Is NI's Battery 4 Worth It? On sale for $99

Discuss VST stuff here!
challism

19 Apr 2018

Kenni wrote:
16 Apr 2018
You guys got in a fight. About drum machines. Users were banned based on this argument. I can't imagine how dumb you must feel right now.

Besides, NNXT over any drum machine.

:lol:

Drum machines or DUMB machines?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2018

Am I the only one that just loads samples into the sequencer and doesn't use Kong or any sampler at all? :D

candybag

20 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
Am I the only one that just loads samples into the sequencer and doesn't use Kong or any sampler at all? :D
I only ever used Redrum. Perhaps we're missing out on stuff? :D
Recently got the NI Kontrol pack, so i'll give Battery a go next time...
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261 - AT2050 - Auralex Project 2™ Roominator Kit
9900K - 16 GB - 3xXB270HU - GTX 1080 ti

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
you would be very happy with Reason Intro.

without being able to hide track, i can't imagine working that way
Last edited by sdst on 20 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2018

sdst wrote:
20 Apr 2018
aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
you would be very happy with Reason Intro

without being able to hide track, i can't imagine working that way
I don't know about Reason intro.. I like the full version a lot!

QVprod

20 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
candybag wrote:
20 Apr 2018
There are advantages beyond Redrum and the sequencer. Layering samples is one of the main ones. Personally my kicks and snares are of ten 2-3 samples layered. Can be done in Redrum or the sequencer but it's faster in something like Kong or Battery. Battery also has articulations for things like rolls and triplets that makes playing certain things easier.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2018

I tried it today, really very good program

this is just what I need in Reaper

going to buy next time is on offer
Last edited by sdst on 20 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Oquasec

20 Apr 2018

What made Reason work was basically how simple it is.
It had all the synths you needed at 5. It had all the samplers you needed, at 5. It had a battery built into it that looked like the Roland mv series.
------------------------------------------------
Everything else after reason 5 is bells & whistles. It does not get any simpler than a literal, self-contained sandboxed system that can load anything into it.
And all they wanted is time spent learning it.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mreese80

20 Apr 2018

Kenni wrote:
16 Apr 2018
You guys got in a fight. About drum machines. Users were banned based on this argument. I can't imagine how dumb you must feel right now.

You get banned on this site for the smallest thing lol. Never seen such online security for people speaking how they feel. But hey, not my site lol.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

20 Apr 2018

Battery 3 like i said is better than b4. But i use kong. Battery hits way harder than Kong. I don't use either much any more but it's worth having.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

QVprod

20 Apr 2018

mreese80 wrote:
20 Apr 2018
Kenni wrote:
16 Apr 2018

You get banned on this site for the smallest thing lol. Never seen such online security for people speaking how they feel. But hey, not my site lol.
No you get banned for breaking the rules. Not a sole here got banned for expressing an opinion. Keep in mind that we delete offending posts.

United South

29 Apr 2018

mreese80 wrote:
20 Apr 2018
Battery 3 like i said is better than b4. But i use kong. Battery hits way harder than Kong. I don't use either much any more but it's worth having.
Groove Agent is looking real nice I've been playing with it and it might beat out Kong as the King of drums for live drumming for me. Steinberg did a real good job with it and all there plugins I've bought it's making me think about demoing Cubase again. Groove Agent is like studio drummer meets kong and redrum all in one. Extremely powerful and versatile. I don't know all the ends and outs about it because I've been busy pushing songs but I'm really impressed with how they implemented note repeat giving you 8 different note speeds to choose from at once on any pad you choose, can you say monster snare Rolls :puf_bigsmile:.

candybag

02 May 2018

QVprod wrote:
20 Apr 2018
aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
candybag wrote:
20 Apr 2018
There are advantages beyond Redrum and the sequencer. Layering samples is one of the main ones. Personally my kicks and snares are of ten 2-3 samples layered. Can be done in Redrum or the sequencer but it's faster in something like Kong or Battery. Battery also has articulations for things like rolls and triplets that makes playing certain things easier.

What about the sequencing, do you have to use the piano roll for placing notes? The thing i like about Redrum is the static sample "piano roll" with 10 lanes, especially for volume/panning automation since you don't need to switch track.
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261 - AT2050 - Auralex Project 2™ Roominator Kit
9900K - 16 GB - 3xXB270HU - GTX 1080 ti

QVprod

02 May 2018

candybag wrote:
02 May 2018
QVprod wrote:
20 Apr 2018

What about the sequencing, do you have to use the piano roll for placing notes? The thing i like about Redrum is the static sample "piano roll" with 10 lanes, especially for volume/panning automation since you don't need to switch track.
You mean the step sequencer. No Battery doesn't have a step sequencer. I personally play my drums in by hand though so it's not a missing feature for me. Automation capabilities would be the same.

sdst
Competition Winner

02 May 2018

candybag wrote:
02 May 2018

What about the sequencing
you can use all available sequencer in Reason with Battery

with this RE

TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ltiplexer/

but as I said I prefer kong

MusicianX

07 May 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Hey all, is NI's Battery 4 worth it. NI is having a sale where if you buy two $49 expansion packs you get Battery 4 for free so essentially Battery 4 + two expansion packs of your choosing for $99. I'm tempted but what your thoughts on this. Those of you that have and use this does it work well in Reason? I'm assuming it does because Reaktor does. Thank you.
If you haven't already, go take a look at the battery section on the native instruments forum. You will see some of the disapointments with battery 4. I purchased this on sale and still I'm amazed that certain features that were in B3 still have not been added back. It seems like maschine is the only product they update but even that is still not where it should have been by now. I say all that to say if reason is your main daw I wouldn't bother with battery but if you use multiple daws battery is ok for the price of the current sale.

MarkushE

01 Jul 2018

Good point about the forums

But to be honest I havent had any issues with Battery 4 and its still my go to Drum sampler i love it.
I also have Nerve which is amazing to get things going but is mostly never used.

Check the below site it has some really decent Battery 4 MIDI drum loops House/tech House/Techno using just the factory kits
it will give you an idea of what it can do, plus theres some great programming and grooves ive learn an amazing amount just from the patterns.

http://sounds.beatport.com/publisher/Evilglamour/72760

www.Evilglamour.com

https://www.evilglamour.com/products/ev ... midi-files

https://www.evilglamour.com/products/ev ... use-unlock

https://www.evilglamour.com/products/ev ... drum-loops

MarkushE

09 Nov 2018

• Information