VST browse patches

Discuss VST stuff here!
GTab

17 Mar 2018

Hi, with many VSTs i can't browse patches or banks. Only save works. Any suggestion?
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (67.03 KiB) Viewed 1470 times

JdA57

17 Mar 2018

Has nothing to do with Reason. It's mostly by design of the VST.

As example the obxd can only load / change bank via mouseclick (GUI).

EnochLight

17 Mar 2018

GTab wrote:
17 Mar 2018
Hi, with many VSTs i can't browse patches or banks. Only save works. Any suggestion?
Cattura.PNG
JdA57 wrote:
17 Mar 2018

Actually, it has everything to do with how Reason handles browsing of VST's patch libraries. If the VST utilizes the standard *.FXP/FXB format, then any VST's presets can be browsed as long as Reason's browser points to the folder where said VST's presets are kept (see: Xfer Serum, Synapse Audio Dune 2 for example). With some VST (for instance, Sonic Charge Microtonic, Synplant, and Permut8), Reason will attempt to parse the VST's presets that are currently loaded into the plugin's present bank, and you'll be provided with separate up/down arrows on the far right of the VST Device Instrument browser screen.

For all others, you have to use the VST's own proprietary browser, although you can save any loaded preset with Reason's browser as well.

Check out page 375 of the Operation Manual.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

JdA57

22 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
17 Mar 2018
GTab wrote:
17 Mar 2018
Cattura.PNG
JdA57 wrote:
17 Mar 2018

Actually, it has everything to do with how Reason handles browsing of VST's patch libraries. If the VST utilizes the standard *.FXP/FXB format, then any VST's presets can be browsed as long as Reason's browser points to the folder where said VST's presets are kept (see: Xfer Serum, Synapse Audio Dune 2 for example). With some VST (for instance, Sonic Charge Microtonic, Synplant, and Permut8), Reason will attempt to parse the VST's presets that are currently loaded into the plugin's present bank, and you'll be provided with separate up/down arrows on the far right of the VST Device Instrument browser screen.

For all others, you have to use the VST's own proprietary browser, although you can save any loaded preset with Reason's browser as well.

Check out page 375 of the Operation Manual.
normally I ignore many of your post's and don't answere, because sometimes :(

But:

Obxd: the same problem happens in many other DAW's too. In that case OBxd needs first to change the BANK manually like I described (GUI), than the user will see the patches in Reason like in other DAWs too. (because default-bank after loaded of OBXD is 'initbank')
And some other VST's you really cannot change the programs directly via DAW too. So it's not everything about that a problem of Reason!

EnochLight

22 Apr 2018

JdA57 wrote:
22 Apr 2018
normally I ignore many of your post's and don't answere, because sometimes :(
JdA57 wrote:
22 Apr 2018
But:

Obxd: the same problem happens in many other DAW's too. In that case OBxd needs first to change the BANK manually like I described (GUI), than the user will see the patches in Reason like in other DAWs too. (because default-bank after loaded of OBXD is 'initbank')
And some other VST's you really cannot change the programs directly via DAW too. So it's not everything about that a problem of Reason!
:(

Would this not apply for Obxd? Asking for a friend.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information