont even install now so apart from maybe a few things in the future( maybe kontakt player libaries or quality rack extensions from big companys ) i'm ok .

Marco Raaphorst

01 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Hmmm. I haven't been able to get it to crash yet. What were you doing when that happened?
playing that piano. boom, Reason gone. huge crash.

it. is. shitty.

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018

it. is. shitty.
Are you on Windows? Which version of Reason?

I'm on macOS 10.13.4 on my MacBook Air running Reason 10.1 and not having any issues with crashing.

sleep1979

01 Jun 2018

esselfortium wrote:
01 Jun 2018
I haven't been able to get their player app to download so far, but I'm glad to see they're finally starting to rerelease the Spitfire Labs instruments. I own a bunch of their original Labs releases for Kontakt and they're wonderful, especially the Soft Piano (which is available now) and Scary Strings (which isn't rereleased yet). Hopefully the rest will come soon!

i'm actually a fan of yours now sarah tbh , I actually may buy your album next week ( ive spent too much on myself this week nice 80s sounding stuff man

Marco Raaphorst

01 Jun 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018

it. is. shitty.

I'm on macOS 10.13.4 on my MacBook Air running Reason 10.1 and not having any issues with crashing.
Mac 10.11.6

Crashed once. But it's behaving very badly on my system.

joeyluck

01 Jun 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018
joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018

Mac 10.11.6

Crashed once. But it's behaving very badly on my system.
Ok. I have a support ticket going with them and they are already following up on what I am experiencing.

miscend

01 Jun 2018

I have the Kontakt versions. I guess I’ll give this a pass.

QVprod

01 Jun 2018

Pretty nice sounding ensemble strings. Works fine in Studio One 4 for me on Yosemite . Haven’t opened in Reason yet

CephaloPod

01 Jun 2018

These are free for a reason.

The strings are OK. Not sure they are worth the 700 MB of storage though.

The piano is quite lame.

Neither are tweakable at all, except for adding some reverb.

Again, these are free, so no real complaints. But I'll probably delete them both.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

sleep1979

02 Jun 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
01 Jun 2018
These are free for a reason.

The strings are OK. Not sure they are worth the 700 MB of storage though.

The piano is quite lame.

Neither are tweakable at all, except for adding some reverb.

Again, these are free, so no real complaints. But I'll probably delete them both.

the strings are nice and warm for me man where you going and that pianos decent you rarely see stuff like this for free

i will keep both what do you others think about them ??

sleep1979

02 Jun 2018

bit buggy though the audio goes until you reopen the plug in no crashes though

• Information