Nutron2 standard spikes in DSP only

Discuss VST stuff here!
Chango

20 Apr 2018

I just upgraded to Neutron2 standard and I love it when I don't get the abrupt spikes out of nowhere when my DSP only has 2 bars. I am starting to think this is just a Isotope thing. What sucks is that I feel that I cant use it that much. It spikes on a song that I am working on that is only 4,097kb. I know how to optimize my computer and I know all about buffer samples, i did all of that. I want to be able to use the masking feature but you need to have neutron on the other tracks to read each other. :wtf: :| :cry:
Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

Lempface

20 Apr 2018

I'm using Neutron and Ozone bundle in Reason without issue.

Windows 10
AMD 8 core 3.2 GHz
Steinberg UR22mkII interface
20 Gb RAM

I've used the masking and the Tonal Balance Control extensively so you might want to try some more tweaks. Do you have the latest versions?
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Chango

20 Apr 2018

hhhm...I have an AMD 8 core 8350 16gbRAM and buffer all the way up and only 3 instances of N2 and it spikes. I wonder if i have some weird crap in the background taking up cpu.
Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

Chango

20 Apr 2018

oh and for some reason I only see the Tonal Balance as in demo form and cant change it, reason being I downloaded with Ozone8 advanced that expired ? some mix up with the demo and actual license version of N2?

groggy1

21 Apr 2018

Chango wrote:
20 Apr 2018
I just upgraded to Neutron2 standard and I love it when I don't get the abrupt spikes out of nowhere when my DSP only has 2 bars. I am starting to think this is just a Isotope thing. What sucks is that I feel that I cant use it that much. It spikes on a song that I am working on that is only 4,097kb. I know how to optimize my computer and I know all about buffer samples, i did all of that. I want to be able to use the masking feature but you need to have neutron on the other tracks to read each other. :wtf: :| :cry:
Close the Neutron2 UX - do you get the same spikes?
Also, I recommend installing new video drivers, and new drivers for everything else (networking device drivers, audio device drivers, etc). I had a bunch of glitches in Reason, until I did this.

EnochLight

21 Apr 2018

Chango wrote:
20 Apr 2018
It's a Reason+Neutron 2 (and Ozone 8) issue. Props are aware. That said, try just using Mix Taps on the other channels - you don't need full instances of Neutron 2 on all of your channels. As a last resort, assuming you are at the actual project mixing stage, just bounce all of your tracks down to audio files - you'll have a much better chance of using Neutron 2 on every track without issue.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Chango

08 May 2018

Hey thanks man, I actualy found something that worked. i disabled my Nvidia high def sound card and now i have no glitches. Oh and yes I did bounce the midi to wave and it still glitched. Like i said disabling the my Nvidia worked great. :) thank you for your help, I do know that Mattias said they are working hard for the next update to get Reason to work more smoothly with vsts.

• Information