Europa VST/AU!!!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
AzureEyes

31 May 2018

Imageline had done this with their suite of FL plugins including Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus and Vocodex!

I think Propellerhead will add new devices in bigger updates and also develop a VST version later.

I know that Grain will be next by a chronological guess!

When?! I don't know but my guess is this Fall!

Parsec on the other hand might be intergrated into the rack and later made into a VST but I honestly wouldn't hold my breath!

I used Europa in both Live and FL on my Mac and love it!

Also Redrum, Thor and other legacy rack devices won't come due to the, being part of the core of Reason. Remember Europa and Grain are Rack Extensions that are made to fit into Reason 10 natively!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mind2069

31 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
30 May 2018
mind2069 wrote:
30 May 2018
Well amazing job PH, dont know if such complex synths already existed as html/javascript/css, as a dev myself, Im blown away.
Its probably not the typical html/javascript/css coding you are thinking of.

http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-sit ... ipten.html
I know it's not 100% pure html/javascript/css but still, when you inspect element, its mainly driving the UI, div, svg, css ect

With stuff like WebAssembly, Google V8 engine, Emscripten and many others, it give a better perceptive on where the web is going and the possibilities of modern browser.

rcbuse
RE Developer

31 May 2018

mind2069 wrote:
31 May 2018

With stuff like WebAssembly, Google V8 engine, Emscripten and many others, it give a better perceptive on where the web is going and the possibilities of modern browser.
It is very exciting indeed. I think this web demo they put together is just amazing.

Loque

31 May 2018

Wow....just opened a patch i made a few weeks ago into Europa RE and it quickly scratches the top of the DSP meter and starts crackling. I thought, now i test the VST version. Yea, you guessed right...it was hard to scratch 1 DSP bar... What a huge difference.

That was a slap in my face, because i still would prefere RE over VST, not only because of CV and all that mentioned stuff, but also for sample drop which actually does not work in Reason VST.
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 May 2018

Loque wrote:
31 May 2018
Wow....just opened a patch i made a few weeks ago into Europa RE and it quickly scratches the top of the DSP meter and starts crackling. I thought, now i test the VST version. Yea, you guessed right...it was hard to scratch 1 DSP bar... What a huge difference.

That was a slap in my face, because i still would prefere RE over VST, not only because of CV and all that mentioned stuff, but also for sample drop which actually does not work in Reason VST.
Wait, so you're getting better performance of the Europa VST in Reason?

Loque

31 May 2018

avasopht wrote:
31 May 2018
Loque wrote:
31 May 2018

Wait, so you're getting better performance of the Europa VST in Reason?
Yea....much better. With the patch i used it was over after maybe 4 notes (which were still in Release phase). In VST it scratches 1 BAR. So maybe i can say the performance seems to be maybe 6 or more times better.
Reason12, Win10

tiker01

31 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
31 May 2018
mind2069 wrote:
31 May 2018

It is very exciting indeed. I think this web demo they put together is just amazing.
I wish similar tutorial mode of devices could be turned on in Reason. Ableton and others have it.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Loque

31 May 2018

tiker01 wrote:
31 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
31 May 2018

I wish similar tutorial mode of devices could be turned on in Reason. Ableton and others have it.
Idd good idea. Tutorial or even trialing would be next generation. I just tried the web version and it seems to be a bit buggy and CPU intensive till now. Nevertheless it still shows where we are heading the next time.
Reason12, Win10

bangaio

31 May 2018

As someone who has used reason since v1 and loves,and I mean LOVES the reason devices this is a great thing. This is because I really dislike reasons sequencer and for me I just don’t dig the rack paradigm anymore. I know I use it without realising via combinators but these days I use Logic Pro x and occasionally wistfully fire up reason, get annoyed with the pops and crackles or the midi editing and sequencing, save my 8 bar loop and close it down again.

Having some of these amazing devices in logic would be amazing. I’d take red rum, kong and the nnxt to start with. And maybe grain. And maybe the rest!

Emian

31 May 2018

does anyone know how to get Reason Europa work in Maschine using NKS support? i found a link over at KVR but don't get it to work...

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

antic604

31 May 2018

Emian wrote:
31 May 2018
does anyone know how to get Reason Europa work in Maschine using NKS support? i found a link over at KVR but don't get it to work...
Ask the guy on KVR?

antic604

31 May 2018

bangaio wrote:
31 May 2018
Having some of these amazing devices in logic would be amazing. I’d take red rum, kong and the nnxt to start with. And maybe grain. And maybe the rest!
I think the VST converter works only on the REs for now, so I‘d rather expect Grains, Parsec, PX7 or Synchronous next.

mojo

31 May 2018

I also vote for reason rack as a vst.

Emian

31 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
31 May 2018
Emian wrote:
31 May 2018
Ask the guy on KVR?
i did, but even after some additional info i can't get it to work ...

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

EnochLight

31 May 2018

So, Europa VST isn't free to anyone who buys the full version of R10 or upgrades right now??!

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p7090313

Yet:

derp.jpg
derp.jpg (94.46 KiB) Viewed 3259 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

WongoTheSane

31 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2018
So, Europa VST isn't free to anyone who buys the full version of R10 or upgrades right now??!

Yet:
Between that ad and Lars' answer, there are three way to interpret this:

1) Free for current R10 users (future buyers and upgraders will have to pay)
2) Free for all R10 users (buyers and upgraders of R11+ will have to pay)
3) Free for current R10 users and for future buyers/upgraders until June 30 (after that they'll have to pay)

It would be nice if they could shed some light on the subject.

EnochLight

31 May 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
31 May 2018
EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2018

Yet:

3) Free for current R10 users and for future buyers/upgraders until June 30 (after that they'll have to pay)

Exactly. The way the ad is read typically though (without exceptions noted) is that it's free to all R10 owners all of the time, though. They really need to clarify on the product page. I also feel Lars response is totally lame, BTW. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

WongoTheSane

31 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2018
WongoTheSane wrote:
31 May 2018

Exactly. The way the ad is read typically though (without exceptions noted) is that it's free to all R10 owners all of the time, though. They really need to clarify on the product page. I also feel Lars response is totally lame, BTW. :D
We'll know soon enough, but my feeling is that it's option 2, in which case both the ad AND Lars are right (maybe he should have said "in future versions" instead of "in the future" to avoid any ambiguity; it's a bit hard to convey in a few words). I'd say: don't fire Lars just yet :D

United South

31 May 2018

Good move but I really don't think none of Reason's devices can compete with anything in the vst world for the most part without updates. Nobody is going to buy Kong or Dr Rex without significant wave/rex editing features and drag and drop sample capabilities. People like visual feedback on their plugins especially on effects which most native Reason devices don't have.

It's a good move but if they go the half-arse route no one will buy them.

esselfortium

31 May 2018

United South wrote:
31 May 2018
Good move but I really don't think none of Reason's devices can compete with anything in the vst world for the most part without updates. Nobody is going to buy Kong or Dr Rex without significant wave/rex editing features and drag and drop sample capabilities. People like visual feedback on their plugins especially on effects which most native Reason devices don't have.

I assume the long term plan here isn't to repackage 10+ year old stock devices as standalone VSTs, but to make it possible for every RE instrument and effect developer in the shop to compile their rack extensions as VST/DAW, thus massively expanding their potential audience (and making RE development more attractive).
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

31 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
31 May 2018
United South wrote:
31 May 2018

I assume the long term plan here isn't to repackage 10+ year old stock devices as standalone VSTs, but to make it possible for every RE instrument and effect developer in the shop to compile their rack extensions as VST/DAW, thus massively expanding their potential audience (and making RE development more attractive).
Counterpoint: perhaps there is no intention to do any of that. Perhaps Europa VST was simply a “one off” product to draw attention to Reason? Perhaps it’s not an automated process and required a ton of work, and porting RE to VST is no simple task?

*shrugs*

miscend

31 May 2018

Can you transfer licences?

EnochLight

31 May 2018

miscend wrote:
31 May 2018
Can you transfer licences?
I doubt the free versions R10 owners get can be transferred. People buying a full license - I would hope they’d allow, though.

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2018

Counterpoint: perhaps there is no intention to do any of that. Perhaps Europa VST was simply a “one off” product to draw attention to Reason? Perhaps it’s not an automated process and required a ton of work, and porting RE to VST is no simple task?

*shrugs*
No, there is definitely no porting of Europa required. Ditto for the web version.

The Rack Extension bytecode only needs to be submitted once with assets and Lua scripts. With that the code can actually support any platform without requiring a change. All it requires is for propellerhead to create a platform shell once, which they have now done.

That's exactly what the SDK was intended for, and what llvm bytecode allows for.

This Europa VST means every rack extension instrument thus far can be made a VST and run in the browser without a single change.

mreese80

01 Jun 2018

I installed and that was it. I don't use the RE version but if Props is giving us something i'm taking it lol
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

• Information