VST Window Problem

Discuss VST stuff here!
Jeff242

27 Mar 2018

Anyone having issues with this too??

--The title bar of the VST Plugin Window and the Icons at the top are taking up too much space. I need to make the Icons in the Title bar smaller because many VST plugins that I own have a GUI that is designed to just fit between the top of the screen and the taskbar on the bottom with a standard title bar, but the added icons (Keep Open, Automate, Remote, Screenshot) are way too large, forcing many of my plugin windows below and behind my taskbar. If the plugin has essential controls at the bottom of the, with many do, I have no way to access them because first, the plugin window is not resizeable, and second, the plugin window cannot be moved up to gain access to the bottom because the window does not allow the title bar to extend above the top of the screen. Its so frustrating because there is nothing I can do with the window to gave be access to the bottom to the plugin window, but also because I know that if those icons were hidden, then the window would fit perfectly between the to of the screen and the taskbar on the bottom, just as the vst designer intended. Those Icons are WAY too big, I'm sure a thin bar with the words "Keep Open, Automate, Remote, Screenshot" would suffice.--

If you are let Propellerhead know...

Jeff

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2018

What resolution are you running at, I'm yet to come across a VST that fulls my screen and I run the RP with the big screen option...

Jeff242

30 Mar 2018

Whatever is native for my screen, like about 1080 or so. I recently bought the Arturia synth bundle and they all have big guis. But even though arturia lets you change the size, their windows take up a full screen, so their software must detect the screen size cause it always fits exactly on my screen in other daws. In Reason, the plugin does the same but doesn’t account for the extra vertical room those icons take , so the plugin extends below the taskbar by exactly the height of the icons. So yes not all my plugins do this but all of arturia’s plugins , a dozen or so, and Softube Modular as well, so it’s not nothing.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2018

gotcha, what a pain....

I would send this off to support with pics as a collapsible bar is a good idea....

• Information