GRAIN (VST)! Do you want it?

Discuss VST stuff here!

Grain VST: do you want it?

YES - I would like to have Grain as a VST!
61%
NO - I don't need/want Grain as a VST!
39%

Total votes: 114
EnochLight

31 May 2018

I'm a huge fan of Grain. Now that Europa VST is out, how many of you would want Grain VST to use in your other DAW? Some good patch libraries out there for Grain so far.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

AzureEyes

31 May 2018

Would love to use Grain in Live and FL! So yes pretty please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aosta

31 May 2018

I only use Reason so have no need for a VST but I'd like to see props expand and succeed into new versions.
Tend the flame

EnochLight

31 May 2018

Aosta wrote:
31 May 2018
I only use Reason so have no need for a VST but I'd like to see props expand and succeed into new versions.
If the Europa VST release is something to go by, then you’d get a free Grain VST license anyway, so.. what’s not to love about FREE!? ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Aosta

31 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2018

If the Europa VST release is something to go by, then you’d get a free Grain VST license anyway, so.. what’s not to love about FREE!? ;)
But what would be the point? I haven't even gone near the shop to claim my free Europa VST, I don't need it, I wouldn't use it, I already have it.
Like I said personally I don't want a Grain VST but don't mind if one is released, maybe it's the way the question was put? Maybe a third option of impartiality?
Tend the flame

EnochLight

31 May 2018

Aosta wrote:
31 May 2018
But what would be the point? I haven't even gone near the shop to claim my free Europa VST, I don't need it, I wouldn't use it, I already have it.
Like I said personally I don't want a Grain VST but don't mind if one is released, maybe it's the way the question was put? Maybe a third option of impartiality?
Gotcha; thanks!

tiker01

31 May 2018

People say the Europa VST is less CPU hungry compared to the RE probably due to the lack of sandboxing.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

ltbrunt00

31 May 2018

Since they are doing VST I actually want all their devices as VST.

I definitely need NNXT, THOR, PX7, Kong and maybe Parsec in VST format.
I want the players in VST Format.
I would like the modern reason effect units in VST.

This may be odd request but the Reason RPG-8 is the main Arpeggiator I use. Through automation I can do amazing things with this Device. I would pay hard cold cash for RPG-8 as a VST module. I have various VST arpeggiators and have used the different RE devices through trials and subscription and after all this time RPG-8 is my main workhorse.

RPG-8 VST please...I will not take no for an answer.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Oquasec

31 May 2018

They took the wires out of the vst version which probably changed that alittle bit
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

nuts4

07 Oct 2018

Hello,
I especially created account to vote here.
Sorry for digging. But it seem like thats best place to ask the question. Are there any decisions made on grain VST? its going to be released? I checked it out and definitely fell in love in GRAIN. As I am already trained on other DAW I dont want to change. So thats why Im waiting for VST release. I dont want to use alternatives as I like a lot reason approach to grainular synthesis.

Loque

07 Oct 2018

Iam too biased. I barely touch Europa VST, even if the performance and GUI is better. So, i dont really need it as Vst.

Grain as VST might be good for PH. But i think they gonna wait a bit more, because a Grain synth is kind of special and not that known than wavetable synths.
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

09 Oct 2018

After a year I just now started using Grain and man this device is powerful. I started a project with the idea of using grain right at the beginning. I spent a few nights doing nothing but tweaking and experimenting with it. Yeah I will would buy a Grain VST. Would like to get a discount since being a reason 10.2 user.

Europa is a great device and I love using it in Studio one 4 but unfortunately in Reason The legend, VK2, Zero, Hybrid by Air, are my go to Synths.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

EnochLight

09 Oct 2018

nuts4 wrote:
07 Oct 2018
Hello,
I especially created account to vote here.
Sorry for digging. But it seem like thats best place to ask the question. Are there any decisions made on grain VST? its going to be released? I checked it out and definitely fell in love in GRAIN. As I am already trained on other DAW I dont want to change. So thats why Im waiting for VST release. I dont want to use alternatives as I like a lot reason approach to grainular synthesis.
Well, this poll was ran just to gauge interest amongst the Reason community. Apparently 67% (currently) think it would be awesome, but that's with only 42 people participating. I don't know if Propellerhead are planning to release it as a VST currently. So far it's a "NO", judging from their current actions.

Hopefully that will change.

Data_Shrine

13 Oct 2018

Yes if they offer it for free. I wouldn't pay for it twice, since I already have it in Reason.

Troublemecca

22 Oct 2018

Clearly it would be fantastic as a VST... but then why not just whore out every device? I imagine (hope) props is releasing VSTs to introduce and entice people to the main course that is Reason. If they port out all the goodies, then there's little incentive to buy the full deal... I suppose if they made the VSTs prohibitively expensive, it would encourage people to just buy the full version and Rewire like normal people.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

aquil

02 Apr 2019

Sorry for bring this up again. But i would love to see a Grains VST :)

scratchnsnifff

02 Apr 2019

YES
i just got ableton suite and i absolutely want grain and all my RE's in live :D
so please propellerhead port grain, pretty please with some grains on top.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

FLVZ

02 Apr 2019

Props need to build a VST Shell type thing that houses REs so we can use them in other DAWS. Then they dont need to individually build REs as VSTs. That would be insta purchase for 80% of the community atleast I think :D

reddust

03 Apr 2019

From a pure egocentric point of view I'd say no, because I don't event need other DAWs, but if people are using other DAWs whatever the reason is, why not. Grain is a great tool

Biolumin3sc3nt

03 Apr 2019

A huge Fat No! It would take away from the Reason Eco System! I keep hearing, turn this and that into a VST/ And or VST wrapper, Bullocks. You might as well take away the essence of Reason at that. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, so please forgive me. But, No!

plaamook

03 Apr 2019

I actually just voted yes for a friend who does not use Reason but would still like to get his grubby hands on Grain.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Loque

03 Apr 2019

plaamook wrote:
03 Apr 2019
I actually just voted yes for a friend who does not use Reason but would still like to get his grubby hands on Grain.
He should buy Reason.
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2019

Data_Shrine wrote:
13 Oct 2018
Yes if they offer it for free. I wouldn't pay for it twice, since I already have it in Reason.
Same. I wouldn't buy it. Ever.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

boingy

03 Apr 2019

I vote yes, and the same for all the other instruments. The GUI on a VST is not constrained by the narrow rack thing so I stand a better chance of being able to read the controls and I'm free to arrange the instruments across two monitors in any way I choose rather than in relatively narrow columns. Of course, a scalable rack in Reason would go a long way to satisfying me. I'm not getting any younger and I sometimes have to use reading glasses to use REs. In cases where I own the VST and RE version of the same instrument I almost always use the VST one! Maybe props should sell some limited edition "ReDing" glasses.

NekujaK

03 Apr 2019

This is just a matter of simple Reason-loving logic...

- Do I like Reason? Yes, very much
- Who makes Reason? The Props
- Do I want the Props to continue to support and improve Reason? Yes, definitely
- What do the Props need to support and improve Reason? Smart designers and engineers
- What do the Props need to hire and retain smart designers and engineers? Money
- How can the Props make more money? By selling more music-making stuff
- What's the biggest market for selling music-making stuff? VST
- Do the Props have a lot of cool music-making stuff that would be sellable as VSTs? Most definitely
- Would the Props make money by selling a Grain VST? Very likely
- Would the Props make money by selling other music-making VSTs? Very likely

Therefore, because I like Reason so much, I want the the Props to make and sell more VSTs so they can make more money, enabling them to hire and retain smart designers and engineers who can continue to support and improve Reason :thumbs_up: Everyone wins!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information