30 May 2018

WTF?

My 1st reaction? Look at that sharp & detailed GUI

MusicianX

30 May 2018

I really don't see the point in them doing this

seqoi

30 May 2018

Why? They simply expand to another format/market.

What about Subtractor and Maelstrom :)
Last edited by seqoi on 30 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Ejectzero

30 May 2018

Well, there goes the benefit of having Reason 10.

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 May 2018

panda-dancing.gif
panda-dancing.gif (78.48 KiB) Viewed 6031 times

rudiarii

30 May 2018

It's a cold day in hell.... never thought I would see a Props VSTi......
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

Ejectzero

30 May 2018

But the online players allows sound design at work! Hehe

seqoi

30 May 2018

Ejectzero wrote:
30 May 2018
Well, there goes the benefit of having Reason 10.
Did you buy Reason for making music or for making benefit of having a synth which noone apart from Reason users have? I mean what the??

Propellerhead can anyone add any light on Subtractor, Maelstrom and Redrum being VST available and can Propellerhead VST instrument (Europa) read preset created with Reason? Such as Europa Reason presets or Redrum drum kits (assuming Redrum will be available)...

Aosta

30 May 2018

Be interesting to see how the VST heads will react to props entering the market. Without a doubt they do make excellent products but they will be playing with the big boys now.
Tend the flame

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 May 2018

And a web playable version! https://www.propellerheads.se/europa
Thats pretty amazing!
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.17.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.17.07 AM.png (916.89 KiB) Viewed 5963 times
Last edited by rcbuse on 30 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

30 May 2018

After they run the scripts, later today it shoyld be free for all Reason 10 users:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/vst/europa-by-reason/

Aosta

30 May 2018

So this may be the start of ALL props devices being ported. A VST Thor or Parsec is just weird and I can't wrap my head around it.
Tend the flame

rudiarii

30 May 2018

You can try it from your browser too.....
https://www.youtube.com/redirect?redir_ ... e%2Feuropa

EDIT
Just saw it above...
Last edited by rudiarii on 30 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

raccoonboy

30 May 2018

Makes perfect sense to me.
I mean, I think props should do this with their products sparingly as most of their stuff deserves to be used in the Reason ecosystem. But having their brand-new flagship synth available across all platforms is a great move. Thinks about it. People often complain about not enough Reason users due to the lack of piracy or whatever, well they are never going to go back on their security. But Europa has a chance to be huge on the VST market (and probably pirate market). This means there could be 100s of online tutorials and 1000s of presets for sale over the years.

People will also take it more seriously. Many people will overlook Europa as they do with all Reason stuff, they'll call it thin or not as flexible as other synths, but you never hear these complaints about the 100s of average VSTs out there.

People often slate Reason devices simply because they don't have Reason, they'll talk it down because otherwise it'll affect their GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). They hate not having stuff so they just say it's crap and dismiss it.
Now all the people who want the latest sounding synth etc will get it and it'll get the credit it deserves (I've not used it as I don't have Reason 10 but it looks great).

This will all increase the brand recognition of Propellerhead and bring more people in long term. Also, free editions of Reason Lite or whatever it's called with certain synths like Korg is also a great strategy. Come on REASON!

PeterP

30 May 2018

Next step: Reason as a VST(i). It would make perfect sense to load up an empty Rack where you can go wild with players, a synth and some effects.

That's one thing I like about FL Studio, that they include that option.

sonicbyte

30 May 2018

That's a shocker... I don't get it, maybe this give them more sales by reaching more people out there in the short term, but this could not damage Reason's own universe ? I mean this could be lead to less people interested in adopt Reason as their new DAW since they can get now some of the coolest devices without it....

Maybe is a smart move and I'm dumb...will see

nickb523
RE Developer

30 May 2018

Interesting. I wonder if it can open Europa presets contained within ReFills?

antic604

30 May 2018

Have you noticed how sharp & detailed the GUI is? Ryan confirmed in YT comments that it does indeed support 4K :) Time for Reason to catch up...

EdGrip

30 May 2018

I think this means Propellerhead are in trouble.

PeterP

30 May 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
30 May 2018
I don't get it, maybe this give them more sales by reaching more people out there in the short term, but this could not damage Reason's own universe ? I mean this could be lead to less people interested in adopt Reason as their new DAW since they can get now some of the coolest devices without it....
But why should they be afraid of that? That's like admitting that your DAW isn't good enough.

It could also go the other way. A hardcore Ableton user buys Europe/Reason to play around with the Synths and Effects and then discover that it's a very pleasant and inspiring to use...

seqoi

30 May 2018

EdGrip wrote:
30 May 2018
I think this means Propellerhead are in trouble.
Yeah sure. I forgot tot say that above. How much are we far from "Propellerheads are in trouble" nonsense. When they release anything unusual for Reason user it gotta be sign of trouble. People said SAME thing back at version 8. Same.

Can anyone explain me why people think this is damage to Reason universe?

Btw

Europa by Reason VST/AU is FREE for all Reason 10 users. Visit your account to find your license.

sonicbyte

30 May 2018

PeterP wrote:
30 May 2018
sonicbyte wrote:
30 May 2018
I don't get it, maybe this give them more sales by reaching more people out there in the short term, but this could not damage Reason's own universe ? I mean this could be lead to less people interested in adopt Reason as their new DAW since they can get now some of the coolest devices without it....
But why should they be afraid of that? That's like admitting that your DAW isn't good enough.

It could also go the other way. A hardcore Ableton user buys Europe/Reason to play around with the Synths and Effects and then discover that it's a very pleasant and inspiring to use...
Yeap, you maybe right, that was my first thought... and then I read this from props CEO:

https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/euro ... in-is-here
Last edited by sonicbyte on 30 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

sdst
Competition Winner

30 May 2018

very nice, all wins with this

especially if the presets works in all versions

Aosta

30 May 2018

Well someone has just posted the video on the KVR forums so that will be an interesting crapfest to read seen as props and Reason get constantly slated on there.
It's not the first time props have broke the ecosystem with their Thor, Figure and Take apps.
Tend the flame

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 May 2018

sdst wrote:
30 May 2018
very nice, all wins with this

especially if the presets works in all versions
The presets even work in the web version.

• Information