uvi world suite

Discuss VST stuff here!
djsmex

14 Apr 2018

Hi, has anyone used the uvi world suite or can recommend any compparible reason refills with similar quality? I'm looking for authentic sounds from around the world as instruments not just percussion. Played loops are a bonus but not required.
thanks,

Soeno

14 Apr 2018

maybe this from the shop
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ster-pack/

Ethno World from Bestservice is more expansive than the UVI library

djsmex

16 Apr 2018

thanks, looks great, will be getting it.

Soeno

24 May 2018

uvi world suite is on sale atm

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

Came here looking for any thoughts on UVI World Suite .. I'm guessing no one has anything further to add?

It's on sale again for $179 and I am tossing up between this, and EastWest RA. Or perhaps I should look into 1 or 2 dedicated sample packs for percussion, stringed instruments and flutes, particularly African and South American.

I'm not really looking to recreate these instruments in a perfectly realistic way, just want to add some acoustic world sounds to my electronic tracks. I grabbed the World Booster Pack posted above but wasn't that impressed (but at $29 it's not bad).

esselfortium

22 Jul 2019

I wouldn't recommend EastWest RA for use with Reason, until either EastWest fixes their Play engine to not break during non-realtime bouncing or exporting ("offline bounce"), or Propellerhead adds a realtime bounce option to Reason. Neither is probably likely to change anytime soon.

I don't own World Suite, but UVI Workstation works pretty well with Reason in my experience.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

Ahh thanks. Actually I forgot about the Play engine thing with offline bounces. Hmm maybe that's a good reason to look elsewhere. Cheers.

NekujaK

22 Jul 2019

I got World Suite a while back for a really good price - even less than the current sale, I believe. It's got a lot of content and I've actually used some of the instruments for paid work. That said, I'm not sure it's such a good deal at the current sale price. The samples are good, but a lot of them are, how shall I say... unspectacular. At the current price, I would expect something with a little more organic character. Overall, I'd give World Suite a B+. It's biggest strength is the wide variety of instruments represented, and the UVI player is very easy to work with.

Incidentally, I got Komplete 12 recently, and am really happy with the Discovery series of world instruments that's included (India, MidEast, West Africa). World Suite has far more global variety to its instruments, but all the Discovery sounds are superb, although the majority are percussion instruments.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

Hmm thanks for the input. I'll have a look at the Discovery Series (probably just as Kontact libraries to use with the free player) as the full Komplete 12 is well out of my budget ;)

• Information