Focusrite VSTs?

Discuss VST stuff here!
donking2010

19 Apr 2018

I'm looking at buying a Clarett 4Pre and see it comes with these plug ins:

XLN Audio – Addictive Key
Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins

Does anyone know can I load these into Reason as VSTs? or are they just standalone?

Lov2sing

19 Apr 2018

Yea I have it and it sounds good. Other than that I don’t use it as much as my Waves plugins. But that just because I prefer to do that. The other thought every month Focusrite partners with other companies and give away plugins so you get more than what they offer. So in short the sound is great and the extras are too.
We make music for a reason

Psuper

19 Apr 2018

donking2010 wrote:
19 Apr 2018
I'm looking at buying a Clarett 4Pre and see it comes with these plug ins:

XLN Audio – Addictive Key
Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins

Does anyone know can I load these into Reason as VSTs? or are they just standalone?
Let me know what you think. The Clarette 4 and Apollo Twin were my 2 original choices before going with the Discrete 4 (which already died, not a good sign, getting a replacement though as the pres are simply stunning).
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

donking2010

19 Apr 2018

That Discrete looks cool. I've never heard of them before. But very interesting. How does it integrate with Reason? Easy setup? Do all those plug ins open in Reason?

guitfnky

19 Apr 2018

Addictive Keys definitely works well as a VST, within Reason. it also happens to sound incredible (I only have the Rhodes myself, but I have a friend with the pianos, and he confirms it sounds amazing too).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Psuper

19 Apr 2018

donking2010 wrote:
19 Apr 2018
That Discrete looks cool. I've never heard of them before. But very interesting. How does it integrate with Reason? Easy setup? Do all those plug ins open in Reason?
I was on the fence and extremely vocal about the unit, the marketing, etc in my typical true-neutral self who can say how I feel without making it personal. You can read my journey here (I'm Piavoice on GS):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... 899-a.html

And a mini heads up here on RT:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7505657&p=381754&h ... te#p381754

TLDR is the Discrete 4 is stellar -- this after patches have fixed things and I've worked through the kinks of a poorly designed UI. Pres purely incredible, might be a combination of the style of my voice married to the equipment, however I'm genuinely blown away and think most would experience the same euphoria once they tried it.

Conversion/clocking top notch as usual to be expected from Antelope stuff. On Thunderbolt, 192k, 64 samples 0ms in, 1 ms out, though I've settled on 96k for most of the stuff I do (a must to have the extra data there when manipulating samples, vocoding etc).

The effects are still a pain to work in the Antelope software and limited to 2 mono or 1 stereo for the $900 package. Once they release AFX2DAW I'll upgrade to be able to use them in my DAW because these effects are, in a word, as 'hardware' as you can get and truly killer stuff (similar like the UAD stuff but 50 of them basically for free). I had plenty of hardware in my time, and have played with the various options emulating hardware like Nebula, and having the FPGA stuff you similarly just have to try to appreciate.

I also got the Verge small diaphragm mic and mic emulations, great stuff for recording many things, not too great for drums or heavy SPL stuff at the moment however they're making an announcement soon addressing and apparently fixing the spl issue.

I'm a bit annoyed the unit died, however they are sending me another. Quality Control apparently is not one of their strong points, so I'm giving them a pass for now because Ive been totally won over by the device. I can't imagine trying to swap back to the other audio devices at this point, I simply want this to work as its been, and for a long long time.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Loque

20 Apr 2018

I got Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor and they are...an EQ and a compressor, nothing more, nothing less. Never would pay for that.

I also got the Addictive Keys...never tried till now. I remember that the activation was kind of a pain.
Reason12, Win10

opabobby

26 Apr 2018

My Focusrite 6i6 came with the XLN keys also. I selected the Modern Upright Piano. IMO it's outstanding.

NekujaK

27 Apr 2018

The XLN Grand Piano is one of my favorite sampled pianos - simply stunning. By far the best freebie plugin (thanks to Focusrite) I ever got.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Catatac

18 Jul 2019

Late reply but whatevs...

I found a major bug in the Focusrite Red 3 Comp v1.1. If you set any knobs to anything off of default values, save the reason file, close then reopen it, the knobs will display the correct values but use the defaults! I've sort of worked around it by automating every knob to those custom values but what a major PITA.

Focusrite confirmed the bug and are working on it. No ETA on that yet.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2019

Red2/3 are nothing special, never use them.
XLN Grand and Electric Piano are super!

Presonus Audoi interfaces are very good too (and they do CV out for Eurorack) and comes with very nice SW bundle.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information