hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Here's a short demo of some of the patches from the OB-6 hardware profile:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

DonnieAlan

18 Aug 2018

While they will be adding new controller profiles in the future, it won't be for a lot of them, only those with, essentially, one knob per function. So, entire classes of popular synths, that many use as MIDI controllers in their studios, will not be included in those profile set-ups. For example, none of the Yamaha Motif series will be, because each of the knobs can be assigned to multiple functions, as any Motif user knows. I inquired directly to Spectrasonics on this and got this reply:
Our focus with the 2.5 hardware integration is to implement essentially one-knob per function synthesizers as controllers for Omnisphere.

The technology we developed for this update relies on individual knobs sending out CC messages – due to the nature of the workstation you’ve suggested, it is unlikely to be included as a hardware profile.
So, how much of a boost 2.5 will be for users will depend a lot on what hardware synths you're using as controllers. That said, no matter what controller you are using, each of the profiles also comes with a set of patches in the flavor of the hardware synth profile. While not outright emulations, they do capture the essence of those synths and add some nice new patches to your arsenal. And of course, everything is highly editable.

Don't forget that with any controller you can use CC learn to assign knobs and sliders on your hardware to control various functions on Omnisphere if you wish. This can be a very useful tool if you want to do some heavy sound design of your own.

Adding to more layers to a patch will really open of some sonic possibilities as well. Besides all the many waveforms available, there are great samples that can be included. And you can import your own samples, too. Omnisphere is without doubt one of the most versatile and powerful VI's on the market and worth every penny of the price!

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2018

What a nice surprise to find some additional unannounced hardware profiles (and modeled presets) included with the 2.5 update. They initially said 20 would be included in 2.5, but now there's 31.

Hello Access Virus!!!!

yay.png
yay.png (57.59 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2018

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

30 Aug 2018

hurricane wrote:
29 Aug 2018
What a nice surprise to find some additional unannounced hardware profiles (and modeled presets) included with the 2.5 update. They initially said 20 would be included in 2.5, but now there's 31.

Hello Access Virus!!!!

yay.png
It's a good list. Makes it a little more tempting to see two of my synths on there! And I'm not sure whether I'm just being swooned by the presentation, but there's something really crisp and pleasing about Omnisphere's granular engine. How well does it run on Reason or other DAWs?

hurricane
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2018

Struggles like other high quality synths in Reason, runs like a dream in Logic.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bik44

31 Aug 2018

How Omnisphere’s granular module compares to Torsion Re?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

ast3rix

04 Sep 2018

I have been playing around with it for a few days and guys this thing is unreal. If you don't own any vst's and are looking for an all around massive library of sounds Omnisphere 2.5 is it. I don't own any of the keyboards mentioned in the promo, but you can still use the profiles to experience the emulations that they created for them. I swear there's soooo much in this version that it will take me months to work through all of what was added.

Surfeast

09 Sep 2018

If your performance is struggling do what I did this is true of all VST's (mac)

I created a separate folder on my dedicated sad for Reason's files and Refills

created a Library Alias with Application Support /Audio/Plug-Ins /VST Just like your boot drive

I only Insert the VST's I plan to use per project or my go to's

I point Reason prefs to this VST folder and bypass all my system VST's that suck down Reason resources

Hope this helps
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

Marco Raaphorst

09 Sep 2018

superb idea. and very simple idea. custom profiles.

others will follow.

giobenoni

14 Sep 2018

I have it, awesome update, good useful patches straight out of the box.
The visual grain feature is really good, U can play whatever root sample you want without the feeling that it is being pitched on the higher notes, also good for movement : for example when you initialize the patch and select the Raw Moog Sine, turn on the default grain and play it on the lower notes, than you have the best subbass patch you could ever imagine, just throw a sidechain on and you are ready to go..

• Information