Europa VST/AU!!!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
jimmyklane

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
Aosta wrote:
30 May 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if things like Synchronous, Polar and Audiomatic become available too.
:shock: :o
These are tools unique to Reason. That’s the bummer. Reason imposed a certain way of working that gets a certain type of sound. I suppose what I’m feeling right now would be jealousy....I actually don’t WANT the world to have access to Reason unless they jump in the pool with us....but progress shall not be stopped, and obviously I’m not in charge of marketing at PH!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

sleep1979

30 May 2018

GUESS ITS NOT FREE FOR INTRO USERS ??

Aosta

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018

:shock: :o
It makes sense. Now that they have smashed open the doors from the enclosed system and seemingly successfully ported their first device to VST I can't see why they would stop there? Props have always made excellent devices and there is a huge market of VST heads unaware of how great they really are. The only drawback for them I can see is the crackability of the VST versions but I'd think the rewards would outweigh that.
Props have finally entered the ring by the looks of it and I can see mobile versions too. Thor and Figure were a success on IOS and with their buddyness with Korg lately they may have collaborated with them and learnt a lot from their amazingly brilliant Gadget app.
A leap is on it's way and I think props may have been planning this from the birth of REs but may have needed investors to finally get it to fruition.
Big things are a comin :puf_bigsmile:
Tend the flame

Loque

30 May 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
30 May 2018
Check your account...But i would guess no.
Reason12, Win10

miscend

30 May 2018

sleep1979 wrote:
30 May 2018
I see why they would do that. Reason Intro costs less than buying Europa at the introduction price.
Last edited by miscend on 30 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

30 May 2018

Very interesting development.

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 May 2018

Aosta wrote:
30 May 2018
It makes sense. Now that they have smashed open the doors from the enclosed system and seemingly successfully ported their first device to VST I can't see why they would stop there? Props have always made excellent devices and there is a huge market of VST heads unaware of how great they really are. The only drawback for them I can see is the crackability of the VST versions but I'd think the rewards would outweigh that.
Props have finally entered the ring by the looks of it and I can see mobile versions too. Thor and Figure were a success on IOS and with their buddyness with Korg lately they may have collaborated with them and learnt a lot from their amazingly brilliant Gadget app.
A leap is on it's way and I think props may have been planning this from the birth of REs but may have needed investors to finally get it to fruition.
Big things are a comin :puf_bigsmile:
There is no technical reason why a VST can't have the same protection as an RE.

platzangst

30 May 2018

Well, not long after I surmised in another thread that PH probably wouldn't be interested in making a RE wrapper to use them in VSTs, they do this. I give up, man. Up is down, black is white, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Loque

30 May 2018

platzangst wrote:
30 May 2018
Well, not long after I surmised in another thread that PH probably wouldn't be interested in making a RE wrapper to use them in VSTs, they do this. I give up, man. Up is down, black is white, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (971.95 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
I like it that PH comes back to its roots, where they surprise everybody! :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

jayhosking

30 May 2018

Wow, that's pretty. Seeing Europa in high resolution, with a zoom feature, makes me think that Thor will get a new lease on life if I don't have to squint at the font. Here's hoping 1) they increase the resolution options in Reason soon, and 2) they create VST versions of other devices like Thor.

Honestly, Thor with larger resolution, a unison feature added, and maybe a rethink on the UI/layout, would be just as powerful as many of the other softsynths I regularly reach for.

abeonis

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
platzangst wrote:
30 May 2018
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I like it that PH comes back to its roots, where they surprise everybody! :thumbs_up:
Agree with this lady. Bla, Bla, Bla. What I see is only resistance to change. Welcome to innovative changes. Thanks PH.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

Aosta

30 May 2018

Wow! Some are already saying it has that 'low quality' reason sound over at KVR :lol:
This is going to be a hoot!

Tend the flame

EnochLight

30 May 2018

ScottyM (goes by THE INTRANCER at KVR these days) thinks Europa sounds like "Reason's interpolated low quality sound". :roll: As I also own Serum, Thorn, and a metric shit ton of other VST - I just can't agree with that. Someone recently posted a wavetable example being processed by Serum, Europa, and Expanse, and after they adjusted their faulty testing (they couldn't get Expanse's settings right), there was virtually no difference in sound between the 3.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p7089509
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

30 May 2018

Aosta wrote:
30 May 2018
Wow! Some are already saying it has that 'low quality' reason sound over at KVR :lol:
This is going to be a hoot!

Yea...the pro has commented it...We have to fall on our knees...
8kM9dh4BEHE9G.gif
8kM9dh4BEHE9G.gif (310.78 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
Reason12, Win10

kitekrazy

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
Maybe we should just be quiet for 1 minute and thank PH for beeing very generous with Reason 10 in the end, giving us a lot of content, several new synths as RE and as VST(!), new SDK and a free DrumSequencer Player. Thank you very much PH and forgive us our hard slapping your face!

Ok...minute is over now...Lets talk about "How to DAW"...just kidding...i have the best hopes for PH. They seem on the right track...
+1 I would like to see some simple DAW improvements.

I think they should market their instruments as VSTs. Most DAW companies sell their add ons.

Loque

30 May 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
30 May 2018
Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
Maybe we should just be quiet for 1 minute and thank PH for beeing very generous with Reason 10 in the end, giving us a lot of content, several new synths as RE and as VST(!), new SDK and a free DrumSequencer Player. Thank you very much PH and forgive us our hard slapping your face!

Ok...minute is over now...Lets talk about "How to DAW"...just kidding...i have the best hopes for PH. They seem on the right track...

I think they should market their instruments as VSTs. Most DAW companies sell their add ons.
Ahhh... i agree...but this looks like a good strategy. Show the VST nabs how a synth can sound and how easy it is to program. Show them, that there is a DAW full of those beauties. Show the devs, "Hey, you dev a RE, you can release it for VST and Web at the same time without any further effort". I smell money for PH. That means, i smell more "Reason" for me. And that smells good.
Reason12, Win10

kitekrazy

30 May 2018

Loque wrote:
30 May 2018
kitekrazy wrote:
30 May 2018

Ahhh... i agree...but this looks like a good strategy. Show the VST nabs how a synth can sound and how easy it is to program. Show them, that there is a DAW full of those beauties. Show the devs, "Hey, you dev a RE, you can release it for VST and Web at the same time without any further effort". I smell money for PH. That means, i smell more "Reason" for me. And that smells good.
A lot of non Reason users bought Thor for iPad when it was $5. If Redrum becomes a VST and standalone I'm all over that.

Undistraction

30 May 2018

It's the web version that is the really crazy thing here. To be able to do that is close to miraculous without rewriting the code.

I have no idea what the benefit is other than the great novelty, but that is a technical marvel right there.

Loque

30 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2018
It's the web version that is the really crazy thing here. To be able to do that is close to miraculous without rewriting the code.

I have no idea what the benefit is other than the great novelty, but that is a technical marvel right there.
The benefit is, that it runs on every device that supports some HTML stuff and has a audio interface. This could be very interesting, maybe...in 5 years.
Reason12, Win10

raccoonboy

30 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2018

As someone said, you could have interactive lessons instead of just a video on youtube...

geronimo

30 May 2018

Work fine with Digital Performer 9 (AU version) .

emilng

30 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2018

Having access to a built-in scripting language would be pretty awesome.

I didn't delve too deep into the code, but I imagine there is going to be some rewrite involved at least to remap the UI layers and how the audio code translates into the web audio API. I noticed some .ts filenames which means they're using Typescript and other structure indicates automated conversion of code into web assembly.

Sylnox

30 May 2018

When I saw the announcement I had to pinch myself and make sure I wasn't still asleep. As somebody who owns Reason and loves some of the devices (especially the v10 synths) but doesn't actually like it as a DAW that much compared to competing offerings, this is huge! VST Europa is way better for me than clunky Rewired-in Europa. Here's to hoping other devices like Grain and Parsec get the same treatment and that they offer this tech to RE developers as well. I'd love to see a VST version of eXpanse.

A couple usability improvements I'd like to see in the future are a better patch browser (ability to open patches in subfolders without using the file open dialog every time you want to switch folders) and drag-and-drop for sample/wavetable import. The latter will be especially important if they decide VST-ize something really dependent on sample import like Grain. Neither of these are a problem in Reason because of the integration with the browser, but they're awkward in VST-land where you don't have that.

Aosta

30 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2018

It is a fully functioning version. You can load presets or create your own (you can even load your own samples as user waves).
You can use it anywhere, mess around with it and create patches then save them or send them to an email.
The possibilities of preset creation is massive as is collaboration.
Open up the web player, create a patch, send it to a friend, they play around with it and send it back to you. Create your own bank and put it online wherever you are and whenever you want just using your web browser.
That is pretty incredible.
Tend the flame

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2018

Well, most of the work was done by the LLVM project and Emscripten. The rest of the work was creating the SDK 3D rendering tools, abstracting away the platform with the SDK, and the bridging code that every new platform requires to interface with the GUI and the audio interface.

• Information