Europa VST/AU!!!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
ArcoZ

05 Jun 2018

Couple of years ago I prophetized that Reason will eventually become VST plugin. It's the first step. The development of Reason software is just impossible because of the obsolete architecture. In a years or two nobody is going to deal with these small GUI's and clumsy cables (except for some fans).
The main treasure of Reason is in my opinion the whole mass of sounds hidden in various Refills. Couple of synths and effects are in the first league as well.

djadalaide

05 Jun 2018

ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018
Couple of years ago I prophetized that Reason will eventually become VST plugin. It's the first step. The development of Reason software is just impossible because of the obsolete architecture. In a years or two nobody is going to deal with these small GUI's and clumsy cables (except for some fans).
With Europa VST having the magnify on the device i'm guessing that will come to Reason as well.

EnochLight

05 Jun 2018

ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018
Couple of years ago I prophetized that Reason will eventually become VST plugin.
Well, like most people who claim to be prophets, looks like you were kind of off the mark a bit, eh? :D :puf_bigsmile:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ArcoZ

05 Jun 2018

Well, like most people who claim to be prophets, looks like you were kind of off the mark a bit, eh? :D :puf_bigsmile:
[/quote]

Unfortunately, you are dominated by emotions not reason :) Reason (DAW) has no future and this is obvious for the Swedish guys. This is why they try to get money from their hard work on different markets.

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2018

ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018

Unfortunately, you are dominated by emotions not reason :) Reason (DAW) has no future and this is obvious for the Swedish guys. This is why they try to get money from their hard work on different markets.
Facts and figures, please :)

EnochLight

05 Jun 2018

ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018
EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2018
If you are using logic to determine Reason has no future (and that such a claim is "obvious"), then I'm not sure anyone who is rational would subscribe to that sort of logic. To be blunt - you're talking crazy talk.

Please cite sources. It would be massively helpful in making your case.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

05 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2018
ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018

If you are using logic to determine Reason has no future (and that such a claim is "obvious"), then I'm not sure anyone who is rational would subscribe to that sort of logic. To be blunt - you're talking crazy talk.

Please cite sources. It would be massively helpful in making your case.
There was a time that music could only be made with Cubase :D it was on an Atari, right? There were a lot of prophets in that time...
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

05 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2018
There was a time that music could only be made with Cubase :D it was on an Atari, right? There were a lot of prophets in that time...
His Analog Holiness, Dave Smith? :puf_bigsmile: :lol:

miscend

05 Jun 2018

Tutorial

miscend

05 Jun 2018

chaosroyale

06 Jun 2018

An earlier post said that the VST's CPU usage is significantly lower in Reason than the native RE. (I really cannot see that being true, because the VST *IS* the RE in a different wrapper, and given the overall poor VST performance in Reason).

Still, I'd like to know if anyone has a clear answer about this?

djadalaide

06 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2018
ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018
Couple of years ago I prophetized that Reason will eventually become VST plugin.
The only prophet i believe in is the ProphetVS with its gnarly resonant feedback filters and low-sample-rate goodness :thumbs_up:

mojo

08 Jun 2018

Hi I tried it in renoise and it works fine but I can't figure out how to initialize the synth. If someone can help me.

tiker01

08 Jun 2018

mojo wrote:
08 Jun 2018
Hi I tried it in renoise and it works fine but I can't figure out how to initialize the synth. If someone can help me.
I guess load the init patch.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

WongoTheSane

08 Jun 2018

mojo wrote:
08 Jun 2018
Click on the patch browser: the first patch of the list is always the init patch.

init europa.PNG
init europa.PNG (132.12 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

mojo

09 Jun 2018

lol I feel stupid but thank you.

chaosroyale

09 Jun 2018

Did anybody check to see the actual difference in CPU usage in Reason when running the same patch on the VST and the original instrument?

kuhliloach

09 Jun 2018

I think the VST and web-player versions are genius marketing moves that make Europa into a gateway-drug towards full-blown Reason.

riemac

10 Jun 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jun 2018
Did anybody check to see the actual difference in CPU usage in Reason when running the same patch on the VST and the original instrument?
Yes, on my system there is no difference between RE and VST. After testing this I have deactivated Europa VST because the RE is better integrated.

chaosroyale

10 Jun 2018

Thanks, that's exactly what I expected (after all the VST is the RE, minus CV) but it's good to have confirmation. I'm not a fan of R10, and originally wasn't a fan of Europa, but the sample loading has bumped it up from "not as good as expanse" to "genuinely characterful and useful synth". If they had included that from the outset, I wouldn't have criticized it and upset Mattias so much.
riemac wrote:
10 Jun 2018
chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jun 2018
Yes, on my system there is no difference between RE and VST. After testing this I have deactivated Europa VST because the RE is better integrated.

Biolumin3sc3nt

10 Jun 2018

ArcoZ wrote:
05 Jun 2018
The main treasure of Reason is in my opinion the whole mass of sounds hidden in various Refills. Couple of synths and effects are in the first league as well.
Clumsy cables??? You done just F#d up - Get the hell off my Lawn

ltbrunt00

25 Aug 2018

I've noticed on some other plugin sites that the Europa VST is a top seller. Could it be possible that they are making so much money off of the Europa VST that they are working on other VST projects.

Could they be working on a VST container for using Rack Extensions sort of like Kontakt.

What ever they dream up will be exciting at least.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

25 Aug 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
25 Aug 2018
I've noticed on some other plugin sites that the Europa VST is a top seller. Could it be possible that they are making so much money off of the Europa VST that they are working on other VST projects.

Could they be working on a VST container for using Rack Extensions sort of like Kontakt.

What ever they dream up will be exciting at least.
I expect they can compile the REs to different platforms soon, including VST on Mac and PC. My guessing...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

27 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
25 Aug 2018
I expect they can compile the REs to different platforms soon, including VST on Mac and PC. My guessing...
Yeah, that was something I expected when they released the Europa VST & webapp versions and was indirectly, in a very VERY vague way hinted at by Jiggery Pokery dev in FB topic about updated Steerpike

EnochLight

27 Aug 2018

Europa VST is on sale for $50 USD off right now, for anyone who is interested.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/vst/europa-by-reason/

• Information